Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Stop asking for promo

Featured Posts

Suspiria
14 minutes ago, JOSHMATICA said:

I just double checked and it's not as if Gaga is the only one, Taylor and Katy both haven't really done much since releasing there albums. Gaga just seems to get everything 10x harder.

Have you never been on twitter or any fansites other than GGD?

Katy/her label is getting it way harder than Gaga despite the fact she actually did a tonne of promo while being heavily pregnant/recently giving birth:toofunny: And Taylor stans have been begging for a new video since the album was released.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There's no point in promoting something if people don't show interest.

Chromatica has sold well compared to her previous albums, but not compared to other artists' albums.

Most importantly, SL had a relatively poor chart performance. ROM did that well thanks to AG. 

Gaga has paid dearly for media overexposure in the past, and has learned her lesson.

There will be better times, but recovering from what her public image went through during ARTPOP will take time. Chromatica has been a big step in the right direction. 

Suspiria
21 minutes ago, JOSHMATICA said:

Honestly, it's sounding like a broken record at this point. If you wanna listen to Chromatica listen if you don't then don't, the album won either way :bye:

20 minutes ago, tomsches said:

Yes! I don't understand people's obsession with promo. You can listen to the album as many times as you want regardless of how many times she posts on Instagram 

Being a Gaga fan has never just been about the music though. Honestly like 50% or more of her entertainment value comes from the live performances, visuals/music videos and looks.

Given that every other album era (including Joanne, as much as people like to deny it) was given roughly a year long period of consistent live performances, cohesive looks/photoshoots and MVs spread over that time, it makes sense that fans want that for Chromatica.

And above all Chromatica is her best work since BTW, the music/visuals/looks/concepts have SO much potential. It would be such a shame for it to not get the treatment it deserves:selena:

MaMaMarryTheNight
4 minutes ago, Papaolo said:

Gaga has paid dearly for media overexposure in the past, and has learned her lesson.

So this means she learned to not promote at all? :bear:

⚔️💖 THE PAID PARTNERSHIPS CONTINUE💖⚔️

Nothing better than fans telling other fans what to do! 

who will love me when the night is over

10 minutes ago, MaMaMarryTheNight said:

So this means she learned to not promote at all? :bear:

Lol, she learned that more promotion doesn't necessarily mean better results. In fact, you can get the opposite or even make you obnoxious in the public eye. And once you have the public or the press against you, getting back on top is very difficult. 

Moreover, during the pandemic she would have been seen as self-centered, if she had done more promotion than she did. Unfortunately, as you all know, it takes very little for her to be attacked and targeted again. She has to be careful and not make any missteps.

ShayCristoforo

I would love some distanced face-masked performances. But I'm ok with what we've received, given the circumstances. 

Get the pinot ready, because it's turtle time.

25 minutes ago, Papaolo said:

There's no point in promoting something if people don't show interest.

Chromatica has sold well compared to her previous albums, but not compared to other artists' albums.

Most importantly, SL had a relatively poor chart performance. ROM did that well thanks to AG. 

There will be better times, but recovering from what her public image went through during ARTPOP will take time. Chromatica has been a big step in the right direction. 

And thats why you promote your album 

To gain interest from the GP :poot:

툭 까보면 어김없이 소리질러와

MaMaMarryTheNight
15 minutes ago, Papaolo said:

Lol, she learned that more promotion doesn't necessarily mean better results. In fact, you can get the opposite or even make you obnoxious in the public eye. And once you have the public or the press against you, getting back on top is very difficult. 

Moreover, during the pandemic she would have been seen as self-centered, if she had done more promotion than she did. Unfortunately, as you all know, it takes very little for her to be attacked and targeted again. She has to be careful and not make any missteps.

Oh come on stop using that pandemic excuse! Literally SO MANY artists still do concerts, promo whatsoever. I don’t think she will get targeted if she does the same especially under those circumstances 

⚔️💖 THE PAID PARTNERSHIPS CONTINUE💖⚔️

CHROMATICON

I think Chromatica is not the album any label would want to put heavy promo on. At the beggining I'm pretty sure Gaga had a lot of hope for the album's success but after the whole COVID situation + protests, plans cancelled and the medium to poor commercial reception to her higly anticipated dance lead comeback, the label and Gaga herself decided to not go for the hard promo route, and to be honest, I don't see any song from the album having any type of commercial success. Rain On Me debuted at #1 for the hype and despite being featuring Ariana Grande and having a very mainstream dance sound, people just don't care much about dance music anymore so it didn't stick.

Gaga will find way more success going adult contemporary as we saw with ASIB, people really love that Gaga. Also, I think Gaga could start making more Rock/Pop music a la Miley and she will do very good with it, I'm sure.

At this point Chromatica is just dead, it has no active single, no promo, she barely mentions it every month and then dips, not to mention is about to fall of the top 100 on BB 200. If we get more videos, it's gonna be just gifts for the fans, I doubt they have any more intentions to keep promoting it unless they re-release it, which at this point I don't see it happening either.

Reality
57 minutes ago, tomsches said:

Yes! I don't understand people's obsession with promo. You can listen to the album as many times as you want regardless of how many times she posts on Instagram 

I mean, I'm one of those people who finds it annoying when fans ask about promo 24/7, but I also think people are kidding themselves when they say, "Who cares about promo?! Promo means nothing! Just listen to the album if you want to!"

Like, are y'all gonna sit here and tell me that the promo she did serve for Chromatica meant nothing to you? The VMAs? The photoshoots? The music videos? The different interviews? Especially for an album like Chromatica, it deserves all the promo it can get. 

🃏🖤👹

Archived