đź’“ DAWN OF CHROMATICA đź’“

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Bieber to Grammys: Changes is an r&b album

BUtterfield 8

Featured Posts

Defmix100
20 minutes ago, Justin Drew Bieber said:

He said he set out to make an R&B album, and that he felt it should have been nominated in the R&B category, because that’s what Changes is, and that he’s grateful for the noms he got. That isn’t complaining, you’re the one who wants drama over nothing, considering your thread title, well 🤷🏻‍♂️

but if it was his team or label who submitted him as pop then he should be saying this to them not the Grammys

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply
TimisaMonster
44 minutes ago, Bradley said:

I love you Timisa, but this is not it.

You are not judging what you hear, you are judging the artist you see. And because you see Justin as a pop artist, you refuse to acknowldege the sounds of R&B.

Are you gonna say After Hours is R&B because The Weeknd is black and had made R&B in the past?

Are you gonna say Cheek to Cheek is EDM because 'Dear Gaga you are a pop artist first and foremost one jazz album does not make u be seen as a jazz artist. Hence,Cheek to Cheek should be placed under Best Dance Recording."

I am actually judging both...time and time again Justin carries this attitude with him but as another member mentioned...why did your team submit you for pop categories if you wanted to be submitted as R&B? 

Scooter ****ing up again as a manager? He thinks he will have a better chance in pop categories or he clearly doesn't think the way Justin does and also there's a miscommunication somewhere because your team does things behind your back and then you get mad at the Grammys? Whine to your team...some people like the Weekend didn't even get nominated...

I'm sure he knows what happened to Abel as well so to do THIS is so tone deaf...

Stream my new single, đź’ś"Heartbeat"đź’ś, on Spotify!

Bradley
10 minutes ago, TimisaMonster said:

I am actually judging both...time and time again Justin carries this attitude with him but as another member mentioned...why did your team submit you for pop categories if you wanted to be submitted as R&B? 

Scooter ****ing up again as a manager? He thinks he will have a better chance in pop categories or he clearly doesn't think the way Justin does and also there's a miscommunication somewhere because your team does things behind your back and then you get mad at the Grammys? Whine to your team...some people like the Weekend didn't even get nominated...

I'm sure he knows what happened to Abel as well so to do THIS is so tone deaf...

The latest Billboard article addressing The Weeknd controversy said they moved The Weeknd's submission from Progressive R&B to pop. So we cannot be 100% sure Justin did not submit under R&B. He could have done so, and got moved to Pop.

And to address another point, you were supposed to look at the album itself, not the artist. Justin is not whining, he's presenting an argument respectfully and politely. I'm not even his fan but I'm really upset at this cancel culture we're practising. We cancel people through a distortion of their words and intentions.

Serial Chiller
1 minute ago, Bradley said:

So we cannot be 100% sure Justin did not submit under R&B. He could have done so, and got moved to Pop.

24 minutes ago, Justin Drew Bieber said:

i-

Bradley
3 minutes ago, Serial Chiller said:

i-

Okay then Justin should've first approached his label rather than addressing the public. But still, the Grammys had the authority to move his album to R&B, just like how they moved After Hours from R&B to pop.

But in that regard, I do agree his label and himself needed communication. Still, the Internet's fury at him is unwarranted. Using words like 'pissed off' 'complains' is just inaccurate to reflect his respectful and convincing argument, that his album is indeed, R&B.

TimisaMonster
1 minute ago, Bradley said:

The latest Billboard article addressing The Weeknd controversy said they moved The Weeknd's submission from Progressive R&B to pop. So we cannot be 100% sure Justin did not submit under R&B. He could have done so, and got moved to Pop.

And to address another point, you were supposed to look at the album itself, not the artist. Justin is not whining, he's presenting an argument respectfully and politely. I'm not even his fan but I'm really upset at this cancel culture we're practising. We cancel people through a distortion of their words and intentions.

But as the tweet above shows...his team submitted to pop categories...soooo again he is barking up the wrong tree :bear:

Nobody is "canceling" Justin...again this shows negligence on his TEAMS side...not the Grammys. He should have had this statement or conversation with his team/Scooter...maybe Justin did but Scooter said nah...and submitted to pop anyways. 

The point here is Grammys has nothing to do with his teams mistake and he stuck his yummy foot in his mouth about something his team ****ed up on. And again...He got noms when other artists didn't get ANY so whether you like it or not...it wasn't the time to be complaining about your noms in the wrong category lol. Talk to your team...the Grammys are taking heat for more important reasons and THAT deserves attention. 

Stream my new single, đź’ś"Heartbeat"đź’ś, on Spotify!

djBuffoon

Oh for the love of-....

The fact that his career has lasted this long is baffling to me. He lacks talent, charisma, or even humility. Idgi :shrug:

Anderson123

Mess, he didn’t even contact his team before posting that rant and now looks like a clown. But he does have a point about those genres which is something many artists have been trying to say for years. The Grammys created the “Urban Contemporary” award which might as well have been called Black Pop music. 

RenegAde

The only thing that is more annoying  than Justin's attitude to his nominations  is the length that some people are going just to excuse it 

Archived