đź’™ HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT đź’š

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Are songs under 3 minutes the new industry standard?

PsychoMaxcara

Featured Posts

QueenGaga

F*CK I MISS GAGA SONGS WITH DRAWN OUT INSTRUMENTAL LAYERINGS AND LONG BRIDGES :spin:

If anyone listens to Madonna they’ll know the true beauty of long songs. One of her best tracks ever (Paradise/Not for me) is 6+ min long. I hope this trend dies soon Gen Z really ruined the music industry huh 

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

3-4  minutes is usually the ideal length. 2 minutes is like an intro or sth...

Contessa

It depends on the song and my mood. Sometimes I skip songs every 45 seconds and other times I listen to MTN, MJH, DITD, BR, Hair, TEOG, HML, and Swine all back to back and don’t even notice. :toofunny: But I don’t mind the trend of shorter songs a good song is a good song imo.

HausOfHarlow

I could not agree more! I loathe short songs. Learning this makes me not really look forward to Positions... I much prefer songs in the mid 3-minute range, and any/all songs over the 4:00 mark always have my attention. 

Justin Drew Bieber

Yes, and I prefer it. Whenever I listen to older Gaga songs like Hair, The Queen, The Edge Of Glory, etc I keep thinking “when will this end?” But that’s just my personal experience. I like songs that are 3:30 at the MOST, Stupid Love is a good example of the perfect song length.

holy scheisse

Sometimes I think it's great bc it's super replayable, but overall I really miss long songs. There's more time to get invested and lost in a song that way. I hope this trend isn't long lived .

PsychoMaxcara

I updated the opening post with some portions of an article published last year on The Verge which gives additional reasoning behind why shorter songs are becoming so prevalent nowadays. Looks like it first originated with rappers/Hip hop music and then it spilled over into Pop as well (which doesn't surprise me at all in Justin and Ariana's cases).

I've heard 60's and 70's songs being that short. This is nothing new to me but it is absolutely more recurrent now

Summerboi14

TUN and Sweetener are short too. I don't mind short songs anymore. You can still have a lot of feelings in a short song.

shoful

I hate short songs. Its like half of a song. Most of the times the chorus isn’t flushed out. There’s no bridge. A verse is missing. It’s ridiculous that you can call yourself an “artist” but still conform to this commercial **** that’s happening. So happy that Madonna pulled her head out of her ass for Madame X and delivered a bunch of long songs :tony:  also excited that Kylie’s new album only has one shorter than 3 minutes  

"My name is Dita, I'll be your Mistress tonight..."

CyanDante

I was watching an ARTPOP reaction the other day, and the guy just went on and on to how long the songs were.:saladga:

A song with length around 4 minutes was apparently too long for him. :messga:

I'm not very good with Social Mediaᵀᴹ

PsychoMaxcara
9 hours ago, CyanDante said:

I was watching an ARTPOP reaction the other day, and the guy just went on and on to how long the songs were.:saladga:

A song with length around 4 minutes was apparently too long for him. :messga:

This is my problem exactly, you keep shortening songs and before you know it 2 minutes will be considered borefest for the ADHD ridden society

Yes, we have ton of music to listen to in our day and age and it's easier than it's ever been since world's music is literally at your fingertip, but does that mean listening to music has to go from qualitative to quantitative? Serious question. I feel like so many of my friends are just superficial listeners, they never dig deeper under the surface of a song, they don't really care about the lyrical content, they just want a ""chill"" beat they can unwind to. And fair enough, there has been and always will be music for this crowd, but when it becomes the standard in the industry, that's when you know we're all royally screwed.

An album like Born This Way or ARTPOP (arguably Gaga's best records to date) would never see the light of day in today's streaming climate and that's incredibly sad. 

MadreMonster
14 hours ago, QueenGaga said:

F*CK I MISS GAGA SONGS WITH DRAWN OUT INSTRUMENTAL LAYERINGS AND LONG BRIDGES :spin:

If anyone listens to Madonna they’ll know the true beauty of long songs. One of her best tracks ever (Paradise/Not for me) is 6+ min long. I hope this trend dies soon Gen Z really ruined the music industry huh 

You should be blaming the generation that created streaming and not the generation simply using the tools they grew up with.

Archived