🎄 December Fan Mail 🎄

Sign in to follow this  
politics

Ex-Leader Corbyn kicked from Labour party

StarstruckIllusion

😐

Soooo Previous Labour Party Leader Jeremy Corbyn has just been removed from the UK Labour Party. Truly a tragic move... and the right wingers in the UK are living for it 🤢 This blatant attempt at division has worked and it makes me so sad. The US ain’t the only country w problems

Edited by StarstruckIllusion
  • Shook 1
  • Sad 3

LateToCult

Low key sounds like they were just looking for any excuse to sack him.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

River

They just wanted an official way to kick him out let's be honest... and OP is very misleading.. it's not because he's "antisemitic" or pro Palestinian it's because he said that the reports about antisemitism in the Labour party are exaggerated and he minimized the alleged problem in the party.

He pretty much gave the bone to the wolves to take him down :yennefer:

I'd rather be dead but I guess I'm alive ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • Like 1

Da J

Watched the interview... I don't know about this report, but there seems to be nothing wrong with what he said in the interview... From what I understood, he just meant the number of antisemitists in the party is actually smaller than the media made it out to be.

After all, was he expelled because of the content of the report or because of these comments?

Edited by Da J
  • Thanks 1

Lord Temptation
14 minutes ago, LateToCult said:

Low key sounds like they were just looking for any excuse to sack him.

That’s what I thought. I think they think he is unelectable.

• Like 1

alsemanche

He's literally one of the best leftist politicians and leaders currently. The fact that he lost the elections previously and got sacked now makes it very clear that his good policies and ideas are not wanted by people who have any form of power. It's tragic tbh. 

Edited by alsemanche
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 3

Miss Dolly

Corbyn was always a wake and useless leader. He managed to be bet by two of the worst PMs of our times. About time he had the whip removed. 

Blue smoke is the heartbreak train
  • Sad 1

monster4life231

As a member of the party and a supporter of Corbyn and his policies, I continue to stand by him. I am appalled that anti-semitism is in our party (at all levels), but I do not support placing full blame on Corbyn. Could he have done more? Yes. The fact that anti-semitism continues in the party demonstrates that more could be done. Is it all his fault? No. I don't think that he is anti-semitic. Plus, there has been cases of Corbyn attempting to create a more rigorous policy in regards to this issue, yet many right-wing members of the party prevented him from doing this (as far as I understand; if I am incorrect please correct me).

I believe that this issue has been weaponised to create a political advantage over many left wing members of the party. However, this distracts from the real issue, which is anti-semitism. This suspension will create more divisions in the party and more factional in-fighting, despite Starmer saying that he wants to unite the party. Additionally, why have transphobic, sexist and racist MP's not faced the same consequences?

Edited by monster4life231
spread peace - #MJInnocent

StarstruckIllusion
19 minutes ago, River said:

They just wanted an official way to kick him out let's be honest... and OP is very misleading.. it's not because he's "antisemitic" or pro Palestinian it's because he said that the reports about antisemitism in the Labour party are exaggerated and he minimized the alleged problem in the party.

He pretty much gave the bone to the wolves to take him down :yennefer:

Okay I removed but where is the anti-semism coming from? Corbyn and his party were kinda like Bernie Sanders (U.K. Deluxe Edition), so its probably partly from his members being pro-Palestine, no?

monster4life231
2 minutes ago, StarstruckIllusion said:

Okay I removed but where is the anti-semism coming from? Corbyn and his party were kinda like Bernie Sanders (U.K. Deluxe Edition), so its probably partly from his members being pro-Palestine, no?

There was a lot of antisemitism in the party, but I don't think that Corbyn is antisemitic. Many of his supporters though are pro-Palestine (I don't have a stance on this issue, so I can't give my view). However, pro-Palestine doesn't mean antisemitic. The issue was that many people that were pro-Palestine crossed over to being antisemitic.

Edited by monster4life231

StarstruckIllusion
26 minutes ago, Da J said:

Watched the interview... I don't know about this report, but there seems to be nothing wrong with what he said in the interview... From what I understood, he just meant the number of antisemitists in the party is actually smaller than the media made it out to be.

