🎄 December Fan Mail 🎄

Sign in to follow this  
charts

Rain On Me set to place at #46 in the year-end BB chart

Yxilon

That's it. Right now it's at #41 but it will surpassed by the following songs: Laugh Now Cry Later, Go Crazy, If The World Was Ending, For The Night, Come And Go.

Everything could be everything (it could mean anything)
  • Like 7
  • YAAAS 1
  • Sad 1

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
ConnorFilm

Applause was #37 at BB’s year-end chart and Paparazzi was #53. Shallow was #19.

 

Just for some perspective. :)

Edited by ConnorFilm
Twitter: @ConnorBehrens/Instagram: @ConnorBehrens
  • Like 7
  • Love 2
  • Shook 1
  • Sad 1

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sepsami

I wonder where Blinding Lights will be?

Spoiler

And what about Stupid Love :poot:

 

  • Like 1
  • LMAO 2

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dulo Peep

I will keep my mouth shut before @Animal Claws choose to verbally, textually, visually abuse me and bully me again.

 

  • LMAO 6

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
JRCF29

Only one thing to do: Stream!

Don't Call Me Gaga

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
ConnorFilm

How Gaga's top 10 singles/songs have charted on the BB year-end chart. 

 

Just Dance (2009) - #3

Poker Face (2009) - #2

Love Game (2009) - #35

Paparazzi (2009) - #53

Bad Romance (2010) - #8

Telephone (2010) - #16

Alejandro (2010) - #33

Born This Way (2011) - #18

Judas - Don't think it charted? 

The Edge of Glory (2011) - #29

You & I (2011) - #71

Applause (2013) - #37

Dope - Didn't chart

Million Reasons - Don't think it charted? 

Shallow (2019) - #19

Stupid Love (2020) - unknown

Rain on Me (2020) - likely 45-50 range. 

Just for some perspective.

Edited by ConnorFilm
Twitter: @ConnorBehrens/Instagram: @ConnorBehrens
  • Like 3

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
ConnorFilm
8 minutes ago, Sepsami said:

I wonder where Blinding Lights will be?

  Hide contents

And what about Stupid Love :poot:

 

SL probably won't reach the top 100 of the year-end chart. And I assume BL will be #1. 

Twitter: @ConnorBehrens/Instagram: @ConnorBehrens

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
ConnorFilm
4 minutes ago, ConnorFilm said:

How Gaga's top 10 singles/songs have charted on the BB year-end chart. 

 

Just Dance (2009) - #3

Poker Face (2009) - #2

Love Game (2009) - #35

Paparazzi (2009) - #53

Bad Romance (2010) - #8

Telephone (2010) - #16

Alejandro (2010) - #33

Born This Way (2011) - #18

Judas - Don't think it charted? 

The Edge of Glory (2011) - #29

You & I (2011) - #71

Applause (2013) - #37

Dope - Didn't chart

Million Reasons - Don't think it charted? 

Shallow (2019) - #19

Stupid Love (2020) - unknown

Rain on Me (2020) - likely 45-50 range. 

Just for some perspective.

Comparing to her past singles, ROM basically performed in the U.S. around the range of Paparazzi and You & I. Cute hit but not a mammoth SMASH like PF, JD, BR or even Shallow. 

Twitter: @ConnorBehrens/Instagram: @ConnorBehrens

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
Eggs

We can console ourselves with the fact that it likely did better in other music territories. The US is not a particularly receptive market to Gaga's brand of dance-pop, we been knew. 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
ConnorFilm
18 minutes ago, Eggs said:

We can console ourselves with the fact that it likely did better in other music territories. The US is not a particularly receptive market to Gaga's brand of dance-pop, we been knew. 

Agreed. While she initially brought back dance-pop, the genre has wavered in popularity in recent years. What will likely work best for her in the US market going forward is more of a Pink/Kelly Clarkson sound similar to Shallow. Even a slightly less dance beat like TEOG could do wonders for her. 
 

I don’t think she’s ever going to have huge success with a straight-up dance pop song again. Thankfully, she’s never been one to stay in one box when it comes to genres and sound. 

Edited by ConnorFilm
Twitter: @ConnorBehrens/Instagram: @ConnorBehrens
  • Like 1

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
TimisaMonster

Well its not THAT bad but could have done better with more promo but oh well

Stream my new single 🔥"Dance in the Flames"🔥 on Spotify!
  • Like 1

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
The Clown

How does this chart work? Does it track the actual numbers behind every song that charted that year (i.e.: total sales/streams/airplay) or does it track the chart positions themselves (i.e. Bad Romance will chart lower than some hit that sold less/had less airplay that year, but did not get cockblocked by Tik Tok for that #1 spot)?

  • Thanks 1

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
Eggs
1 hour ago, ConnorFilm said:

Agreed. While she initially brought back dance-pop, the genre has wavered in popularity in recent years. What will likely work best for her in the US market going forward is more of a Pink/Kelly Clarkson sound similar to Shallow. Even a slightly less dance beat like TEOG could do wonders for her. 
 

I don’t think she’s ever going to have huge success with a straight-up dance pop song again. Thankfully, she’s never been one to stay in one box when it comes to genres and sound. 

If I were Gaga right now, I'd pivot into focusing on making really good, critic-baiting albums, without worrying too much about singles charts success. I'd hate for her to water-down her sound in order to chase either pop or HAC hits. Gaga's in a place where she doesn't really need hits to be relevant, especially if she continues to solidify her reputation as a highly accomplished all-round entertainer. She can always hop on collabs if she needs a cute hit.

I'd love her to have her Lemonade moment.

Edited by Eggs
  • Like 2
  • YAAAS 2

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
ConnorFilm
22 minutes ago, Eggs said:

If I were Gaga right now, I'd pivot into focusing on making really good, critic-baiting albums, without worrying too much about singles charts success. I'd hate for her to water-down her sound in order to chase either pop or HAC hits. Gaga's in a place where she doesn't really need hits to be relevant, especially if she continues to solidify her reputation as a highly accomplished all-round entertainer. She can always hop on collabs if she needs a cute hit.

I'd love her to have her Lemonade moment.

Got to say, I was shocked when Chromatica became her highest-rated album on Metacritic, but in hindsight, critics can definitely pick up on when a person is being honest or not. Alot of the themes discussed in Chromatica, no matter what it sounds like, is very honest/raw to the issues she had been going through. If she remains honest in her music she’s going to have a fine career.

I mean, what you say is true, too. The woman has nearly 20 top 10 Hits. Gaga doesn’t need hits or cute, quick singles to be relevant anymore. 

Edited by ConnorFilm
Twitter: @ConnorBehrens/Instagram: @ConnorBehrens
  • Like 1

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
Yxilon

Others that were not mentioned:

 

Judas #109 (2011)

Do What U Want #84 (2014)

Million Reasons #102 (2017)

The Cure #126 (2017)

Stupid Love #115-125 (2020)

Everything could be everything (it could mean anything)
  • Like 1

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...