celeb

Ava Max for Marie Claire Hong Kong

Lighter

Featured Posts

OMonster
1 minute ago, Aarghya said:

Explain 

04a58a7e90673cc4d1c9cb5c8e3df170.jpg

I suppose my point is that Gaga and Madonna are in the same lane. 

Gaga was / is 'like' Madonna because she is... 'like' Madonna. She has the same tenacity and vision and creative eye. You see it and feel it in her interviews and her work and art. 

Ava Max is just not in that same league - she doesn't have the same vision or eye. You can see it in her work, her interviews, her explanations... everything. She just ISN'T what she is presenting as. 

That's the problem. 

She is wearing a costume to be something she isn't - and, I'm sorry, but it's crystal clear when you remove yourself from it as a non-Gaga fan and look on in. 

subtext / fantasy

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
BornAsUnic0rn
21 minutes ago, Trenlord said:

Those things were not entirely organic. Gaga herself has said that she studied other famous people and how they achieved their fame on her road to getting where she was (she even referred to it as 'The Sociology of Fame'). Who cares if Ava is doing the same thing?

Not to forget that musical artists, especially at the beginning of their career, have basically no say in things like magazine spreads. They are booked models basically.

Gaga was too in 2009-10. She gave her input when asked, but those magazine shoots were not her ideas, concepts and visions.

BornAsUnic0rn
1 minute ago, OMonster said:

I suppose my point is that Gaga and Madonna are in the same lane. 

Gaga was / is 'like' Madonna because she is... 'like' Madonna. She has the same tenacity and vision and creative eye. You see it and feel it in her interviews and her work and art. 

Ava Max is just not in that same league - she doesn't have the same vision or eye. You can see it in her work, her interviews, her explanations... everything. She just ISN'T what she is presenting as. 

That's the problem. 

She is wearing a costume to be something she isn't - and, I'm sorry, but it's crystal clear when you remove yourself from it as a non-Gaga fan and look on in. 

Only Gaga fans can twist everything to make Gaga a saint and at the same time trash others doing the same thing, while not noticing the double standards and hypocrisy.

You’d think people would hold their fave to a higher standard. Because they want to get a great product from them. But the truth is, since their fave is always excused, they set the bar very low. While they put the magnifying glasses on for everyone who could be competition, setting the bar for these artists far too high to satisfy. Stupidity.

OMonster
8 minutes ago, BornAsUnic0rn said:

Only Gaga fans can twist everything to make Gaga a saint and at the same time trash others doing the same thing, while not noticing the double standards and hypocrisy.

You’d think people would hold their fave to a higher standard. Because they want to get a great product from them. But the truth is, since their fave is always excused, they set the bar very low. While they put the magnifying glasses on for everyone who could be competition, setting the bar for these artists far too high to satisfy. Stupidity.

You're totally wrong if you're applying that accusation to me. 

I support all kinds of artists and absolutely love it when artists are 'Gaga' like. 

I'm just not blind to what Ava's team is doing. 

It's blatant! (and nothing like what happened between Gaga and Madonna... nothing) 

subtext / fantasy

I love Ava’s songs but I hate her romanticizing mental illness themes in her visuals, and I feel that she is an industry plant.

I do, although, listen to her music on a regular basis. :lolly:

"Hesperus is Phosphorus"

BornAsUnic0rn
27 minutes ago, OMonster said:

You're totally wrong if you're applying that accusation to me. 

I support all kinds of artists and absolutely love it when artists are 'Gaga' like. 

I'm just not blind to what Ava's team is doing. 

It's blatant! (and nothing like what happened between Gaga and Madonna... nothing) 

But it is EVERYTHING like what Gaga did with the beginning of The Fame. Using pop culture moments from the 80s and 90s, literally replicating outfits, makeup, hairstyles and concepts by the likes of Grace Jones, Madonna and David Bowie, to create an imprint and pay homage to the artists she‘s inspired by. Gaga‘s whole The Fame imaginary was basically chopping up pop icons and pop culture moments and piecing them together in a modern way.

OMonster
Just now, BornAsUnic0rn said:

But it is EVERYTHING like what Gaga did with the beginning of The Fame. Using pop culture moments from the 80s and 90s, literally replicating outfits, makeup, hairstyles and concepts by the likes of Grace Jones, Madonna and David Bowie, to create an imprint and pay homage to the artists she‘s inspired by. Gaga‘s whole The Fame imaginary was basically chopping up pop icons and pop culture moments and piecing them together in a modern way.

I'm sorry but if you think Gaga's credited and obvious referencing is comparable to what Ava is doing, then we'll never see eye to eye on this topic. You have your view, I have mine - and that's fine. I'm glad you're able to get behind Ava!

subtext / fantasy

2 hours ago, HEARTSTOP said:

The only thing I'm bothered by is her mouth...what is she doing?

They also need to stop overlining her lips so much 

BornAsUnic0rn
1 minute ago, OMonster said:

I'm sorry but if you think Gaga's credited and obvious referencing is comparable to what Ava is doing, then we'll never see eye to eye on this topic. You have your view, I have mine - and that's fine. I'm glad you're able to get behind Ava!

Ava does credit the things she’s inspired by, don’t be stupid, love. You are running in circles trying to wash Gaga clean of the dirt you‘re smearing on others. Let the youngsters enjoy Ava, let her enjoy her success and making music and let her come into her own artistry. You are literally being a Madonna Fan in 2008-10 when Gaga came out. It‘s crazy you can’t see that. 

Blastertoyo
Just now, Suuus said:

They also need to stop overlining her lips so much 

Ya since she already has filler, it gets quite out of control.mp3

please enlighten me to death

RainingOnMe
7 hours ago, Biggest Bitch said:

These pathetic answers :selena:

It’s funny how everyone forgot  the Madonna/Gaga line at the beginning of Gaga’s career 

Anyway Ava doesn’t need to copy Gaga’s style, she got her own :trollga:

She doesn't... but not yet, at least. 

RainingOnMe
1 hour ago, Rat Q said:

I love Ava’s songs but I hate her romanticizing mental illness themes in her visuals, and I feel that she is an industry plant.

I do, although, listen to her music on a regular basis. :lolly:

Tbh yeah it's obvious she's an industry plant. Sweet girl but she doesn't have her style/sound/looks yet. I wish her good luck though

Archived