💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Lana Del Rey explains mesh mask

TwilightMonster

Featured Posts

GagaSine

Lol please I actually like Lana as an artist but to deny that she is not at least tinged with racism... :toofunny: some emperor’s new clothes type-ish

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply
freebit

It's so strange. This woman is 35 years old,  clearly lying, and acting a defensive mess from criticisms from over a decade ago. I feel like she has regressed as person. This is some Miss Havisham stuff. She'll be 60 years old and still defending her right to sing about daddies on whatever :neyde: (and to no one in particular, just the one probably long dead critic who said it once in a Born to Die review)

Contessa
3 minutes ago, freebit said:

She'll be 60 years old and still defending her right to sing about daddies or whatever. :neyde:

IM SCREAMING :lmao:

RainingOnMe
7 hours ago, FentyGa said:

pls the scandal in may was huge, if you dont know atp, youre not listening enough.

This this this... the way her tone deaf stans will do the most to excuse her for everything. Kinda pathetic.

Serial Chiller

All the white gheys need not fret. No one tries to cancel her. She’s never that big to warrant cancellation. :billie:

She’s just time and time again shamelessly demonstrating her ignorance and not owning up to it. Stop writhing around about “the haters” and maybe think critically about why her views got so much flak. 

Between the embarrassment display of her “what about those who want to be subservient and ladylike” white feminism and her stupid mask stunt, I wonder why  her fans are still scratching their heads at the criticism? 

I mean, I wouldn’t call her racist, but her views definitely are ignorant and carry racist undertones, and she deserves to be called out. 

RAMROD

Right, a very transparent plastic that it looks invisible :lmao:

(ïŸ‰â—•ăƒźâ—•)✧*: with birds I share this lonely view (*Ž艞*) ♡♡♡

flyaway
10 hours ago, FentyGa said:

pls the scandal in may was huge, if you dont know atp, youre not listening enough.

Then there's no proof. 

We truly live in the age of FAKE NEWS. Thank you Trump

Diamond Heart

Lana i love you girl but why the blatant lying ? :rip: 
Her weird 'cant take criticism' thing is tiring.  

"GGD IS NOT FOR YOU" - Admin

StrawberryBlond

I'd already said previously that Lana wore proper masks multiple times, including last week. I think what she did at that event was just a poorly thought out fashion statement. Plenty of people have tried to make masks pretty looking and that's what she did. Ill-advised and all, but she never did it before and never again. I sincerely hope no one became infected after the signing and I'm sure we would've heard about it if they did. I think we all need to move on from this, regardless of whether there really was a plastic sheet inside or not. I'm not really sure what to believe but as long as she doesn't do it again, she made a mistake, let's move on. If she comes out as anti-mask, that's one thing, but she hasn't as of yet. I just hope she doesn't wear the mask again and acts more responsibly from now on. If she did it just once, I'd like to think it was a mistake that she won't repeat.

16 hours ago, Dukttapetoo said:

Point proven. You guys hate people being called racist more than you hate racism. It's disgusting.

You can dislike both things equally. And being called racist when you're not can have really negative effects on your career and reputation because people tend to believe stuff just because someone says it, or it's on the internet. It's a very serious accusation that needs substantial proof as opposed to "they happened to criticise the seemingly preferential treatment of some artists who happened to be POC." Lana's beef wasn't even with the artists she mentioned, it was how the critics raised them up and knocked her down for singing about the same things they were. She said herself that she was friends with some of these women. I'm 100% positive that if the women who were having success with this style were white, she would have mentioned them too and she didn't just mention WOC either. It was just a coincidence that her only point of reference was WOC as they were the ones who were having success with this style at the moment she chose to speak on it using examples. People chose to focus on the race of the women she mentioned rather than the style they sang with which was the entire point of what Lana was writing. I think it's more problematic to reduce someone to just their race and make that the entire point of the conversation when that wasn't what it was about to start with.

16 hours ago, GagaSine said:

Lol please I actually like Lana as an artist but to deny that she is not at least tinged with racism... :toofunny: some emperor’s new clothes type-ish

I give an explanation to this above. I don't think anyone is above criticism and it seemed like Lana was holding all females who had this style to the same standard. She just wanted critics to ponder if they had given her a harder time more than other female artists for whatever reason.

15 hours ago, freebit said:

It's so strange. This woman is 35 years old,  clearly lying, and acting a defensive mess from criticisms from over a decade ago. I feel like she has regressed as person. This is some Miss Havisham stuff. She'll be 60 years old and still defending her right to sing about daddies on whatever :neyde: (and to no one in particular, just the one probably long dead critic who said it once in a Born to Die review)

She hasn't sung about daddies for a long time now. She left that part of alter ego behind ages ago and sings about relationships like she's on these guys level now and she dates closer to her own age.

15 hours ago, Serial Chiller said:

All the white gheys need not fret. No one tries to cancel her. She’s never that big to warrant cancellation. :billie:

She’s just time and time again shamelessly demonstrating her ignorance and not owning up to it. Stop writhing around about “the haters” and maybe think critically about why her views got so much flak. 

Between the embarrassment display of her “what about those who want to be subservient and ladylike” white feminism and her stupid mask stunt, I wonder why  her fans are still scratching their heads at the criticism? 

I mean, I wouldn’t call her racist, but her views definitely are ignorant and carry racist undertones, and she deserves to be called out. 

I think what she's getting criticised for is pretty small fry, that's the problem. Maybe I've just got a very high threshold when it comes to what should be considered cancellable but I'm baffled as to how people have gone nuts over the stuff she's said/done recently. I believe criticism should be reserved for far more extreme stuff instead of speculation and simple mistakes.

Married the Night
20 hours ago, gag said:

Right? I don’t understand why fans have to bend backwards to cover for her. It’s so clearly a lie, they letting her gaslight them :billie:

Gaga lies sometimes (as seen in that other thread 💀), our favourite artists lie and **** up sometimes. It’s fine.

Exactly! Could not have said this better myself. 

pussycat
19 hours ago, freebit said:

I agree with you on the lying part. Thats an immature mistake if true.

But I think what makes her this interesting and talented artist imo really comes from the same place where she is still mad about those criticisms. She's hyperemotional and it shows, in more ways sometimes than just her music. I feel like she lives and breathes with her emotions and that can make you blinded sometimes but in no way I see that as a negative. 

Pennywise
20 hours ago, freebit said:

This comment is a literary work of art :ladyhaha:

YOUR GOD IS NOT HERE MICHAEL NOR WILL HE EVER BE

Archived