šŸ’™ HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT šŸ’š

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Was CTTR ahead of its time?

xoxo Craig

Featured Posts

zakariah

yaā€™ll got this all fked up

the disco trend was obviously INVENTED by gaga when she HUMPED that disco ball in the JD mvĀ :enigma:

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, xoxo Craig said:

Uptown funk isn't disco influenced. Its funk (hence uptown funk). There's quite a big disco influence with CTTR

Disco and funk are literally twins, both come from soul music

xoxo Craig
Just now, KEVIN STEVE said:

Disco and funk are literally twins, both come from soul music

Yes, but they aren't the same thing.Ā 

End Racism Now

2 minutes ago, xoxo Craig said:

Yes, but they aren't the same thing.Ā 

I mean, there isn't a distinct difference that makes it a fact, but you're right, globally you can tell

That being said, I just don't hear it much in CTTR. Other songs for Witness sound more disco to me

HausOfAntonio
23 minutes ago, xoxo Craig said:

When was it a thing in 2014? 2012-2014 was the biggest time for EDM

Katy herself literally released Birthday as a single then.... Maroon 5 had Sugar, Bruno had tons of Disco influenced songs, too.Ā 

1 hour ago, Lemondeduerl said:

CTTR is a bop but Katy always been very bubblegum pop so going "woke" felt kinda odd. A lot of people missed the message of the video because it was too colorful andĀ  then she left the album's conceptĀ behind when she released Bon Appetit, Swish Swish and Hey Hey Hey. So maybe yes.

Good points, but I love that it's bright and colorful.Ā  One thing I love about Katy is that she's all about brightness and color, and is perfect for bubblegum pop.Ā  People want her to change, but I don't want her to lose the magic she holds inside to brighten the world. Ā Ā  Katy should remain "Katy".Ā  :heart:

Ā 

1 hour ago, vixdean said:

Disco? In CTTR? Where?

Love the song, but donā€™t see anything Disco about it.

I don't see the Disco either.

I live outside the space time continuum.

Stone S

This song had little to no impact. It was only relevant for a little bit bc it was Katyā€™s comeback single. Period

Welcome to Industria

xoxo Craig
5 minutes ago, Stone S said:

This song had little to no impact. It was only relevant for a little bit bc it was Katyā€™s comeback single. Period

It was literally played everywhere on radio

End Racism Now

Stone S
13 minutes ago, xoxo Craig said:

It was literally played everywhere on radio

It still had little cultural impact. And duh it was her first album single following prism in 2013. It was bound to have radio play and good charting but it really had no longevity

Welcome to Industria

The Fame
1 hour ago, Chromatography said:

it says jesus and sheā€™s had it for a long time.Ā :enigma:

Ā 

I had no idea, thank you.Ā :hug:

27monster27

Guys, disco was actually revived in 2005 with Confessions on a Dancefloor. It is literally where a large majority of critics say that the revival came from.

he/him/his

xoxo Craig
12 minutes ago, 27monster27 said:

Guys, disco was actually revived in 2005 with Confessions on a Dancefloor. It is literally where a large majority of critics say that the revival came from.

I think they are wrong

End Racism Now

Jose P

The way so many other high profile artists did retro sounds way before tho. Bruno Mars, The Weeknd, Madonna, Daft Punk, the list goes on...

Justin Drew Bieber

I mean, this makes more sense than people on YouTube saying God Control started the disco trend. Iā€™m not sure though

Archived