PunkTheFunk
32 minutes ago, MiQuenDroid said:

Why is she doing that?

To gain back ownership of her songs.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
33 minutes ago, M Monstre said:

Imagine Gaga re-recording her entire discography. I'd love for her to do that someday :bradley: 

I don't know about the rest but The Fame would be drastically different

If you see me posting like crazy, I'm either bored or procrastinating.

MANiCURE 6
1 minute ago, Red said:

I don't know about the rest but The Fame would be drastically different

God.. Imagine "Summerboy", "Retro Dance Freak", "Disco Heaven", "Again Again" now :wtfga:

Happy that Taylor's doing that. :heart:   I want artists to be free, and owning your work is one form of freedom.

I live outside the space time continuum.

Just now, MANiCURE 6 said:

God.. Imagine "Summerboy" now :wtfga:

What about Eh Eh? 

Boy we had a real good time

And I wish you the best on your way

I didn't mean to hurt you

I never thought we'd fall out of place

EEAAB7-E8-8258-4-F29-945-C-14754-C1-B70-

BornAsUnic0rn
31 minutes ago, M Monstre said:

I understand that. But also, I think some of the ad libs she does while she's singing songs like Alejandro and Poker Face (especially during the JWT) were amazing. Think about if she did those things in a studio session :giveup: 

Whenever I hear people mentioning Gaga re-recording her old stuff,I immediately think about the live ad libs and vocal variations she did in recent years. 

There are two performances I never see mentioned that live in my mind rent free. And I immediately think of them when the songs come on. Because the changes she did were really impactful, and it makes me think how Gaga would sing her old lyrics today in a studio setting. Especially since she mentioned how many variations of the Replay vocal melodies there were.

Telephone: Around 2:25, the song got shortened, she forgot about it and sung the wrong part, she went with it and the outcome changed the whole dynamic of the song and it’s amazing.

Just Dance: Around 3:08, in the bridge of the song she started to have fun and really went ham with the theatrics of her voice, and it gave Just Dance so much new energy and it breathed some new life into it for me. She did this on a few shows in a row. 

48 minutes ago, littlepotter said:

I've never really listened to pre-1989 but this is just so interesting :giveup: I'm interested to listen to the hits

Dear god :cryga: i actually am not sure I want to hear that. I firmly believe some of her vocal moments were lightning in bottles. There is no other take of "rah rah ah ah ah" that could sound as powerful as the one we have now. But on the other hand the thought of Gaga having to remember she wrote the lyric "in the morning buy me legs" is everything i could dream of

That’s my thing. She had so many vocal tales that happened in the fly like MJH’s final version that I don’t know if I’d really want to hear a re-recording. I’d listen but I feel like for her it captures a specific moment rather than just being another vocal take. The Venus harmonies? Marry the night’s potato quality? All contribute to her sound.

Franch Toast
35 minutes ago, MANiCURE 6 said:

God.. Imagine "Summerboy", "Retro Dance Freak", "Disco Heaven", "Again Again" now :wtfga:

I'm still hoping she performs "Summerboy" someday, and I love "Again Again." :huntyga:

She/Her/Hers

12 minutes ago, BornAsUnic0rn said:

Whenever I hear people mentioning Gaga re-recording her old stuff,I immediately think about the live ad libs and vocal variations she did in recent years. 

There are two performances I never see mentioned that live in my mind rent free. And I immediately think of them when the songs come on. Because the changes she did were really impactful, and it makes me think how Gaga would sing her old lyrics today in a studio setting. Especially since she mentioned how many variations of the Replay vocal melodies there were.

Telephone: Around 2:25, the song got shortened, she forgot about it and sung the wrong part, she went with it and the outcome changed the whole dynamic of the song and it’s amazing.

Just Dance: Around 3:08, in the bridge of the song she started to have fun and really went ham with the theatrics of her voice, and it gave Just Dance so much new energy and it breathed some new life into it for me. She did this on a few shows in a row. 

See, I like these being saved for live shows, though. It maintains some of the magic of seeing her live. You really don’t always know what you’ll get!

mr.peter

I love Taylor Swift but don’t hate me ...I never heard any of her albums before Red.  
of course I know the singles 

so this is gonna be great for me 

BornAsUnic0rn
3 minutes ago, Ziggy said:

See, I like these being saved for live shows, though. It maintains some of the magic of seeing her live. You really don’t always know what you’ll get!

And you still will get that. But those performances make me wonder.. how would Gaga, grown in the way she did, do these songs now? And a revamped/re-recorded Greatest Hits record is the only way I see her do that successfully in the steaming era, tbh. So why not throw in new versions of 10 of her greatest hits, with 5 fan favorites and 2 new songs, make it a double release with the second being an acoustic album?

The original versions would always exist. And giving these songs new life could be really fun.

Glamourpuss
1 hour ago, Red said:

What about Eh Eh? 

How are those bad though? 

BornAsUnic0rn
1 hour ago, Red said:

What about Eh Eh? 

Ok, you take the cake. Now I desperately need to hear her sing Eh Eh again. Because I just can’t imagine her singing it ever again. It sounds so ridiculous in my mind and I can’t explain why. 

Just now, Glamourpuss said:

How are those bad though? 

I didn't say they were bad :awkney: It's just that the The Fame's vocals (specially in songs like Eh, Eh, Summerboy and Paparazzi) are very soft and have that young-like quality to them and it's gonna sound very different now in Gaga is 12 years older (and doesn't smoke anymore) and that post in particular is just a joke about how Eh, Eh is a very sweet and innocent song and Gaga's Chromatica vocals are bold and somewhat aggressive (not in a bad way).

Archived