Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
music news

Beyonce is the most nominated artist at this year’s GRAMMYs

Teletubby

Featured Posts

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Total BS. The Weeknd deserved to have most nominations. Then again janelle monae didn’t get anything when she was up for a fantastic album

Teletubby
13 minutes ago, GLK said:

IMO Black Parade is the worst song on Black is King. 

But the rest of songs was released in 2019 and probably only Black Parade that was released in 2020 could be submitted for Grammys. 

I had a hole in the pocket of my favourite coat And my love for @Juanlittlem dropped into the lining

Joaco95
1 hour ago, StrawberryBlond said:

I was talking about her side projects getting praise that others artists don't for their side projects. Morning Phase was Beck's studio album and there's always a lower selling album that ends up winning at the Grammys and is there for artistic merit if nothing else. But you don't see an artist's individual songs get overly nominated when they haven't made any major breakthroughs. We all know that if someone had released a song that performed like Black Parade (barely scraped top 40, no music video, 10 million views and 183k likes on YouTube in 5 months, no one's talking about it), they wouldn't have got any nominations for it.

So, just successful song are allowed to be nominated?

StrawberryBlond
18 hours ago, Joaco95 said:

So, just successful song are allowed to be nominated?

When you're a major name, a good 95% of the time, it's just your major hits that get nominated. Just ask Katy Perry, whose only nominations are for her #1's, bar one song (which still went to #3). Joanne is the only non-hit of Gaga's to get nominated. Same is true for Rihanna, Ed, JB, all those other big names. Nominating non-hits is only a frequent thing if you're an artist on the fringes of the industry like Fiona Apple, Lucinda Williams, Jhene Aiko, people like that. If non-hits are all you've got, of course they'll be nominated. But it's like being a big name means you waive the right to the small stuff, only the big stuff will fly. You'll notice Beyonce's frequently been nominated over the years for songs that weren't hits in any way (The Closer I Get To You, Dangerously In Love 2, So Amazing, Once In A Lifetime, Party, Love On Top, Part II On The Run, Family Feud, Apes**t, Summer, Spirit) and even won for some of them. True, some artists can make little-known singles that are actually better than their major hits but the fact is that those lesser successes just don't get the recognition when it comes to awards season...except Beyonce. I don't mind that happening but if it happens for her, it should happen for everyone.

Archived