new music

Miley Cyrus : Plastic Hearts is out

Teletubby

Featured Posts

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Chromatography

listened to the album in full. i love it except for bad karma. the moans are atrocious 

Finally listened to it in full. It has some Disney soundtrack feels to it that put me off and it's a hit or miss type of album, but strongly cohesive after all.

My tops are Bad Karma, High and Midnight Sky. Honorable mentions to Angels Like You, Night Crawling, Hate Me and Never Be Me.

abd0c13c8745cd6be62b884258f9ac528787198a

Flawless

It's a good album, but everybody hyped so much that I was expecting a lot more. WTF Do I Know, Prisoner, Gimme What I Want, Night Crawling & Midnight Sky are my favorites. The melody on Angels Like You felt so repetitive tho, when I listened for the first time it was like I was hearing another 1000 ballads with the same vibe. 

the scars on my mind are on replay.

4 hours ago, COOOK said:

Finally listened to it in full. It has some Disney soundtrack feels to it that put me off and it's a hit or miss type of album, but strongly cohesive after all.

My tops are Bad Karma, High and Midnight Sky. Honorable mentions to Angels Like You, Night Crawling, Hate Me and Never Be Me.

abd0c13c8745cd6be62b884258f9ac528787198a

THAT'S WHERE THE MEME COMES FROM?:air: 

Cavadour

I listen to the whole album again, with the 3 live tracks. Following the lyrics. What an impressive piece of music. Rock, pop and country influences can't never outshine the main thing : Miley's emotional singing and heartbreaking lyrics. Fantastic work on the arrangements. I like the collabs but I prefer when she's on her own.

Silence after the last song left me brushing away some dust in my eyes. Such a brave girl.

Music Video Rock GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

Late to the party but I got a diamond heart

jimmytimestep

I enjoyed the album! The first half is very strong. After ‘Midnight Sky’ it starts to meander a little bit...’High’ and ‘Hate Me’ aren’t her best, but she brings it back with ‘Bad Karma’ and the last two tracks are gorgeous.

I think my only major criticism is that her ballads tend to swing close to sounding very country, which I know is in her blood and all, but the rest of the album doesn’t have that style, and when I hear the country rhythms and twang, it takes me out of it. ‘High’ especially.

8/10

StrawberryBlond

Pretty solid effort, definitely her best so far. I wouldn't call it a rock album, though, definitely pop rock and definite 80's pop rock influence, no doubt. It really is great up until after Midnight Sky, then is loosens off a bit. But then it ends wonderfully with Golden G String whose subject matter was not what I expected and really shows her growth as an artist. It's good to see critics rated it fairly regardless of her chaotic image right now but I don't know if she'll get Grammy nominations. She's only ever had one nomination in her life and it was Bangerz for best pop album, so I don't hold out hope. If Midnight Sky couldn't get a best pop solo nomination despite being a hit and being acclaimed by critics, she'll have no chance.

RickMonster98

I really loved this album, I liked instantly ALL tracks! The next single should be "Angels Like You". It sounds like a classic to me. "Prisoner" is one of the weakest tracks. :heart:

Spoiler

still crying for golden g string:bear:

Okay it’s hard to say it but Plastic Hearts is definitely my fave album this year, it has so much soul and uniqueness to it, she really did that wow. 

Cookie Tookie

Finally listened to the album. Wow, I’m actually really impressed with what she presented. A lot of these choruses are super catchy, and the lyrics are pretty good. I will definitely be listening again.

Best songs include WTF Do I Know, Angels Like You, Gimme What I Want, Night Crawling, High (my personal favorite), and Bad Karma. 

Archived