Ava Max for Marie Claire Hong Kong

Lighter

Featured Posts

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, Biggest Bitch said:

These pathetic answers :selena:

It’s funny how everyone forgot  the Madonna/Gaga line at the beginning of Gaga’s career 

Anyway Ava doesn’t need to copy Gaga’s style, she got her own :trollga:

Exactly. 

We are our better selves when we embrace all artists for their strengths and not belittle them for perceived weaknesses.

I live outside the space time continuum.

BillieGOAT
4 hours ago, OMonster said:

Sorry, I want to love her... but she's SO unoriginal and so blatant in her attempts at Gaga cosplay. 

There is nothing authentic about her, how she poses, the clothes she wears, the looks... nothing. It is so fake and I am so certain of that. 100%.

If you need help fighting off the “lmao” reactors in this thread lmk. You speak the TRUTH!!

Y'all realize that your criticisms of Ava is EXACTLY what Madonna fans were saying about Gaga early in her career right...?

Happy Hour Drinking GIF

Shipper

Tbh, I think this just promotes Gaga more.  :billie:

They look both stunning and if you didn't buy the magazine and actually read it, you would think it is Gaga or Madonna. 

Not their fault many celebrities create an image as having platinum blonde hair and caucasian features. I say go for it since she would eventually need to find her own image in the future. We will probably get a down to earth "real" Ava album down the road. 

💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕

TimisaMonster

I can't look at her without thinking she looks so much like Gaga :smh:

Stream my new single, 💜"Heartbeat"💜, on Spotify!

Agunimon
3 hours ago, OMonster said:

The point is that 1) collectively, she is blatantly trying to recreate what Gaga created at the start of her career

Those things were not entirely organic. Gaga herself has said that she studied other famous people and how they achieved their fame on her road to getting where she was (she even referred to it as 'The Sociology of Fame'). Who cares if Ava is doing the same thing?

JusKeepBreathin
2 hours ago, Andreu said:

Purrr

She has 11 grammys, an oscar and a nobel prize, when will literally any other gurlie?

Nobel :ladyhaha:

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -Martin Luther King Jr.

BornAsUnic0rn

2) the EXECUTION of her visual identity lacks authenticity. It's just fake - it doesn't feel 'real' or true to who she is. We know this from how she carries herself in interviews and on camera. She is not the artist she is presenting herself as. She is a Katy Perry... not a Lady Gaga - and there's nothing wrong with that... but the fakery is very frustrating. 

She will always seem fake to you, no matter what she does, because that’s the narrative you decided on for her. If she switches things up that would just serve proof to you that she isn’t authentic. 
But the truth of the matter is, she’s just as authentic/artificial as evert other pop star out there was in the beginning of her career. The only difference with Gaga is that she was always open about LG being a persona, and that she invented the persona. 

Also she never presented herself as a Lady Gaga or a Katy Perry. I don’t know where this is coming from? She presented herself as a young girl who loves pop music, great visuals and dreams of becoming a pop star. 

Anveeroy

You're missing the point. 

It's not the fishnet or the lipsticks. 

And no one is saying Ava can't do similar things to Gaga (and many other artists). 

The point is that 1) collectively, she is blatantly trying to recreate what Gaga created at the start of her career, and 2) the EXECUTION of her visual identity lacks authenticity. It's just fake - it doesn't feel 'real' or true to who she is. We know this from how she carries herself in interviews and on camera. She is not the artist she is presenting herself as. She is a Katy Perry... not a Lady Gaga - and there's nothing wrong with that... but the fakery is very frustrating. 

You guys can say we're Ava haters, which we're not - and I'm not blinded by Gaga. I can just see inauthenticity when it's right in front of me. 

(there are many artists - like Rina Sawayama, for example - who do 'Gaga' things, yet do it uniquely and it's very clearly true and real. Ava is not one of those)

Explain 

04a58a7e90673cc4d1c9cb5c8e3df170.jpg

Stream Kylie-Janet Discographies!

Archived