đź’™ HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT đź’š

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Will you be watching the Grammys after The Weeknd snub?

Kimmo

The Weeknd got snubbed   

137 members have voted

1. 1. Are you watching gheys?

• No, enough is enough
    • Yes, I don’t care
    • My fav got nominated so I’m watching

Featured Posts

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes I will be, because several artists I like are nominated and because they still are the most prestigious awards in music (you could argue they are losing relevance, and it's true that their viewership numbers have been plummeting, but for right now...)

I am not a personal fan of the Weeknd, and I don't go out of my way to listen to anything of his, but I was surprised to see him locked out of the Pop and general field categories. With that said, the Academy cannot nominate everyone and even though some, ahem Jhene Aiko, choices, ahem Coldplay, were made, I don't think Abel's shady tweet was appropriate and it certainly wasn't very classy. Gaga was snubbed in the general field too but she's kept quiet about it. 

The Weeknd is far from the first artist deserving or perceived to be deserving of a nomination to miss one, and it is inevitable that the Grammys will snub some big names every year. 

I agree that the nominees for album of the year are not especially reflective of the general public's music consumption over the past 12 months, and I certainly question whether or not Women in Music Pt. III (one of the few albums nominated anywhere that I've listened to in full) is really in contention for album of the year, the nominations are what they are. 

Don't Call Me Gaga

33 minutes ago, weed said:

Idk, the whole layout will be different from COVID so maybe because of that I will. I hope they find a way to shorten it bc I’m sick of these 3hr+ award shows tbh lol

32 minutes ago, xoxo Craig said:

1 hour of show, 2 hours of commercials... that has to go :billie:

This show has too many categories. Genre-specific awards, with the exception of a random one here and there (Rap/Sung, or Pop Solo, or Rock Album) are relegated to the pre-show and it's very annoying. 

Forget renaming categories, the Academy should be looking at ways to gradually eliminate some, starting, quite frankly, with the Latin field seeing as though the LATIN GRAMMY AWARDS exist

Don't Call Me Gaga

LateToCult
Just now, JRCF29 said:

What

Saying Ga was snubbed in the general field is kind of a reach. 2 noms in the pop field is very fair. 

Born This Way

I'll watch just cuz my parents would think it's weird if I didn't because I always watch it. I'd rather not since they snubbed FKA Twigs.

Reset my mind's IP, delete what I don't need

MelbHawker

I’ll watch all the Gaga/Dua relevant bits online, but Im not watching a show that recognizes excellence in Bieber but not in Abel this year. Grammys can f*ck right off. 

& Bieber just tried to criticize the Grammys for nominating him in Pop, instead of R&B. When his own team submitted it in the Pop categories. Excellence my ass. 

Pop Music

Yes I will be watching 

It is not in any way I don't care about Abels snub because I think it was absolutely disgusting of the academy and he should have been given a fair chance 

however as a pop culture and music stan I never miss a Grammy's (regardless of who's nominated) and Gaga, Tay and Dua are nominated so I have some stuff to look forward go 

Gaga đź’ťTaylor đź’ťCarly Rae đź’ťRina đź’ťMARINA đź’ťBritneyđź’ťLights đź’ťShania đź’ťSigridđź’ť

44 minutes ago, xoxo Craig said:

If Gaga, Katy, or Ariana are performing, I'll catch the performance on YouTube. But other than that? Nah you can forget it

Same.  And same artists, actually.  But I won't give the Grammys my "view" but will watch some performances people post later on YouTube.

I live outside the space time continuum.

Serial Chiller

Pretty sure Gaga won’t perform so definitely no reason to. 

N E ways congrats to Beyonce and Taylor :poot:

thatfoxyfeeling

Nah not after that bit of a joke the fact Gaga only got 2 noms as well. You got to lick their ring or give them $$$ to get noms it seems

No I most certainly will not. I also feel like this will cause Gaga to not support the show or attend, she DID recently mention supporting and recognizing the music of POC, so I feel like she will show solidarity and not attend, advertise or support, honoring this blatant snub and regards to their ridiculous excuse that they sent to press earlier. How could she not?!

The future's uncertain and the end is always near.

Archived