ARTPOPe

Featured Posts

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Battle 4 Ur Life
2 hours ago, Red said:

Damn, if her next album is full of songs like this we are all going to die

this. that’s EXACTLY I’d want from ha. yas.

"We own the Downtown, hear our sound."

A R T P O P

It isn't hating to say that L+F was subpar by Marina's standards. 

Marina has made a career out of releasing catchy if idiosyncratic music, which is pop but not mainstream. She's always had something meaningful to say with her music. 

But L+F relied way too much on that glittery summer house sound (which has aged terribly BTW) and had lyrics that tried to be affecting and moving but didn't say much other than "am sad and lonely and greek". 

L+F was cookie-cutter, factory-made pop that I would expect from "artist" like Selena Gomez and Katy Perry but not Marina. 

L+F had To Be Human which was a highlight and MAYBE Handmade Heaven, but the last one's a stretch because it didn't do anything with the concept. 

This song actually says something important, makes critiques and has a feminist vibe to it. This is what Marina is about. This is a much needed course correction. 

HausOfAntonio
22 minutes ago, Jose P said:

Uh oh the L+F police is here

Yes we are HERE and we are QUEER :awkney:

A R T P O P
Just now, HausOfAntonio said:

Yes we are HERE and we are QUEER :awkney:

we here 

we queer 

but most importantly 

stan love and fear 

QueenMortuana
30 minutes ago, A R T P O P said:

But L+F relied way too much on that glittery summer house sound (which has aged terribly BTW) and had lyrics that tried to be affecting and moving but didn't say much other than "am sad and lonely and greek". 

:ladyhaha:

HausOfAntonio
1 hour ago, A R T P O P said:

we here 

we queer 

but most importantly 

stan love and fear 

BD431-C28-5-E0-A-43-FB-9644-FB76-E58-B61

TimisaMonster

Nice song and the lyrics are very good

Stream my new single, 💜"Heartbeat"💜, on Spotify!

2 hours ago, HausOfAntonio said:

It didn’t have major lows :awkney: All songs are good in some way on their own right. 

The LF hate bandwagon has departed. 

I love that I always see you defending LF when it is inevitably brought up in every Marina thread. Truly a thankless task. 

It's ok. I'm not blown away, yet, it's a grower for me I think. The lyrics are good and I love that the production isn't the same as L+F. (I didn't hate that album tho) I do hope the next single will have a bit more of an edge, and even tho I love her soft voice I hope that she also uses her deeper voice again, like she did in Froot, Savages, Handmade Heaven and in older songs.

HausOfAntonio
10 minutes ago, Gagz said:

I love that I always see you defending LF when it is inevitably brought up in every Marina thread. Truly a thankless task. 

Because I absolutely ADORE it and find it absolutely intellectually incomprehensible how anyone would think otherwise :saladga:

Archived