Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
event

GRAMMY nominations announcement livestream

Regina George

Featured Posts

LateToCult

If that rumor about a Dua having the most noms is true then I think The Weeknd is gonna be snubbed in some of the smaller categories. :messga:

• Replies 687
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Regina George
22 minutes ago, LateToCult said:

If that rumor about a Dua having the most noms is true then I think The Weeknd is gonna be snubbed in some of the smaller categories. :messga:

I wish BUT I honestly don't think the rumor is true.. I think no one really knows anything rn 

Justin Drew Bieber

I wonder how monsters would feel about Chromatica IF it got nominated for AND won AOTY :oprah:

Regina George
1 minute ago, Justin Drew Bieber said:

I wonder how monsters would feel about Chromatica IF it got nominated for AND won AOTY :oprah:

Would probably call it the album of the century and her  best album ever made.. So predictable at this point 

Tinnitus15

The weeknd or dua are definitely getting ROTY with blinding lights and don’t start now,but my bet is for blinding lights

Babylon98

I would be content with 2 nominations. If she wins Dance Recording that's good enough for me. She already has a lot of Grammys anyway and this era an effort wasn't made so it would feel unfair for other artists (such as Dua) who promoted and pushed their art to be snubbed in favour of Gaga.

However what Gaga has in her favour is the singer-songwriter quality to her dance-pop album and the fact that it's primarily about mental health issues, unlike Dua f.i. who basically only has cliché lyrics and tries to act woke on boys will be boys but just sounds like a tumblr post from 5 years ago. 

Tinnitus15
Just now, zcasx said:

I would be content with 2 nominations. If she wins Dance Recording that's good enough for me. She already has a lot of Grammys anyway and this era an effort wasn't made so it would feel unfair for other artists (such as Dua) who promoted and pushed their art to be snubbed in favour of Gaga.

However what Gaga has in her favour is the singer-songwriter quality to her dance-pop album and the fact that it's primarily about mental health issues, unlike Dua f.i. who basically only has cliché lyrics and tries to act woke on boys will be boys but just sounds like a tumblr post from 5 years ago. 

She has many Grammies,but not a single one in a major category like AOTY or ROTY

Babylon98
5 minutes ago, Tinnitus15 said:

She has many Grammies,but not a single one in a major category like AOTY or ROTY

Yeah but I really don't think Chromatica or ROM are gonna be the one getting it. It didn't feel like a AOTY (or ROTY), they take into consideration critical acclaim and consumption and it was aclaimed but not immensily (like Future Nostalgia of Folklore), and it was commercial successful in the first weeks but then fell off pretty quickly due to 0 promotion. There was no campaign, very little was done for the album. I would be very surprised if they decide this is the time to nominated LG in the major fields. Happily surprised.  

Justin Drew Bieber
2 minutes ago, zcasx said:

Yeah but I really don't think Chromatica or ROM are gonna be the one getting it. It didn't feel like a AOTY (or ROTY), they take into consideration critical acclaim and consumption and it was aclaimed but not immensily (like Future Nostalgia of Folklore), and it was commercial successful in the first weeks but then fell off pretty quickly due to 0 promotion. There was no campaign, very little was done for the album. I would be very surprised if they decide this is the time to nominated LG in the major fields. Happily surprised.  

ASIB wasn’t nominated for AOTY despite having the sales, acclaim, and had Shallow. So what went wrong there? :huh:

Tinnitus15
2 minutes ago, zcasx said:

yeah that’s it...I don’t see Roty for ROM too(if for any chance wins it I will be very happy,but she has a chance with Chromatica..the only award for ROM is the best collaboration in my opinion

Babylon98
Just now, Justin Drew Bieber said:

ASIB wasn’t nominated for AOTY despite having the sales, acclaim, and had Shallow. So what went wrong there? :huh:

Had they promoted Always Remember Us This Way as a single the story could have been different. Cutting eras short doesn't help specially since the album was released in 2018 and nominated in 2020. 

androiduser
2 minutes ago, Justin Drew Bieber said:

it was old news by the time the voting started. It would have been a different story if it had been eligible one year earlier when the album was hot news.

Tinnitus15
2 minutes ago, Justin Drew Bieber said:

only Grammys know..this year with the BLM I think it’ll be a positive review for the gp if the weeknd  get the big categories(and he deserves them)  

Archived