🔴 Limited-edition Red Vinyl 🔴

Sign in to follow this  
politics

Polish government bans legal abortion

Monsterclaw

Hi Monsters! Im starting this topic to raise awarness on what is happening in Poland. Basically, on October 22nd our  government banned the right for legal abortion, leaving thousands of Polish women unable to decide on their own body. Not only it is a pathetic attempt to cover up their mistakes during the pandemic, but also leaving women without their fundamental rights. There are protests all over the country and our vice minister is pitting us against each other, calling the protesters ,, the enemy of the nation”. If you want to learn more about this situation and how u can help, visit @cielesne at Instagram. Any help will be appreciated ❤️ 

• Like 1
  • Shook 1
  • Sad 16
  • Thanks 2

Curunir

I feel so bad for Polish women. I'm so sorry you have this government. They're an utter disgrace to Polish women and people who deserve better :bradley:

• Love 1

TimisaMonster

The way this world keeps going backwards...:bear:

Stream my new single 🔥"Dance in the Flames"🔥 on Spotify!
  • Sad 4

dit

Poland and Hungary need to be ejected out of the EU at this rate. they are going backwards in a rapid pace and deals are doing nothing to change their direction. If anything the easy and low ramifications and threats from the EU are actually emboldening them. Also the EU needs to halt the expansion of the EU for at least a good 50 years. Countries like Albania, North Macedonia, Serbia and Turkey are not ready for the EU and the EU is already facing a tough time right now and needs to focus inwards a bit more. I was excited for Albania and North Macedonia potentially joining but I really think the EU needs to refocus on it;s current members, try to strengthen their democratic values more so that each member complies and if not temporarily eject some states that do not want to comply like Hungary and Poland and see how well they do on their own. They'll come back begging to rejoin and be willing to be a lot more democratic as well. 

• Like 4
  • Love 1

PsychoMaxcara

This is very very concerning. I saw a report about this (as well as the riots in Warsaw) on TV and it legit gave me The Handmaid's Tale vibes.

• Sad 1

Cookie Tookie

When will people understand that banning abortion doesn’t work. You can disagree with the concept of abortion, but to abolish abortion that’s already legalized is ridiculous. Would you rather people take all types of pills or harm themselves to get rid of the baby, or would you rather provide resources such as adoption information, counseling, or other options that could actually make a difference... The government has no right to tell people what to do with their body. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Monsterclaw
4 minutes ago, Cookie Tookie said:

When will people understand that banning abortion doesn’t work. You can disagree with the concept of abortion, but to abolish abortion that’s already legalized is ridiculous. Would you rather people take all types of pills or harm themselves to get rid of the baby, or would you rather provide resources such as adoption information, counseling, or other options that could actually make a difference... The government has no right to tell people what to do with their body. 

This country demonizes sexual education as a ,, LGBTQ comminuty trying to poison the mind of our children” so its like talking to a wall, Sadly 😔

PsychoMaxcara

The most tragic thing is obviously how this leads to people coming up with other 'creative' ways to either perform the abortion themselves or induce it. If there's something history teaches us quite clearly it's that banning something doesn't mean people will just cease doing it. This opens up an entire can of worms of unsafe underground abortion clinics etc. 

• Like 1

Jill
3 hours ago, dit said:

Poland and Hungary need to be ejected out of the EU at this rate. they are going backwards in a rapid pace and deals are doing nothing to change their direction. If anything the easy and low ramifications and threats from the EU are actually emboldening them. Also the EU needs to halt the expansion of the EU for at least a good 50 years. Countries like Albania, North Macedonia, Serbia and Turkey are not ready for the EU and the EU is already facing a tough time right now and needs to focus inwards a bit more. I was excited for Albania and North Macedonia potentially joining but I really think the EU needs to refocus on it;s current members, try to strengthen their democratic values more so that each member complies and if not temporarily eject some states that do not want to comply like Hungary and Poland and see how well they do on their own. They'll come back begging to rejoin and be willing to be a lot more democratic as well. 

The irony of this approach is that it is technically anti-democratic. This can or cannot be applied to Poland, Jill's not sure since Jill doesn't live there, but if a conservative government were to be elected in a first world country such as France, for example, and then all of this happens there, then could the EU just expell them until they "come to their senses" or something? Like, it's not that simple.

Edited by Jill
ARIZONA IS BLUE GODDAMMIT

Biggest Bitch
7 hours ago, dit said:

I'm from Hungary, and I totally agree with this. I hate my country. :saladga:

• Love 2

dit
4 hours ago, Jill said:

The irony of this approach is that it is technically anti-democratic. This can or cannot be applied to Poland, Jill's not sure since Jill doesn't live there, but if a conservative government were to be elected in a first world country such as France, for example, and then all of this happens there, then could the EU just expell them until they "come to their senses" or something? Like, it's not that simple.

Hey Jill! How's Biden doing? :stalkga: 

I know what you're saying but the steps Poland and Hungary are doing are not just conservative. In European standards they are considered anti human rights. Also a lot of the things they are doing go against core founding tenents of the EU in regards to Human Rights. We have a whole charter of rules and regulations and we also do a thing where we monitor every year how a member state is doing in like a evaluation. Hungary and Poland have been failing miserably for years now...it's really sad. I love both nations but something drastic needs to be done so that they can get back to form.

2 minutes ago, Biggest Bitch said:

I'm from Hungary, and I totally agree with this. I hate my country. :saladga:

I personally LOVE Hungary and it's history is so interesting. Being a Uralic / Turkic nation at the heart of Europe, surrounded by Slavic and Germanic nations yet still standing tall and refusing to be assimilated after centuries. It's really amazing and showcases you guys' historic warrior spirit BUT in a way I feel like this tendency to be rebels is still seeping through even in your modern day political stances. I know so many LGBTQ+ Hungarians and they are all amazing people and they just want the country to be more open minded and I hope it happens. This is why I want the EU to be tougher on you guys just for a short period so that after that your politicians will be forced to be more open and shift you guys in a more democratic and modern direction. Love yall and plz do not hate your country. :heart: 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

papergangstas

Banning abortion will only higher the chances of women doing it somewhere abroad/illegal/unsafe or other techniques to stop their pregnancy. This makes me really, really sad :ohno:

One of me is wiser. One of me is stronger. One of me is a fighter, and there's a thousand faces of me, Army of me
  • Like 1