🔴 Limited-edition Red Vinyl 🔴

Sign in to follow this  
politics

Georgia hand recount confirms Biden win

Enigma

But the trumpies on Omegle told me to “wait and see”???????!!!!!??????!?!??! :omg:

• LMAO 1

Lion Heart
2 hours ago, MelbHawker said:

I’m not an expert in the US election process, but what exactly occurs on Dec 14? Surely if all voting results are certified, nothing can change the result. 

US laws are really complicated but basically: when we vote for President, we are technically voting for the electors of our states, who will then vote for the candidate that won the popular vote (usually) in their state. The vote happens on December 14, but first we have to go through any recounts in order to certify the results of that state's election. Once that is clear, if the Democrat won that state, then Democrat electors are chosen to then vote on December 14.

However, because the Electoral College sucks and the US Constitution 'may' allow this, it IS possible for "alternate" slate of electors to be chosen to vote in the Electoral College if that state's Legislature decides to do so. Technically this is supposed to be done on Election Day (Nov 3) but with Trump in the White House, and all of these conservative commentators egging the GOP leaders of their states to override the popular vote and send their GOP electors instead... this causes room for concern. Although this has not happened to my knowledge, it technically is Constitutional. And Georgia is entirely controlled by Republicans, but so far, they don't seem to be signaling that they will override the popular vote and send GOP electors. It is Michigan and Pennsylvania that I'm concerned about. Even though they have Democrat Governors, their Legislatures are run by the GOP, and Trump is meeting with the top Two GOP Legislators of Michigan on Friday... You can see why I'm worried..

• Sad 1

JusKeepBreathin

We did it kids.

FB-IMG-1605882525392.jpg

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -Martin Luther King Jr.
  • LMAO 1
  • YAAAS 1

caulixtla

A thought: This hand recount reduced Biden’s lead by 1,872 votes. That’s a pretty big number, nearly twice as much as I expected things to change from a recount. Keep in mind: Gore lost by 537 votes in one state which gave Bush the election. If Gore got the hand recount he requested, like Trump did, he probably would had won in 2000.

Things should be certified in GA within the next hour or two. Then things will get certified in MI and PA early next week. That will be 279 EVs for Biden, including all of the states Trump isn’t even trying to contest the results of.

“Don’t be unconscious all day on your f***ing phone” — Lady Gaga
  • Shook 1

Gagaism
4 minutes ago, caulixtla said:

A thought: This hand recount reduced Biden’s lead by 1,872 votes. That’s a pretty big number, nearly twice as much as I expected things to change from a recount. Keep in mind: Gore lost by 537 votes in one state which gave Bush the election. If Gore got the hand recount he requested, like Trump did, he probably would had won in 2000.

Things should be certified in GA within the next hour or two. Then things will get certified in MI and PA early next week. That will be 279 EVs for Biden, including all of the states Trump isn’t even trying to contest the results of.

That’s a lot. What do you think it happened to get such discrepancy? Like, I really don’t get it and I’m scared :ohno:

caulixtla
3 minutes ago, Gagaism said:

That’s a lot. What do you think it happened to get such discrepancy? Like, I really don’t get it and I’m scared :ohno:

Floyd county dropped the ball and didn’t count over 2,300 ballots. The guy in charge of elections was fired/resigned because that’s a pretty big error. DeKalb county lost about 700 votes, but since those were mainly Biden votes, and this is Georgia we’re talking about, there wasn’t a scandal.

• Thanks 1

caulixtla
36 minutes ago, Lion Heart said:

Yes, GA is official. Next: MI and PA (early next week).

• Like 1

PartySick
23 hours ago, Snorlax said:

The way Trump keeps losing tenor.gif

The way we get to watch Trump lose again and again and again

tenor.gif

In the last three weeks he's lost-

1. An election

2. 30+ lawsuits

3. His sh*t

:lmao:

I'm dreaming of going somewhere else. Being human.
  • YAAAS 1