đź’™ HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT đź’š

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Anybody who feels this way about Gaga nowadays?

MoonIight

Featured Posts

HotLikeMexico
1 hour ago, HausOfAntonio said:

No they’re not? She’s expressed how deplorable the state she was in during that time is. The way fans act like she’s a robot for their entertainment is despicable. She has said time and time again that back then she was on drugs, depressed, anorexic and bulimic, had suicidal thoughts and panic attacks. She’s only recently got better help and we know that through GFF2 and all of her recent interviews where she talks about mental health. You can see in old footage of her that something was always off. And now she knows that recovery is a never ending road but at least she seems to be in a better place. 

I don't think it's fair to say the entirety of those interviews in her early days of her career were all inauthentic tho. Yeah Gaga has been vocal about her issues she's been struggling with but there is a lot of behind the scenes stuff that we as fans don't know or unaware of as it's her own personal life. However Gaga has said things contradicting and or conflicting things but that's not a fault because we ALL do that to some extent. Regardless of what is going on she need to do what she needs to make herself feel happy and better.

But I will say this. Gaga doesn't owe us anything. No matter what I support her and have an immense amount of respect for her as an artist, as a humanitarian, and a human being. And I don't feel like she's been lacking etc. 

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Borislshere
28 minutes ago, sickandtired said:

FINALLY some constructive criticism, now this kind of statements can encourage a civil conversation!

for the part hat I highlighted, I think this is it!

I love Chromatica a lot but the passion doesn't seem to be there, she's trying to do more videos, did that VMAs performance to please us but you just feel like she ain't with it really, especially due to the fact that she can go a long time without even acknowledging its existence!

Joanne tho you could tell she loved it! 

This is the biggest struggle that i'm having with the album. 

Promo is cool and nice to have for the fans but it isn't a need for me. However, all I ask for is a genuine connection between the artist and the music. The way she talked about Chromatica in the interviews she gave just didn't seem like this album was something she 100% wanted to do. Like I mentioned, it was more like she knew her fans wanted pop music and was like "okay whatever, you want pop, heres pop." and put the album out. I didn't care for Joanne much as an album but at least she seemed a bit more confident and connected to it's concept and meaning.

I LOVED cheek to cheek however and people look at me crazy when i tell it's my second favorite Gaga album. I don't need her to be old gaga or "crazy-ga" just for the sake of doing it, I just want genuine music put out. 

1 hour ago, Enigma said:

Reminder that you are not married to Gaga and that the FBI would not come knocking at your door if you decided to hate her. This is something we forget because this is an echo chamber but... there are people out there who heavily dislike Gaga. So it would be a start if you all stopped acting like expressing disapointment towards her was a punishable offense.

On one hand, I'm very relieved because Chromatica exceeded my expectations pretty much. After the successive C2C, Joanne and ASIB eras, I really thought she was over pop and that she'd promise a comeback for years (she kinda did lol) without actually doing it. So I'm very happy she actually came back, and came back strong.

But it seems like she's in that eternal cycle of either serving good but little, or serving meh by lots. ARTPOP had potential to be a cultural collapse ; it was a collapse period. C2C was objectively her least artistically interesting era, yet it got a TOUR, performances and videos! Joanne was kinda boring, yet it got 2 tours, Coachella and the ****ing Superbowl! ASIB was a cute side project but obviously less exciting than her main projects, yet it got twice the attention any of her recent pop eras got.

Whenever she comes up with a great conceptual moment, she just... misses all opportunities. Stupid Love being the lead, not performing, waiting months in between singles, no promo, no nothing... The tribes thing was super cool and got dropped...

Not to mention the fact she said she hated being a selling point and stopped doing perfume (even if her perfume line was very cool and had artistic elements)... to later on plaster her face all over Amazon's version of Younique makeup. She literally partnered with AMAZON. Y'all CANNOT be serious when you say Haus Labs is not a cash grab. Not to mention the "let's make my video significantly less good to get sponsored by Apple" thing, or the "let's break immersion of my MV to get a deal with LG", or the "let's perform my old stuff for 1 million a night and do corporate gigs" thing. This is a business and there's nothing wrong with a celeb doing it for the money, but to still buy into the whole "music not the bling" shtick at this point is nonsense. And I feel bad for y'all when you spend so much big buck on her cash grabs that are obviously directed at the GP and have no interest for the fans. You don't wear makeup, sis, why did you buy all the Haus Labs sets? :bear:

Yes, you may rave over how she made a video recently all you want, but we're not crazy and evil for noticing something feels off. Because something DOES feel off. The second she does something pop, conceptual, crazy, whatever, the frequency of performances drops to the floor, and we barely hear about her.

So yes, we're allowed to discuss this.

You don't sound like better fans for telling people to shut up for 6 months everytime she does the slightest thing. If anything, you sound like you care less because you're fine with not getting much content.

I think this is more about the way people exspress their dissapointment 

Pharamon

Honestly I agree whole-heartedly, I've grown out of love with her a few years ago... I still love her music and her passion for music, but apart from that she's a caricature of what she used to be and I dont really enjoy that, it feels forced and disingenuous. Yes, I know that people grow and change and all that, but I cannot help the feelings. Maybe it's also because we've grown aswell? 

Modern Ecstacy

I know exactly what you mean. 

I still enjoy her modern work but there was just a different spark to her especially around 2010/2011 

The music, the interviews, the fashion, the prolific-ness, even her behavior...... the way she talked about her art had a passion to it.

I'm not sure if she just grew up and changed or it was trauma/depression that changed her. 

Either way, if she's happy now, then I'm happy. 

nodandsmile
45 minutes ago, Borislshere said:

This is the biggest struggle that i'm having with the album. 

