erfaan

Featured Posts

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
JohnnyVersace
8 hours ago, OMonster said:

This. 

The album has some of her best work in a decade yet has been presented so, so poorly. 

So many missed visuals, performance concepts, single treatments - and no, not because of COVID. 

Chromatica, of all albums released in 2020, was THE perfect album for COVID. 

Travelling to another planet... the futuristic, cyber elements.... it literally lends itself to online experiences and concerts. 

But no... nothing! 

So disappointing and it's gotta be the biggest letdown of Gaga's career - releasing a stellar pop album and performing once. 

I understand being disappointed in Chromatica not being the blockbuster marketing rollout Bobby hinted at...

...but how can you even remotely say she's given us nothing?

She may not be performing at every award show and rolling out constant content, but we still got 3 fantastic music videos, arguably the best since ARTPOP, a huge single release w ROM AND the incredible VMA's performance. Plus, the tour is still happening after COVID which will no doubt be over-the-top. 

That's nothing?

When the pandemic hit, Gaga shifted, and realized that people needed help, and money needed to be raised. Our government didn't do **** to help our people, and it took Lady ****ing Gaga to step up to the plate and raise millions thru the telethon. Beyond that, Chromatica was released at the very start of the BLM protests and the brutal police brutality that was literally broadcast live to the nation every night for weeks. She released this album in a time when people were in dire dire need, and instead of coddling the pressed f*gs w wigs and lewks and serves, she helped. She's been helping and healing the world all year, thru the telethon, the BLM advocacy, encouraging everyone to vote, the list goes on and on. 

That's much more important and impactful than "futuristic, cyber elements" and "online experiences." 

Some of y'all need a hobby I stg :what:

ShayCristoforo

A bunch of reasons, although I have enjoyed the content so far.

I really would have loved to hear "Blackpink in ChromaticA"

But I think the idea for "Chromatica" came very late. So maybe "Gaagaa in your areA" lol

Get the pinot ready, because it's turtle time.

ShayCristoforo
9 hours ago, OMonster said:

performing once. 

I give her a break, because I have liked the content so far. 

But... yes, this. The content is so scarce. 

Performing once is just bad. Especially for someone like Gaga lol.  

Get the pinot ready, because it's turtle time.

ProdigyARTPOP

Honestly there’s no excuse,

she’s been silent since 911 came out at the end of September, we could’ve easily gotten a live-streamed performance;

and beyond that this is the one album,

that if she knew she wasn’t going to be able to promote, she could’ve holed herself up in a studio for a month and filmed music videos for each song, release one, once a month to continue fueling the album/album cycle up until tour but 🤷🏻‍♂️

Delulu Rogers
5 hours ago, giskardsb said:

Gaga has a lot going on that she wants to do and not all of it involves pop music.

The problem is when it does involve pop music she neglects and ignores it

Kadikaado
5 hours ago, reversewarhol said:

Sour Candy is overrated 

GIF by Mashable

Free Woman and Alice are the biggest missed opportunities on this album. 

Not at all. Is Sour Candy the best song in the album? NOPE! But it's a song featuring Blackpink and it guarantees views. It's better than Ice Cream for sure, if Ice Cream made 400million views, then Sour Candy could've made 500 million. It could've win more awards and promote the album worldwide, Asia mainly.

Free Woman is weak, sorry, but only a few people care about it. Yes, Alice is a great song and should've been the lead single instead of Stupid Love (weak for radio just like Free Woman).

Babylon is a strong song and Sine From Above as well, lots of fans and casual listeners love Sine From Above. Apart from that 1000 Doves at piano is a great song, it works much better as a ballad and if Gaga releases a finished ballad version it will work, Gaga's ballads with promotion always work: Shallow, Million Reasons, Always Remember Us This Way etc.

I am authistic, so don't be offended if I make a mess sometimes.

Justin Drew Bieber
10 hours ago, Biggest Bitch said:

Remember she doesn’t owe us anything :selena:

Now that mention that owe thing, we need our weekly thread :ally:

Justin Drew Bieber

Sour Candy as a single. It could’ve easily gotten 500M views, because the song came out a few weeks before Pink’s new album, it would’ve had huge hype. 

A great VMA’s performance. You have to admit that the VMA performance we got was... lackluster. The fact that’s it’s also the only performance we have this era doesn’t help. I think that the performance was missing a climax, it was just stiff dancing with too many live instruments. :( 

Not promoting 911 or sending it to radio in the US. From what I’ve seen, it feels like Gaga only likes to promote songs that won’t even make any noise, and the biggest potential hits are ignored.

Rj Barker
Just now, reversewarhol said:

This is what I mean lol. Fans only like it cuz it has blackpink and they just want another hit. Gaga doesn’t need to depend on another act or artist to get another hit :queenga: Free Woman has a powerful meaning and its more intimate and personal. Free Woman was the original title for Chromatica for a reason 

:icega:

I have to agree with you, Free Woman with a good rollout and some live performances both original version and a piano version. Would be phenomenal and do really well.

Kadikaado
6 minutes ago, reversewarhol said:

This is what I mean lol. Fans only like it cuz it has blackpink and they just want another hit. It’s a cute bop, but Sour Candy is only best as a promo single. Gaga doesn’t need to depend on another act or artist to get another hit :queenga: Free Woman has a powerful meaning and more personal. Free Woman was the original title for Chromatica for a reason 

:icega:

Everything Gaga says in Free Woman every woman singer has said before. If we're talking about meaning of songs, then 911 is the most importanton the album because it talks about the importance of getting your pills, taking them correctly, no other pop artist has done that, assholes like Kanye West complain about it. Free Woman was one of the possible titles, but like Gaga said Sine From Above is the heart of the album. It's the healing, she felt healed with this album, it's a cathartic album.

I am authistic, so don't be offended if I make a mess sometimes.

BgRaEgTaT
15 hours ago, Warhol Killer said:

It being a full visual album, a video per song.

EZDakgeWoAkoEnH.jpgEXb7txHWAAMKrXD.jpgcb3135cf9662e4efa7d51c808db9e05d.jpg

Ugh she really had me hyped with all of those. :selena:
The first pic screams Alice to me...

Archived