celeb

The Weeknd calls out the Grammys

monsterdino

Featured Posts

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply
youandi

People talking about ego and how this was a bad move for him, I don’t get it, explain it to me please 

this isn’t a ‘woe is me why won’t you pick me’ kind of thing. To have the biggest song of the year, a hugely acclaimed album and era, basically being the biggest artist of the year and to not receive a single nom when the Grammy’s have been questionable for a long time anyway and unashamed about how they’ve they’ve been - see their comment about women needing to ‘step up’ or whatever recently 

Artists have a right to at least question a system that’s influences how a lot of music is seen. Like others have said, it’s probably time for the Grammys to stop if they aren’t willing to do better and stop being racist, sexist etc 

berlinforme
11 minutes ago, youandi said:

People talking about ego and how this was a bad move for him, I don’t get it, explain it to me please 

this isn’t a ‘woe is me why won’t you pick me’ kind of thing. To have the biggest song of the year, a hugely acclaimed album and era, basically being the biggest artist of the year and to not receive a single nom when the Grammy’s have been questionable for a long time anyway and unashamed about how they’ve they’ve been - see their comment about women needing to ‘step up’ or whatever recently 

Artists have a right to at least question a system that’s influences how a lot of music is seen. Like others have said, it’s probably time for the Grammys to stop if they aren’t willing to do better and stop being racist, sexist etc 

Also how is this supposed to be a bad move? This was arguably his biggest album yet, if they don't nominate him for this, what should the consequence for his next album be? Not being nominated? He can't really make their bias against him any worse by speaking out. The Grammys are ridiculous at this point. 

Teletubby
11 hours ago, pedrohemg said:

When you give Beyoncé 10 nominations for doing nothing, yeah, they're actually corrupt.

she probably promised Grammy performance :haroon:

I had a hole in the pocket of my favourite coat And my love for @Juanlittlem dropped into the lining

Regina George
25 minutes ago, youandi said:

Being outraged at this and saying “you owe me” sends the exact bad message to other artists. It tells them that even if you have huge song and recognition it means nothing if you don’t get a grammy and that is wrong. He is doing exactly what he’s not supposed to be doing and that is giving more recognition and more value to that irrelevant award. How are you not getting this? He should have been like “I don’t care about Grammy’s I still have the biggest song of the year and Grammy’s won’t change that” not that “You owe me” ****. They don’t owe him nothing because he is above that. 

People that be like „I‘m above the Grammy‘s, they are a fake **** show anyway“ acting all surprised and pissed when they don’t get a nomination make me cringe :air:

whoresup

I totally agree with what he said and it is a shocking snub, they messed up big time. 

But it comes off slightly arrogant for him to just expect that he would be nominated. 

What The Weeknd wrote: The Grammys owe me transparency

What people in this thread read: The Grammys owe me Grammys

If you see me posting like crazy, I'm either bored or procrastinating.

5 minutes ago, Red said:

What The Weeknd wrote: The Grammys owe me transparency

What people in this thread read: The Grammys owe me Grammys

What is the „transparency“ about, do you know?

What is so bizarre about this, is that some artists in the past got nominations and at the end they didn't win, others got a few nominations but not the major fields...but he got 0, zero, nada lol. He could be only nominated for Blinding Lights and not the album or vice versa. And he got the critical approval and was largely appreciate by people in general too, the song Blinding Lights was, still is massively appreciated.

It's really bizarre!

Pharamon

funny how Beyonce bashed Grammys left and right in her songs and whatever and they still eat her up like she's some kind of god, gets 9 nominations (i still have no idea how any of them are deserving but payola i guess)...meanwhile Abel has been working his ass off this year and he gets completely snubbed and ignored.

edengowon
3 hours ago, whoresup said:

I totally agree with what he said and it is a shocking snub, they messed up big time. 

But it comes off slightly arrogant for him to just expect that he would be nominated. 

what? expecting to be recognised for producing one of the best received and most popular albums of the year, as well as your potential magnum opus is arrogant?

the artist formerly known as melancholia

whoresup
48 minutes ago, Autumn said:

what? expecting to be recognised for producing one of the best received and most popular albums of the year, as well as your potential magnum opus is arrogant?

But there are many albums released that are popular and well received that don’t get nominated. Why does he think that he is any different? 

Yes he seemed more likely to get noms because his song was huge but ultimately a Grammy nomination is an honour and not something anyone should just expect. 

Archived