🎄 Spotify Playlist 🎄

Sign in to follow this  
politics

Trump plans massive ad buy in Minnesota after best fundraising day

LateToCult

President Trump's campaign had its best-ever online fundraising day and plans to invest heavily on the airwaves in Minnesota in the closing days before the election.

The Trump campaign says it will plow some of its new resources into a large ad buy in Minnesota, which has not gone for the Republican presidential nominee since 1972.

"The new buy is going to be a heavy buy. I emphasize heavy," Stepien said. "You won't be able to turn on the TV without seeing a Trump ad."

Trump fell short in Minnesota in 2016 by only 44,000 votes despite not campaigning or spending on the airwaves there. This time around, the campaign says it has 60 staffers on the ground.

The campaign says it had been up in the state as part of its national ad buy that covered Minnesota but will begin with a local ad blitz starting next week, when Vice President Pence plans to visits the state.

Republicans say there's been a broad cultural shift away from Democrats in the rural parts of the state, underscored by the half-dozen former Democratic mayors in the Iron Range that announced their support for Trump earlier this year.

The Trump campaign believes backlash against the destructive elements of the racial justice protests that began in Minneapolis following the police killing of George Floyd will drive GOP turnout among suburban voters in the Twin Cities, potentially tipping the state red for the first time in decades.

full story: https://www.google.com/amp/s/thehill.com/homenews/campaign/522456-trump-campaign-sets-online-fundraising-record-plans-heavy-ad-buy-in-minn%3famp

PartySick

Biden's up by 10+ points in every poll there though :huh:

He should be using that money on Georgia, Florida, Pennsylvania, and North Carolina tbh. Cause as soon as Biden wins one of those, it's pretty much over.

I'm dreaming of going somewhere else. Being human.
  • Like 1

gabeoz
4 minutes ago, PartySick said:

He should be using that money on Georgia, Florida, Pennsylvania, and North Carolina tbh. Cause as soon as Biden wins one of those, it's pretty much over.

Exactly. I keep seeing talk about MN from republican but it doesnt make any since, polling in the state remains consistent with a huge lead for Biden. PA's gap is widening again and Trump is going to have a hard time getting NC, especially considering how fast the urban areas in the state are growing. Idgi :oprah: 

Edited by gabeoz

LateToCult
5 minutes ago, PartySick said:

1 minute ago, gabeoz said:

Exactly. I keep seeing talk about MN from republican but it doesnt make any since, polling in the state just keeps going up. PA's gap is widening again and Trump is going to have a hard time getting NC, especially considering how fast the urban areas in the state are growing. Idgi :oprah: 

Maybe his camp’s district polling in Minnesota is showing he’s gaining some support in the northern counties? At this point in the race statewide polls can miss these kind of small shifts. 2016 is proof of that. 
Either way it’s something that’s interesting because he’s strapped on cash so there has to be a good reason to put so much of his money there.

TimisaMonster

As if that will do anything!

You're too late!

the little mermaid evil laugh GIF

Stream my new single 🔥"Dance in the Flames"🔥 on Spotify!
  • Like 1
  • LMAO 2

Brainiac

Minnesota is not going red lol.

Fresco

I think they are after the senate seat too. Jason Lewis did conservative talk radio entertainment and is running as the republican candidate for senate. I'm a little concerned he could flip the seat red. Trump comes to campaign with Lewis.

JusKeepBreathin

How? His campaign is dead ass broke. 

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -Martin Luther King Jr.

Taylucifer
2 hours ago, PartySick said:

don't give him advice:stalkga:

BLACKPINK's new album, 'The Album' is out now!

FATCAT

This is either a long-shot to replace Winsconson/Michigan/Penn or someone in his campaign knows he's doomed and wants Republicans to do better down ballot in Minnesota.

*𝘱𝘰𝘱* *𝘱𝘰𝘱* *𝘱𝘰𝘱* *𝘱𝘰𝘱* *𝘱𝘰𝘱* *𝘱𝘰𝘱* *𝘱𝘰𝘱* *𝘱𝘰𝘱* *𝘱𝘰𝘱* *𝘱𝘰𝘱* *𝘱𝘰𝘱* *𝘱𝘰𝘱* *𝘱𝘰𝘱* *𝘱𝘰𝘱*

GregJA
2 hours ago, PartySick said:

When will you all realize don’t believe the polls!

ever

periodt

Mr. No Award Winner 2020

Lion Heart

Everyone keeps overlooking this: 

Trump fell short in Minnesota in 2016 by only 44,000 votes despite not campaigning or spending on the airwaves there. This time around, the campaign says it has 60 staffers on the ground.

Now whether or not this was an anti-Clinton vote, I'm not sure. Hillary got obliterated in the Democrat Primaries in the Midwest, and then subsequently went on to lose WI, PA, IA, and MI to Trump. MN was also at the center of the George Floyd protests/ riots, and I can see many suburban voters either switching to Trump or not voting for Democrats because of that. Now 2018 was a good year for MN Democrats for the most part, but so much has happened and I'm not sure what to expect..

lady siwa
5 minutes ago, Lion Heart said:

I can see many suburban voters either switching to Trump or not voting for Democrats because of that

The large majority of suburban voters in the Midwest voted for Trump in 2016 and from what I’ve seen this year it seems like he’s losing rather then gaining any footing with this demo this year