Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
music news

Lana Del Rey teasing COCC video

Lona Delery

Featured Posts

14 minutes ago, alsemanche said:

Wait she really captioned it  "Suck it" im- :nooo:

They are Vampires, so sucking Blood

The future's uncertain and the end is always near.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
alsemanche
1 hour ago, Sister said:

They are Vampires, so sucking Blood

no they are sucking COCC DUH :derpga:

Soft, soothing, and succulent

1 hour ago, Phlop said:

Something about the heteronormality of the lyrics. Knowing her platform I would’ve preferred if she acknowledged her non-binary and gender fluid fans that might not connect with this song. 

Lana is one of the most autobiographical music artists out there. She is a hetero woman. I would argue the personal nature of her lyricism actually makes it less heteronormative as it does not claim universatility because her words stay in her own frame of experience.

1 hour ago, Phlop said:

Something about the heteronormality of the lyrics. Knowing her platform I would’ve preferred if she acknowledged her non-binary and gender fluid fans that might not connect with this song. 

What?

NichuuB
58 minutes ago, Phlop said:

She could say “let me love you like a human being” or “person”. Or even just “let me love you”.

I just don’t think a lot of our community can connect with this song

But she is a woman, and the music is about her, not about you. There are musics that have neutral genders. Obligating everyone follow this agenda is a disservice for the movement, cause you are just acting as a joke.:triggered:

Property of @Whale

berlinforme

Why would one have the expectation that one must be able to relate to everything? That has nothing to do with inclusion but with a false sense of entitlement. 

1 hour ago, Phlop said:

She could say “let me love you like a human being” or “person”. Or even just “let me love you”.

I just don’t think a lot of our community can connect with this song

Then do it, do a song like that. But artists are not now going to change pronouns it's ridiculous. Listen to an artist u can relate to tho. 

whateveradore

Not y'all being pressed with how she sees herself and presents her lyrics.
If you can't relate to it due to the gender that is being portrayed in this song, then you can't relate to it period... move on and go listen to what do makes you feel good.
Imagine not being able to decode gender construct in a song to relate to it,  lesbians listening to Gaga singing "disco stick" while referring to a penis and gays listening to "bluffing with my muffin" in reference to a vagina, can't relate.

QueenMortuana

I'm so excited to see this video! And hear the song. I didn't expect a vampiric experience but I'm here for it. 

Let me love you like to piece of sh*t I am :ally:

But I'm really excited for the video. I mean beautiful vampires and also released in time for halloween? - perfect :firega:

trust is like a mirror, you can fix it if it's broken but you can still see the crack in that ************s reflection.

Wolf Boy
2 hours ago, Phlop said:

God you’re embarrassing 

Archived