🔴 Limited-edition Red Vinyl 🔴

Sign in to follow this  
society

Boris Johnson announces England is to go into lockdown from Thursday

Gimme More

England will enter a month-long lockdown from Thursday, Boris Johnson has announced.

Until 2 December, people in England will only be allowed to leave their homes for specific reasons, such as education, work or food shopping.

Mr Johnson, speaking at a Downing Street news conference on Saturday evening, said there was "no alternative" to a second period of national lockdown restrictions.

He said that "no responsible prime minister" could ignore the rising number of coronavirus infections across England.

Mr Johnson warned of a greater number of COVID-19 deaths this winter than during the first wave of the pandemic, in the spring, without tougher measures.

Schools, colleges and universities will remain open while those who cannot work from home, such as construction or manufacturing workers, will be encouraged to continue going to their workplaces.

Pubs, bars and restaurants will close across the country, although they will be able to offer takeaway and delivery services.

Non-essential shops, hairdressers and leisure and entertainment venues will also be shut.

The prime minister said the furlough scheme, which has seen the government pay a proportion of peoples' wages during the COVID-19 crisis but was due to end on Saturday, would now be extended through November.

Different households will be banned from mixing, although support bubbles and childcare bubbles will remain and children will still be able to move between homes if their parents are separated.

Gyms will be shut but people can continue to exercise for unlimited periods outdoors, either with people from their own households or on a one-to-one basis with one person from another household.

People will be able to travel internationally for work, but won't be allowed to go abroad for holidays.

Source: Sky News

#FreeBritney ♡
  • Like 1
  • Shook 1

Aussie

“Schools, colleges and universities will remain open while those who cannot work from home, such as construction or manufacturing workers, will be encouraged to continue going to their workplaces”

“People will be able to travel internationally for work, but won't be allowed to go abroad for holidays.”

Sorry but this doesn’t really sound like a lockdown to me 🤔 It’s again very selective 

Chic

And they won’t stop until every last person has killed themselves from depression :vegas:

• LMAO 1

ThisGuyTony

And when will Trump’s America go into a lockdown? :madge:

iAstroLeo
18 minutes ago, Chic said:

And they won’t stop until every last person has killed themselves from depression :vegas:

Sounds better than to die with a ventilator down your throat :vegas: 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

Gimme More
19 minutes ago, Chic said:

It's for the best and has been recommended, it's better than letting the virus spread insanely across the population.

A lot of other countries are doing it and it is a responsible move, but should have been done WAY earlier.

#FreeBritney ♡
  • Like 1

MJHolland
31 minutes ago, Chic said:

I see your onslaught of horrible Covid-19 takes isn't stopping anytime soon 

inb4 you get covid-5000 lmao :excuseu:

• Like 1

coolninjaguy
45 minutes ago, Chic said:

imagine if people said this during WW1. there's literally ppl being slaughtered in china and children starving in yemen, yet, we can't stay in our homes for a month :smh:

also depression is real and an issue but it's not any more important than covid-19 and health officials have clearly done a cost-benefit analysis to even propose lockdowns because in the long-term it will benefit us.

Edited by coolninjaguy
  • Thanks 2

TimisaMonster

here we go latrice royale GIF by RuPaul's Drag Race

Stream my new single 🔥"Dance in the Flames"🔥 on Spotify!

TimisaMonster
47 minutes ago, ThisGuyTony said:

And when will Trump’s America go into a lockdown? :madge:

Middle of next year when the 5th wave hits 

Stream my new single 🔥"Dance in the Flames"🔥 on Spotify!

JOSHMATICA

I knew this was coming! Tbh, it's needed but i just don't understand how they can encourage people to eat out cause they get 50% off food and to mix with other people then wonder why cases are rising again.

You can serve it to me ancient city style
  • Thanks 1

Gimme More
10 minutes ago, JOSHMATICA said:

I knew this was coming! Tbh, it's needed but i just don't understand how they can encourage people to eat out cause they get 50% off food and to mix with other people then wonder why cases are rising again.

and the way they blamed young people when it was obviously their eat out to help out scheme encouraging people to go out all the time!

#FreeBritney ♡

numb the flame
12 minutes ago, JOSHMATICA said:

1 minute ago, Gimme More said:

and the way they blamed young people when it was obviously their eat out to help out scheme encouraging people to go out all the time!

it's tory logic

nothing you say can erase all the sins of the world
  • Sad 1

JOSHMATICA
1 minute ago, Gimme More said:

Exactly!! They're wondering why Manchester when in to Tier 3 straight away when letting university students go to accommodation and mix with others! Honestly i know so many people have had it a lot worse but this situation is having such an affect on my mental health.

I don't know when I'm going to have an income again, probably next year.

You can serve it to me ancient city style

Chic
38 minutes ago, MJHolland said:

I see your onslaught of horrible Covid-19 takes isn't stopping anytime soon 

inb4 you get covid-5000 lmao :excuseu:

Reported.

• LMAO 1