After all, was he expelled because of the content of the report or because of these comments?

*nvm*

10 minutes ago, alsemanche said:

He's literally one of the best leftist politicians and leaders currently. The fact that he lost the elections previously and got sacked now makes it very clear that his good policies and ideas are not wanted by people who have any form of power. It's tragic tbh. 

Yup. Especially when Stramer aint as left as he is. This whole situation serves Alex Morse teas and I’m not here for it. Why can right-wingers stick together more than left-leaning ones? We gotta get it together...

Edited by StarstruckIllusion
  • Shook 1

monster4life231
24 minutes ago, Da J said:

I think he was expelled because of his statement. This is his statement: 

Spoiler

“Antisemitism is absolutely abhorrent, wrong and responsible for some of humanity’s greatest crimes. As Leader of the Labour Party I was always determined to eliminate all forms of racism and root out the cancer of antisemitism. I have campaigned in support of Jewish people and communities my entire life and I will continue to do so.

“The EHRC’s report shows that when I became Labour leader in 2015, the Party’s processes for handling complaints were not fit for purpose. Reform was then stalled by an obstructive party bureaucracy. But from 2018, Jennie Formby and a new NEC that supported my leadership made substantial improvements, making it much easier and swifter to remove antisemites. My team acted to speed up, not hinder the process.

“Anyone claiming there is no antisemitism in the Labour Party is wrong. Of course there is, as there is throughout society, and sometimes it is voiced by people who think of themselves as on the left.

“Jewish members of our party and the wider community were right to expect us to deal with it, and I regret that it took longer to deliver that change than it should.

“One antisemite is one too many, but the scale of the problem was also dramatically overstated for political reasons by our opponents inside and outside the party, as well as by much of the media. That combination hurt Jewish people and must never be repeated.

“My sincere hope is that relations with Jewish communities can be rebuilt and those fears overcome. While I do not accept all of its findings, I trust its recommendations will be swiftly implemented to help move on from this period.”

After he was expelled he released this statement:

Spoiler

I will strongly contest the political intervention to suspend me. I’ve made absolutely clear that those who deny there has been an antisemitism problem in the Labour Party are wrong.

It’s also undeniable that a false impression has been created of the number of members accused of antisemitism, as polling shows: that is what has been overstated, not the seriousness of the problem.

I will continue to support a zero tolerance policy towards all forms of racism. And I urge all members to stay calm and focused - while this problem is resolved amicably, as I believe it will be - to defeat this awful government, which is further impoverishing the poorest in our society.

StarstruckIllusion
1 minute ago, monster4life231 said:

There was a lot of antisemitism in the party, but I don't think that Corbyn is antisemitic. Many of his supporters though are pro-Palestine (I don't have a stance on this issue, so I can't give my view). However, pro-Palestine doesn't mean antisemitic. The issue was that many people that were pro-Palestine crossed over to being antisemitic.

If you could link me to examples of the far out anti-semitism, I’d be grateful. Not doubting your claims, I’d just like to know more. But yes I know you can be pro-Palestine yet not anti-semitic - just let the arabs have their land... they was just chillin :/

River
8 minutes ago, StarstruckIllusion said:

Some of them became too extreme unfortunately and started to harass other Jewish members and say things like "Hitler was right"

https://news.sky.com/story/12-shocking-claims-of-abuse-in-leaked-labour-antisemitism-dossier-11879053

It's sky though so it's written in a very populist way, but it's the only one that I could find with a list of examples

Edited by River
I'd rather be dead but I guess I'm alive ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • Shook 1

StarstruckIllusion
Just now, River said:

Some of them became too extreme unfortunately and started to harass other Jewish members and say things like "Hitler was right"

https://news.sky.com/story/12-shocking-claims-of-abuse-in-leaked-labour-antisemitism-dossier-11879053

It's sky though so it's written in a very populist way, but it's the only one that I could find with a list of examples

UMMM IKYFL...

Not Sky News tho... altho what’s wrong w being populist 🤨 It’s the right-wing lean for me 🤢 Luckily I have ad-blockers on so...