Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Gaga knew she would get snubbed for some Grammys?

Blastertoyo

Featured Posts

rasclautmangos

Well she got 2 or 3 last year, didn't show up, and basically paid them dust lol

I'm sure she cares somewhat, but not a whole lot about the Grammys 

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply
nodandsmile

I don't think that'll be her focus next year, she got (2?) movies to shoot and I'd rather her focus on that than that fraudulent award show!

AlexanderMagno

What snub?

She got Pop Duo and Pop Vocal Album. What else could she realistically expect? There was no snub.

Sure, Album of the Year would sound very nice, but that was a fanbase's wish. Chromatica was probably on the same level as Fine Line and Future Nostalgia - good albums that would deserve a nomination but very dependent on other possible nominees. Folklore and After Hours are by far the only albums that would realistically be expected to get a nomination. Fetch the Bolt Cutters was also expected to get it, but it belongs to that "alternative albums who are expected to get a nomination but you never know which one will get it".

I mean... Seriously, after The Weeknd, saying Gaga was "snubbed" is insulting.

Guest SetMeFree

I am honestly looking forward to her next films! She already has more Grammy's than most other female artists, ever. I'm waiting for that Best Actress nom at the Oscars! 

I mean, look at Cher, Celine, Elton, Madonna, all the legends, they don't give a sh-t anymore about the Grammy's.

Je ne parle pas français but I can padam if you like

24 minutes ago, Blastertoyo said:

Ok year me out...

is it possible Gaga heard somewhere through the grapevine that she wouldn’t be nominated for that many Grammys and saved all her singles and promo for next year? 

Sine From Above sounds a total Grammys song especially with the acoustic version, maybe that’s why she didn’t formally release it yet so she could have another Joanne (Piano Version) chance. It could snatch Pop duo for sure. 

911 was definitely Gaga’s final push to get nominated this year but the timing of it is especially strategic to me because anything or any singles she releases now will have the chance to win next year, much like she did for ASIB and Joanne 

Her team submitted literally in every category and only got two noms

Chromatica is dead already, imagine releasing a acoustic version of a song only to submit it next year 🤡

She not promoting because of the "snub" makes no sense since she was not promoting even before the voting period 

툭 까보면 어김없이 소리질러와

LilyLark
8 minutes ago, Enzo said:

Her team submitted literally in every category and only got two noms

Chromatica is dead already, imagine releasing a acoustic version of a song only to submit it next year 🤡

She not promoting because of the "snub" makes no sense since she was not promoting even before the voting period 

Also, Chromatica still ended up being one of the best selling albums of the year. How much longer do fans want her to drag it out? She did do 3 MV, a medley performance, and some basic promos/interviews. Gag went the Ari/Taylor/Bey route for promos this time.

*She didn't push for the Grammys since she hasn't for a few years now...and honestly I would not view what happened to Gaga as a "snub" in light of how The Weeknd & Fiona (best reviewed album of the year) got zero noms/no AOTY nom/etc.

Blastertoyo
43 minutes ago, DoremonLove said:

I dont think it was for grammys it was a cute video to end the era.:saira:

Well in this case I’d love a cute sour candy music video to end the Chromatica era 

please enlighten me to death

DoremonLove
26 minutes ago, Blastertoyo said:

Well in this case I’d love a cute sour candy music video to end the Chromatica era 

Me too pls. Give it to me now:cryga: 

How can anoyone not love gaga

To me, Chromatica is that project she threw on the wall to see what sticks. Which is a shame, because I LOVE LOVE LOVE this album! I’ve mentioned before, I understand the limitations due to the pandemic and far more important events that happened this year... however promoting this album felt like a daunting task for the team! Haus Labs got more promotion than the album. They can’t even get the shipments of the merchandise right. 😑

Blastertoyo
4 minutes ago, itschino1 said:

To me, Chromatica is that project she threw on the wall to see what sticks.
😑

Except at the same time it’s her opening up about her struggles with mental health soooo 

you saying this makes it sound like just a fun experiment while simultaneously being supposedly her most motivated and honest piece of work.. 

make it make sense 

please enlighten me to death

Kadikaado

So, Chromatica is Gaga's Bionic/Blackout the album fans love and no one else gives a **** about it.

I am authistic, so don't be offended if I make a mess sometimes.

ShayCristoforo
7 minutes ago, Kadikaado said:

So, Chromatica is Gaga's Bionic/Blackout the album fans love and no one else gives a **** about it.

I hate how right you are

There's probably still lots of people who think her latest single is Born This Way 

Get the pinot ready, because it's turtle time.

Archived