💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Gaga as a feature artist

Reez

Featured Posts

Why do you think Gaga is so rarely (read: never) a feature artist? 

I doubt she doesn't get offers from other artists, so does she turn them all down? I mean, I know she likes to write her own stuff, and probably wouldn't accept to be on a song that she didn't create (or at least wasn't involved in creating). But if some artist offers her to write a song together why would she decline (assuming she likes the artist, the concept etc.)? 

Defmix100

I think it depends on the person, like she took the Wale - Chillin feature because she wanted to work with Mark Ronson. But I also think that it was because she wouldn't have had a hand in crafting the production sound, at least before Chromatica where she's now just left the songs up to the producers

Chesescake

1. Maybe she changed her mind, there's a lot of time she put down old idea because new idea or new feeling pop up.

2. She's a selective bitch.

Cello

I think it's mainly because she likes to have creative control which I completely applaud her for. If she were to be a feature, it would probably have to be with an artist that she has great admiration for. 

she/her 👹🖤 | 🚫Tabloid Junkie🎶

TimisaMonster

She does duets but is SOOO controlling about having it HER way (Cher The Greatest, Kendrick Lamar Partynauseous, etc) she can't compromise and ends up scrapping them...

She is a solo artist and likes to show her vision and collating is tricky when it comes to music. I think that's why she shaded herself saying when making Chromatica she had to check her ego and let people share their visions as well and contribute more than she is used to. 

Gaga is the complete OPPOSITE of someone like Nicki Minaj but nowadays collabs have become so "standard and arranged" it doesn't feel special or like a genuine connection 

It's simply used as a way to get more streams and views by combining two or more big name artists on one song...

Stream my new single, 💜"Heartbeat"💜, on Spotify!

FfFfFfFF

She is very independent and stubborn in her vision which is a thing I actually like about her. She wants the songs she puts out to be the message she wants to express.

yes and
18 minutes ago, FfFfFfFF said:

She is very independent and stubborn in her vision which is a thing I actually like about her. She wants the songs she puts out to be the message she wants to express.

I want your whiskey mouth all over my blonde south :bear: I touch myself to pass the time :bear: Funk me downtown :bear:

Did you think I'd show up in a limousine? No

FfFfFfFF
3 minutes ago, Sour Candy said:

I want your whiskey mouth all over my blonde south :bear: I touch myself to pass the time :bear: Funk me downtown :bear:

I am sure you want to somehow make my point look bad but this is in part what I'm trying to say. :bear:

yes and
2 minutes ago, FfFfFfFF said:

I am sure you want to somehow make my point look bad but this is actually what I'm trying to say. Thanks. <3 

I understood what you meant. But you shouldn't generalize. My point is that there is no problem to be a feature artist on some catchy not deep song, because she puts such songs out on her every album.

Did you think I'd show up in a limousine? No

FfFfFfFF
Just now, Sour Candy said:

I understood what you meant. But you shouldn't generalize. My point is that there is no problem to be a feature artist on some catchy not deep song, because she puts such songs out on her every album.

Generalize what? A generalization is saying a group of people all do a certain thing. 

But yes, sometimes features can be shallow and surface level if the artists don't have something in common or something artistic to do. You may enjoy them yourself but this doesn't mean everybody should praise and look forward to them.

FFXIV WhiteMage

She is not just a singer that gets invited to sing a song. She an artists that creates her own music and established herself on that notion. Hence it will be difficult to be just a feature on someone else. 

Better Day
25 minutes ago, Sour Candy said:

Those songs convey the song meaning :toofunny: Just because they are sexual doesn’t mean she isn’t conveying her vision because those songs convey the sexual feeling within those songs 

Together You And I!

IllusionLover

She's just too big and Triconic to be a featured artist :vegas:

13 | this is my dancefloor i fought for, your voice is louder, it echoes

I actually love that she was on Lukas Nelson's and Brian Newman's albums rather than lending her voice to some other  artist that everybody collabs with just because they're popular at the moment.

OMonster

She doesn't want to make music that exists solely for commercial purposes, which, aside from a few exceptions, is what collaborations usually are. 

It's ironic, though, because she's clearly happy to do that on her terms... I mean, the BlackPink collab was an absolute cash-grab... nothing more, nothing less.

I'd even say the Ariana feature (while great) was about wanting more streams.

subtext / fantasy

Archived