Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

My interpretation of Gaga's silence

Bradley

Featured Posts

Bradley

First of all, I'm not really bothered by it. Do I wish she had more performances for Chromatica? Absolutely. But am I affected so as to being psychologically disturbed by her lack of promotion? Nope.

I think that most artists are working tirelessly on their work, hence we're able to see all the releases and performances done by other artists. I find it difficult to believe that Gaga wakes up everyday watching TV, eating pasta and doing nothing. Obviously, she has to do something right? She's still gonna work on her career, just like how the rest of the world does. So why the lack of releases then?

Have you guys considered the fact that she has not one, but two upcoming movie releases? She's slated to shoot Gucci in next March, and we all could see how intense the preparation for A Star Is Born was. Let's remember the fact that she's portraying a nonfictional event this time around. She's portraying a real human being whose life was publicised extensively in the past. She has to get the details right. She has to collaborate with Ridley and the writers without meeting them. On top of that? Bullet Train. She's reading and preparing for not one but TWO scripts.

BabylonHooker also hinted at a jazz record, and Tony has revealed multiple times that he has been recording with her. Gaga herself said she was recording a Cole Porter song during Chromatica sessions and Bloodpop had to get her back to the studio to work on Chromatica.

Now you're gonna say "Even if she was doing all those things, can't she do some Chromatica-related things in between?"

As someone who juggles between several things at once in my life, which I believe many of you do, how tiring it is to work on different things simultaneously? Psychologically we have to switch between different headspaces. She's in an industry where research is required, and the payoff of her work is not measured by completion of a significant quantity but quality. This is extremely challenging and tiring to accomplish. The fact that Bradley Cooper started working on A Star Is Born in 2015 should give you an idea of how time-consuming movie-making is. Some people, like me, just prefer to focus on one thing, or at least not too many things, at once. The Covid situation also made meeting with crew members more time-consuming and difficult, so if she's spending her days and nights studying a script and researching, is it really fair for us to assuming she's doing absolutely nothing? If you look at it, Gaga is one of the most prolific artists we have. She's not your typical singer that churns out singles that get forgotten in a few months, she makes materials that resonate with people for a long time and which get talked about over and over again. Chromatica, just like ARTPOP, is still gonna be talked about in 5 years. So is the Gucci film. So is A Star Is Born. So are her jazz endeavours.

Artists like The Weeknd, Dua Lipa and Miley Cyrus are not collaborating with an Oscar-winning director. We're not gonna see them at the 2021 Oscars. They're not gonna be considered for Best Actor or Actress. Lady Gaga is. She is not your icon, she is a tricon. And being a tricon takes time.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Every time someone complains about "her lack of energy" I have flashbacks of her dying in pain while we were complaining she only promoted Perfect Illusion through radio interviews 

If you see me posting like crazy, I'm either bored or procrastinating.

Taylucifer

you forget to mention the ever successful and beloved makeup brand, Haus Labs:vegas:

1989 (TV) is out NOW

Regina George
9 minutes ago, Bradley said:

Artists like The Weeknd, Dua Lipa and Miley Cyrus are not collaborating with an Oscar-winning director. We're not gonna see them at the 2021 Oscars. They're not gonna be considered for Best Actor or Actress. Lady Gaga is. She is not your icon, she is a tricon. And being a tricon takes time.

Okay but why not just do one thing at the time like the artists you mentioned are doing? Isn't that the only way where you can do justice to those projects? Why release an album and then accept two movies to film months after? Doesn't make any sense. 

Bradley
Just now, Regina George said:

Okay but why not just do one thing at the time like the artists you mentioned are doing? Isn't that the only way where you can do justice to those projects? Why release an album and then accept two movies to film months after? Doesn't make any sense. 

Because the era was supposed to be complete by September at the conclusion of the Chromatica Ball. It was supposed to be released on April 10. And because her schedule did not anticipate George Floyd's death.

By this time, her original schedule was supposed to have done justice to Chromatica. Her deadlines for shooting Gucci are approaching, and it's not gonna get pushed back.

Regina George
1 minute ago, Bradley said:

Because the era was supposed to be complete by September at the conclusion of the Chromatica Ball. It was supposed to be released on April 10. And because her schedule did not anticipate George Floyd's death.

By this time, her original schedule was supposed to have done justice to Chromatica. Her deadlines for shooting Gucci are approaching, and it's not gonna get pushed back.

Okay but taking that in consideration she had time till September to do some promo.. She didn't really do any of it instead of VMAs... The only reason she didn't do that is because she didn't want to and that is okay. 

I just want to say that she clearly didn't want to do any promo for whatever reason and that's it. There's no some conspiracy or whatever behind that. 

RenegAde

Cant stand the fact that you all drag her former team for overworking her and turning her  into a money making machine meanwhile yall are doing the same thing , pushing her to overwork herself and using her as a source of your own personal gratification.

The only difference here is that you all dont have the contractual power to make her do stuff  ,im sure you all would  be for forcing het to work too just to satisfy your boredom

Bradley
1 minute ago, Regina George said:

Okay but taking that in consideration she had time till September to do some promo.. She didn't really do any of it instead of VMAs... The only reason she didn't do that is because she didn't want to and that is okay. 

I just want to say that she clearly didn't want to do any promo for whatever reason and that's it. There's no some conspiracy or whatever behind that. 

Well yes maybe she hadn't started preparing for the movies back then before September. But that was also the height of the Black Lives Matter movement though. She was criticised for revealing her intention to hold a Chromatica listening party, and duly cancelled it. Then we know The Chainsmokers' audience didn't follow social distancing measures, which cancelled yet another Rain On Me performance. The political climate at that time perhaps didn't feel right for Gaga.

I cannot presume to say that it was completely impossible to perform, but at least right now, it seems like she needs to start working on her character portrayal already.

RenegAde

Oh and i also want music and performances but acting silly on twitter and dragging her and friends in the name being "opinionated" is not cute . Neither is complaining 24/7 on this site

Regina George
1 minute ago, Bradley said:

but at least right now, it seems like she needs to start working on her character portrayal already.

I totally agree with this.. What's done is done she should move on to other projects now honestly 

I strongly don think she is the entertainer but a belief to myself and I feel really alright to see her doing the things in her own interest. I am just not bothered by promotion or not :oops:

In fact, even she appeared everyday to talk about her album, to have live-stream performance , attending all the events. there are still complaints  :huntyga:

HausOfAntonio
18 minutes ago, Red said:

Every time someone complains about "her lack of energy" I have flashbacks of her dying in pain while we were complaining she only promoted Perfect Illusion through radio interviews 

THANKS. People forget the woman goes through so much pain and agony DAILY :saladga:

Archived