Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Was CTTR ahead of its time?

xoxo Craig

Featured Posts

It's an amazing song (as amazing as GP-oriented pop can get) and the lyrics are effective and refreshing compared to the constant love/feelings theme going on.

People hate it ust because it's Katy :madge:

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Pop Music

Yes (my fav Katy lead) 

Gaga 💝Taylor 💝Carly Rae 💝Rina 💝MARINA 💝Britney💝Lights 💝Shania 💝Sigrid💝

Luke78619
11 hours ago, Alvaro Moreno Ullrich said:

You mean Crash Tag Team Racing?

I LOVE THIS GAME SM :messga:

OT: hmmm nah, for me I love the instrumental (I remember the teaser with the chained disco ball and thinking that it was gonna smash) but the lyrics and melody are kinda ehhhhh

plus if any song was gonna smash, it’d be NRO which deserved far better :grr:

insta: good_lukeing | I have nothing else to promote

Reject False Icons

Uhmmm i think we all got excited when the teaser previewed a disco sound and image.

We loved it but nobody followed the sound so it didn’t become a trend. 

hoeslay

Yes. One of her best songs of all time. Deserved WAYYY more success. The live performances were super underwhelming though.

VasilisVas

One of the best if not the best lead single from a Katy album. I think the reason I like this song so much is because it was overexposed or overplayed on the radio to the point where it makes you sick like her TD and Prism era music. 

Queen Gloria

Disco has never gone away. It's just gone through varying levels of being seen as cool/acceptable by the general audience. It's always been around by more obscure artists who don't really break into the mainstream charts. Kylie, Daft Punk, Breakbot, Chromeo, Róisín Murphy, Robyn, and various others have all put out disco influenced stuff since around 2000-2001 and even earlier. It's just now becoming socially acceptable to Gen Z so it seems like it's coming out of nowhere. I used to get made fun of in high school (2004-2005) for liking Kylie and Daft Punk, now everyone thinks The Weeknd and Miley are geniuses for inventing 80s sounds. 

PunkTheFunk
13 hours ago, Red said:

Ehm I love CTTR and everything but the disco-retro-70s-80s-ish trend started way before CTTR 

It started in the 70s and 80s I think

TSUNAMI
20 hours ago, Alvaro Moreno Ullrich said:

You mean Crash Tag Team Racing?

I literaly spent 5 min to discover which music from the video they sampled and I mislead myself. 

BornAsUnic0rn
17 hours ago, Indyl said:

i think Bon Appetit is the most "ahead of the curve" song off Witness

Which is sadly why it failed. Because people were unable to see the irony in this song, and they used it against her.

Archived