Promo is cool and nice to have for the fans but it isn't a need for me. However, all I ask for is a genuine connection between the artist and the music. The way she talked about Chromatica in the interviews she gave just didn't seem like this album was something she 100% wanted to do. Like I mentioned, it was more like she knew her fans wanted pop music and was like "okay whatever, you want pop, heres pop." and put the album out. I didn't care for Joanne much as an album but at least she seemed a bit more confident and connected to it's concept and meaning.

I LOVED cheek to cheek however and people look at me crazy when i tell it's my second favorite Gaga album. I don't need her to be old gaga or "crazy-ga" just for the sake of doing it, I just want genuine music put out. 

that's how I feel as well

I think she should do whatever she feels like doing, what makes her happy rather than what she thinks monsters would want! Those who like the product will enjoy, those who don't... well it is what it is!

Another one who loves CTC just like me... omg we are kinda rare in this fanbase lol 

talking about jazz, she genuinely looks so happy whenever she performs those jazz shows... she's feeling herself and you can tell... hopefully she'll come up with an album of original jazz songs one day!  

HausOfAntonio
1 hour ago, HotLikeMexico said:

I don't think it's fair to say the entirety of those interviews in her early days of her career were all inauthentic tho. Yeah Gaga has been vocal about her issues she's been struggling with but there is a lot of behind the scenes stuff that we as fans don't know or unaware of as it's her own personal life. However Gaga has said things contradicting and or conflicting things but that's not a fault because we ALL do that to some extent. Regardless of what is going on she need to do what she needs to make herself feel happy and better.

But I will say this. Gaga doesn't owe us anything. No matter what I support her and have an immense amount of respect for her as an artist, as a humanitarian, and a human being. And I don't feel like she's been lacking etc. 

I didn’t say inauthentic though, just “off”... going through a tough time obviously doesn’t make one inauthentic

Galactic Mess

I personally think her vocals have only improved with the years. Her latest music is also arguably her best, or at least on par with it (ASIB and Chromatica are both excellent). 

I must acknowledge the coreography is, however, not what it used to be. But I guess that's expected, because she's older now and also due to her fibromyalgia. Anyway, it was never the reason why I started liking her in the first place.

What I like about Gaga is her ability to surprise me, and that hasn't changed. She did it again a little over a month ago with the masterful 911 MV.

Overall I think she is more selective now :ally:

Flawless

my problem with this era is the blackouts and Gaga's lack of presence. When she's about to drop something she comes back, interacts with the fans and all but when it's over she disappears for months, in the middle of an album cycle. It's kinda frustrating for me as a long time fan tbh, that's why it's probably my least favorite era & I'm more distant from her as I never was.

the scars on my mind are on replay.

Pray4FameGa

Yes.

It's like she doesn't know how to age or evolve and is parodying herself whenever she appears. It's ok to not be who you used to be, own it and reinvent yourself, I don't understand.

She comes across very insincere in her art compared to her early days where it was her lifeblood.

This and her silly attempts at playing politics and the preaching. I'm a bit lost as a Gaga fan if I'm honest. There's no excitement anymore it's like she is forcing herself and I'd rather she didn't.

I think we can say Madonna did outlast her if you start their careers at the same time.

14 hours ago, zcasx said:

I feel like the early signs where the MR music video... then came Enigma in which she plays a parody of Lady Gaga, and she seems to be doing that throughout Chromatica (VMA performance + Stupid Love) even though it served two amazing videos (ROM and 911). [...]

!!!

YES, exactly! It feels good to know that other people felt this visceral shift in her demeanor and/or her attitude towards performing during this time as well. I remember watching the Enigma live stream and feeling completely alienated  — this gut feeling as though she was mocking the audience for liking her past body of work took root inside of me. Even though, I had kind of lost interest in some of her music and artistic choices, I had never felt second-hand embarrassment watching her perform up until that point. 

During this time, she was serving more of: 'You took my performance art seriously? You liked and took comfort in my inspirational mid-concert speeches? Good for you, but I don't really care. All of this is contrived BS, anway. Now hand me my check,' and less of "Pop music will never be low brow.".

The silver-lining to me though?! —The release of the 911 music video. Yes, OP might feel it's just an ad for LG but I could finally see some of that spark and attention to detail that I admired so much about her in the past. So I'm kind of optimistic that Gaga will still deliver material that will catch my interest again.

And if that doesn't turn out to be the case, well, there are tons of upcoming, powerful female artists who are absolutely killing it for me these days: Rina Sawayama (released one of the best pop albums of the year with SAWAYAMA), Chloe X Halle (insane live performances, Ungodly Hour is a smasha), Doja Cat (the music bops, she owns the stage, messy personality/weird pr tactics though), Megan Thee Stallion etc. ... I could keep going but you know what I'm getting at. Hell, even Adele is supposed to come back soon, and even if that's not your cup of tea, I, for one can say, that I'm well fed these days  :queenga:

GAGAVENUS
13 minutes ago, Nayru said:

The silver-lining to me though?! —The release of the 911 music video. Yes, OP might feel it's just an ad for LG but I could finally see some of that spark and attention to detail that I admired so much about her in the past. So I'm kind of optimistic that Gaga will still deliver material that will catch my interest again.

the 911 music video is one of her best. It's Gaga but evolved. It has elements of her past shock-value with very specific attention to detail, grounded with a component of reality. 

she is def evolving as an artist

Actually creatively there was a change way back when Matthew Williams left the Haus. I think he brought out the best in Gaga. But that’s not to say she doesn’t still have great artistic moments, like the 911 video for example.

I don’t agree that she’s not passionate about her music itself. Go read interviews with Bloodpop. He explains that it was a struggle for Gaga to record Chromatica because of her depression - that does not mean she’s lost her passion for music.

Archived