other

Suggest bearable metal songs

Lighter

Featured Posts

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Grigio Guy

Are you looking for Metal or more Industrial sound? Marilyn Manson is a great place to start. Mechanical Animals is more glam rock, and then you can go into Golden Age of Grotesque, and then Antichrist Superstar is where the real industrial/metal comes in.

mítin Maiden is also a really good place to start! Their music tends to be long though, which might give you a headache. If you have Apple Music, I would go to their essentials playlist and start there.

if you’re looking for more pop/industrial,metal Porecelain Black and Grimes will be able to help you with that. PB and the tramps is the sh*t and so is We Appreciate Power by Grimes.

Religion is a product to sell.

Mavis Gary

The Golden Age Of Grotesque by Marilyn Manson was the first album that got me into metal music and completely changed my whole life, musically, because it opened up a whole world of music to me that I pretty much disregarded before it. This Is The New Sh*t, mOBSCENE and Doll Dagga Buzz Buzz Ziggety Zag are three great beat driven tracks that should make the transition easy.

I'd also recommend the mainline Slipknot songs: Wait And Bleed, Left Behind, My Plague, Duality, Psychosocial, All Out Life & Unsainted are incredible songs and more melodic than some of the deeper cuts.

Speaking of melodic, if you're preferring more melodic music with female vocals, Nightwish would be great for you. Listen to 'Nemo' and/or 'Wish I Had An Angel' from the album 'Once' and see if you can vibe with them.

I really enjoy Arch Enemy too but they may be a bit much for you. If you do wanna go there though, try 'Nemesis' or 'We Will Rise'.

That's just what I kinda like anyway. Good luck!

Pharamon

How dare you insult the best genre like that 

But for starters I would suggest anything by Metallica or Iron Maiden

Mavis Gary
5 minutes ago, Pharamon said:

How dare you insult the best genre like that 

But for starters I would suggest anything by Metallica or Iron Maiden

I love Brave New World so much :golfclap:

giskardsb

A Good "transitional" band for pop fans interested in exploring hard rock/metal would be The Pretty Reckless.   They are a legit great band but their music still has a bit of pop melodic sensibility.

Born This Way

I'd say Mechanical Animals by Marilyn Manson. Like that other guy said, it's glam rock that still has like a metal tinge and it's a good place to start for Marilyn Manson.

I'd also like to say In This Moment because they're a metal band with a woman as the vocalist but idk if it might be kinda abrasive and give you a headache :bradley:

Reset my mind's IP, delete what I don't need

Lord Temptation

Man, you gotta go back to the age of classic metal to appreciate it’s genesis from obscure origins in the late 60s to the New Wave of British Heavy Metal in the late 70s and early 80s, to mainstream pop status by the late 80s.

Led Zeppelin II - Led Zeppelin

Machine Head - Deep Purple

Black Sabbath - Black Sabbath

Back in Black - AC/DC

British Steel - Judas Priest

Ace of Spades - Motorhead

Van Halen - Van Halen

Imaginos - Blue Oyster Cult

High ‘n’ Dry - Def Leppard

The Number of the Beast - Iron Maiden

But probably favourite metal song to play to people who say they hate metal is Sister Christian by Night Ranger. It’s a ballad and it has a sound sort of between heavy metal and progressive rock. 

Evanescence are a good way to ease in, as they have pop melodies and its not as hard and intense as many rock sounds. But they're not metal.

RAMROD
9 hours ago, Lighter said:

I wanna try to get into the genre but I don’t wanna have a headache 

:giggle:

Try symphonic and prog metal

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ unknown.. despair.. a lost (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

Archived