💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
music news

The Weeknd SNUBBED With Zero Nominations for 2021 Grammys

Crescent Bloom

Featured Posts

StrawberryBlond

This snub will unquestionably go down in history. There is absolutely no reason for it. The academy had no problems nominating and awarding his last 2 albums. Beauty Behind The Madness got a ton of nominations, in fact and Starboy won in its respective category. If you liked those albums, you'll like After Hours. It was well received critically and commercially. Makes you wonder if someone paid off someone high up to keep him away from the competition in case he was going to sweep. Everyone knows the academy love 80's influenced music and Blinding Lights at the very least, provided that, so its omission in particular suggests there was a deliberate oversight for reasons we can only speculate on. I'm not even the biggest fan of BL and am baffled as to its longevity but it isn't what I think that matters here, it's what the academy thinks and they would ordinarily go crazy for this song. If you're going to snub, make it make sense.

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Justin Drew Bieber
22 minutes ago, Curunir said:

Maybe in Pop Vocal? :triggered:

These are the nominations:

Fine Line – Harry Styles

Folklore – Taylor Swift

Chromatica – Lady Gaga

Future Nostalgia – Dua Lipa

Changes – Justin Bieber

Do you really think Chromatica OF ALL ALBUMS stole his place?

The Grammys are absolute trash.

1-BA40957-0820-4-A84-AD18-74-D23-FA65-DD

Cameltoe Chariot

I just read somewhere that there is a blackout period for artists that do the Super Bowl, where they can't perform on TV in the lead up to the show. The Grammys are on January 31st, and the Super Bowl is February 7th - there's probably a huge chance that The Weeknd couldn't/wouldn't perform on the Grammys, and that resulted in no nominations for him.

A similar thing happened to Ari when she was snubbed nominations in the past after refusing to perform the songs they wanted from her for the show.

:oprah:

holy scheisse
4 minutes ago, Suuus said:

I have a feeling that the grammys are gunna get alot of backlash this time

I checked out their instagram, and quite literally the first 100 comments on one of the posts was about the weeknd lol

Just now, holy scheisse said:

I checked out their instagram, and quite literally the first 100 comments on one of the posts was about the weeknd lol

The grammys are a joke at this point 

JusKeepBreathin
32 minutes ago, Curunir said:

Fine Line – Harry Styles

Folklore – Taylor Swift

Chromatica – Lady Gaga

Changes – Justin Bieber

The whitest list of nominees ever. I really hope Gaga doesn't win at this point. Not because she doesn't deserve it but because The Grammys are problematic. 

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -Martin Luther King Jr.

Jose P
41 minutes ago, Curunir said:

Fine Line – Harry Styles

Folklore – Taylor Swift

Chromatica – Lady Gaga

Changes – Justin Bieber

Oh I don’t mean Chromatica stole AH’s place at all in that category lol. I was just saying if the OP thought Gaga stole The Weeknd’s spots it would have been only on that category bc he couldn’t have gotten nominated on the other category she’s in, Pop Duo. But of course I do believe if any album stole anyone’s spot in there it’s Changes. Like, that album was actually trashed by critics. I really don’t get it.

This is crazy. It’s so weird that Beyonce got so many nominations, while this song- the best song to come out in a year got nothing. Beyoncé’s album wasn’t even that culturally relevant. 

zakariah

absolutely RIDICULOUS.

literally no idea how this could have happened, like is the voting system fked up or has he done something that upset the voters (his peers)

as for beyonce, i would never play the 'she's overrated' card, but in this case she 100% is. sure, black parade has a great message and all but no one talked about it after like a month

Curunir
14 minutes ago, JusKeepBreathin said:

The whitest list of nominees ever. I really hope Gaga doesn't win at this point. Not because she doesn't deserve it but because The Grammys are problematic. 

I wouldn't go as far as to say "I hope Gaga doesn't win" but I kinda see your point.

Imagine being honored by awards that have those nominations chosen as "excellence". Yeah, there's great albums that are nominated but even a broken clock is right twice a day. The Grammys have been broken for years.

Jollibee

Grammys is getting worse and worse every year with the nominations. 

BL is the biggest song released this voting period but they snubbed it. I wouldn't mind them snubbing AH for AOTY but snubbing BL is a total bullsh*t.

thatfoxyfeeling

The fact Justin Bieber got nominated over The Weekend though, Abel did not deserve this at all he has SERVED this era. THE VISUALS, THE CONCEPT, THE MUSIC whattttt :fthis:

Archived