💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Gaga doesn’t owe us anything

Biggest Bitch

Featured Posts

Quartz

Love the entitlement. Looking at Gaga as a thing as opposed to a person with thoughts, feelings, and limits will do that to a person. :ohwell:

Inside, we are really made the same. 🕊

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ballerios

tbh why everyday a thread like this always popped up lol ..

just get over it .. there is no promo.. a good album with a shitty era just remember it lol it doesn't have to affect your life .. and yeah she doesn't owe us anything so let it go .. and yeah she's gettin old ..

Biggest Bitch
18 minutes ago, Divine said:

Lady Gaga Opens Up About Past Suicidal Thoughts And Hating Being Famous

'I hated being a star. I felt exhausted and used up.'

"but without us she wouldn’t be that rich, famous and critically acclaimed." Also without us, she might be mentally stable and carefree :huntyga:

Nobody forced her to be a star. I feel bad for her, and I hope she will be okay, but it was her choice 

Glamourpuss
1 minute ago, Biggest Bitch said:

Nobody forced her to be a star. I feel bad for her, and I hope she will be okay, but it was her choice 

She knows she chose this life but can't help how she feels. Trauma takes over her sometimes and messes with her fight or flight response. It can make you relive past experiences and make you feel frozen. She can't control those feelings and she calls it torture in Replay. 

Bolkins
5 minutes ago, Biggest Bitch said:

I’m sure fame is super hard at times, but let’s not deny that Gaga laps it up and actually very much enjoys being rich and famous. If she was an artist like Bjork or something and didn’t make a fuss over her projects and it’s all about expression and art then fine but that isn’t the case. Most of Gaga’s projects have the intent of being commercially successful, making an impact and ultimately to make money. If she really hated fame she wouldn’t be motivated by any of those things. 

Prostitute Barbie

But what does she owe us. It’s not like she works for us and that we pay her every month to continuously give us something in return. She puts out albums and we can choose to buy them. She puts out videos and we can choose to watch them. She puts out makeup and you can choose to order it if you want. As long as you get what you spent money on, then that’s all you’re owed. Whatever else she chooses to do or not to do is up to her and her alone. 

Head Empty
59 minutes ago, Biggest Bitch said:

We’re buying her CDs, we are watching her videos, we are talking about her, of course she does owe us. This won’t be popular, but without us she wouldn’t be that rich, famous and critically acclaimed. :trollga:

For buying her CDs, you get music.
By watching her videos, you get entertainment.
By talking about her, you get to be part of a community that she enabled.

You became a fan because she put in effort. The sole reason this forum is even a thing*, is because she worked her ass off to create something worth discussing. How about we just show some gratitude for that?

And yes, being a fan should be a two way street. But acting as if we've done more for her than she's done for us? That's just childish, short-sighted and ungrateful.

(*No shade or disrespect to Admin :haroon:)

MJHolland

Sis that's not really how an artist's relationship works with their fans..

We mutually support her and she supports us. But we don't "owe" each other anything per se 

Head Empty
32 minutes ago, Biggest Bitch said:

As if she knew everything that would happen, or the implications it would have :laughga:.

Besides, her becoming a star must've been a rollercoaster. Once Just Dance became big, I doubt she really had the perspective or the agency to "decide" what her future would be.

MJHolland
1 hour ago, Biggest Bitch said:

I see this sentence a lot on GGD. Am I the only one who don’t agree with this? Of course her talent is the biggest reason why she’s so famous, but there are plenty of other talented singers who disappeared, thanks to their fans. We’re buying her CDs, we are watching her videos, we are talking about her, of course she does owe us. This won’t be popular, but without us she wouldn’t be that rich, famous and critically acclaimed. :trollga:

You also have to consider Gaga's mental state. If she feels like she "owes" us some particular kind of art, she's not going to be able to create that art from an authentic place and it probably won't be any good because of it. 

Gaga's music is the best when it comes from an organic place, not a contrived one. I fear that if Gaga felt this way, the quality of her art would suffer. 

Curunir
2 hours ago, Biggest Bitch said:

Your username is very appropriate.

I hope you never have to go through what she did/does.

Edit: to clarify, what you said is utterly inconsiderate in her context specifically. You think she wanted or "it was her choice" to have fibromyalgia, body pain, depression and suicidal ideation? That's what being a star brought to her. She could've never known. She didn't sign up for any of that.

Yet some of you have the nerve to say that she owes you anything. Everything she gives us, you can get for free. If you choose to spend money on her, that's on you.

She doesn't owe you ѕhit.

giskardsb
1 hour ago, Biggest Bitch said:

I see this sentence a lot on GGD. Am I the only one who don’t agree with this? Of course her talent is the biggest reason why she’s so famous, but there are plenty of other talented singers who disappeared, thanks to their fans. We’re buying her CDs, we are watching her videos, we are talking about her, of course she does owe us. This won’t be popular, but without us she wouldn’t be that rich, famous and critically acclaimed. :trollga:

Fans don't get to take credit for Gaga being "critically acclaimed", sorry.   Gaga is the one that brought the hard work, training, and talent into the picture and put herself in position to share her work.    Gaga created Gaga fans, not the other way around.

Archived