Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Confession time: which artist you dislike but listen to?

Kimmo

Featured Posts

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply
LaLuna

Madonna. Mostly her early stuff from the 80's and early 90s. I don't care for her at all now (I can't listen to anything post-COADF) but when I was younger I was a huge fan.

PsychoMaxcara

Natalia Kills / Teddy Sinclair.

Even before the X Factor scandal, I could tell there was something very odd about her demeanor. At first I thought she was just acting and putting on a fake personality the way Gaga used to do for some The Fame/Fame Monster interviews, but the truth is she seems to have some deep-rooted issues and insecurities and it's very obvious she's a narcissist and thinks she's superior to everyone else. I have yet to watch something where she acts spontaneous and not in the overtly controlled/calculated/put together mode she's in 24/7.

Having said that, I love her debut album Perfectionist -- and her second album Trouble has many unbelievable bops like Problem and it just blows my mind how someone so unlikable can have such incredible music.

I listen to the song and video 'Style' but seriously dislike Taylor Swift. It's a beautiful video and a sincerely lovely song.:legend:

The future's uncertain and the end is always near.

Contessa
18 minutes ago, Pennywise said:

I was JUST listening to Roman Holiday :flop:

As you should. 

Shipper

Taylor Swift just cause I personally dont connect to her songs but I can't deny some are catchy. 

Katy i learned to accept after her Witness era so I dont dislike her anymore. :billie:

💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕

StrawberryBlond

As I review albums as an amateur, I routinely listen to artists I don't like anyway, but there's some who I end up listening to for their hidden gems in among the duds as well. No one sums that up better than Taylor and Katy. Though I like Katy so much more from Witness onward. And I secretly am a bit down on the fact that Cheryl Cole hasn't put out an album since 2014. Hate reviewing her albums used to be one of my favourite hobbies (and then you'd find a hidden gem in there which was cool).

Butters Stotch

Taylor Swift. Sometimes I can't stand her and find her annoying, but I like some of her songs.

FIND YOUR FREEDOM IN THE MUSIC

Doily Skull

Azealia Banks. Can’t stand her, never intentionally look her music up, but before **** got super crazy with her I really stanned Broke With Expensive Taste. Wallace was my favorite. Every once in a while “hot lava, hot lava” gets stuck in my head and it won’t go away until I listen to it. 

~staying stupid through my holy days~

PsychoMaxcara
37 minutes ago, StrawberryBlond said:

As I review albums as an amateur, I routinely listen to artists I don't like anyway, but there's some who I end up listening to for their hidden gems in among the duds as well. No one sums that up better than Taylor and Katy. Though I like Katy so much more from Witness onward. And I secretly am a bit down on the fact that Cheryl Cole hasn't put out an album since 2014. Hate reviewing her albums used to be one of my favourite hobbies (and then you'd find a hidden gem in there which was cool).

I'm really mad Cheryl seemed to have scrapped her album because I LOVED Love Made Me Do It and thought Let You was a bop as well. I also observed some sort of hate train going on at the time since any article that turned up in the press was negative and people really hated the cosmetic procedures she had done. None of the two recent songs charted particularly well compared to her previous hits.

StrawberryBlond
1 minute ago, PsychoMaxcara said:

I'm really mad Cheryl seemed to have scrapped her album because I LOVED Love Made Me Do It and thought Let You was a bop as well. There seemed to be some sort of hate train though at the time since any article that turned up in the press was negative and people really hated the cosmetic procedures she had done. None of the two recent songs charted particularly well compared to her previous hits.

She's got the occasional good song or two, most of them album tracks and bonus tracks. I didn't like Love Made Me Do It but I did quite like Let You. They probably would've charted so much better back in the day when she was on XF and getting so much hype. That was what majorly convinced people to buy into her back then. You'll notice how her success went downhill with every release the more the hype train died and people realised that she focused on impressive dance routines as the excuse for why she couldn't sing live and that she doesn't write the majority of her work and so on and so forth. And once the single pre-order system (which was solely responsible for 2 of her #1 singles) died out, she had no more chart success. Now she's in her late 30's, she's no longer got the youth market that she courted for so long. It's a story as old as time in the pop game. Cheryl comes from a generation of singers where being pretty was all that was needed to get success. We're well over that by this point and shows like Popstars would never produce successes like they did back when the public were more gullible. We've frequently said that if Cheryl had auditioned for XF today, she'd be lucky to make it past the audition. It's like night and day looking at how impressed the judges were back then vs how they are now. Back then, they didn't say a word about her wholly unremarkable performance, they just went on about her looks from beginning to end and then put her through, no vocal feedback whatsoever. Crazy how judges were so blatantly superficial like that without shame. Nowadays judges would rightfully be criticised if they focused entirely on an auditionee's looks instead of their voice. Times have changed and Cheryl's lucky she found fame when she did.

Archived