💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Dua wants to be the next Madonna. Can she?

QueenGaga

Featured Posts

3 minutes ago, QueenGaga said:

Guys I think you’re misunderstanding the question at hand. Personally I feel Dua’s whole career wont even be as iconic as a single Madonna era ala Erotica/LAP/ROL/COADF. I’m asking whether u guys think her talent lives up to her ambition 

That’s mostly my point : I don’t think so. She’s good, I absolutely adore FN but she’s just good. Madonna is a cultural phenomenon that goes way further than pop music. 

I don’t see Dua becoming a generational icon when she hardly can dance, had a very, very basic debut album, and is producing ok MVs only. Her voice is nice but nothing outstanding either. Really the best you can give her is making catchy tunes and having a good aesthetic vision. Those make for a middle of the road pop star, not a legend like Madonna.

What I appreciate is she has good influences and knowledge of past pop culture, but instead of taking it a notch further, I feel like she’s diluting it.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, QueenGaga said:

Guys I think you’re misunderstanding the question at hand. Personally I feel Dua’s whole career wont even be as iconic as a single Madonna era ala Erotica/LAP/ROL/COADF. I’m asking whether u guys think her talent lives up to her ambition 

Oh! Well yeah, I do think shes talented enough to live up to her ambition. I think she grew a lot as an artist and performer since her debut to FN, for me everthing she released for the album was a serve (even Club Future Nostalgia, but lets not go there :stalkga:), and she has proven to be a hard worker, and besides, I feel like she has a very likeable and relatable personality. So yeah, I think she can and probably will have a great career.

Its not a fedora u f*ck

No. Madonna's career/success will remain unmatched. Her ambition & desire to be on top, her fearless & fierce personnality, creativity and work ethic, will to push boundaries... for 30+ years has not been matched since she debuted.

Also, because of social medias, it's very hard to be loved for a long time. It's easy to suffer from overexposure, hate bandwagons and being cancelled because of anything.

It's not even about Dua being a bad artist or whatever, it's just that Madonna was on a level that we'll see only once in our lifetime

KingRedd

No, but she will be great at being Dua Lipa lmao. Madonna in her prime had stage presence unmatched by anyone besides Michael and Janet Jackson. Dua Lipa has to grow in that area. 
fan dancing GIF

May I Read You? 😎

“Maybe if i dismiss this successful person for at least one fleeting moment ill forget ill never have that success in the field i worship so much!” -how you sound lol

KindnessPunk

It’s times like this where I’m proud of Gaga for making sure her career was completely her own. She never felt the pressure to conform to a pop career. She’s a Free Woman :pawsup:

Edit: she definitely felt the pressure but never gave in

She’s successful but where’s the controversies? The constant headlines? The scintillating fashion moments? You need more than just Spotify streams to be an icon like Madonna. 

KURUSHITOVSKA

First of all, Madonna was a dancer, Dua can't dance. Also Madonna had that attitude that made her conqueer the world, Dua even lacks stage presence. There won't be a next Madonna just like there can't be a next anyone. Madonna's legacy is not replaceable, she's in history books, not on Teen Vogue. With no shade, but Dua Lipa hasn't put anything special or different to the game.

ÂżQuĂŠ currĂ­culum tiene ĂŠsta tarĂĄntula?

The phrase next___ sounds so awful. Imagine someone saying to you ww found the next you...

As the legend Mariah once said I'm still alive hello (when she was asked if Ari is the next Mariah). :bear:

TSUNAMI

Mediocre singing - checked.

Dancing - unchecked.

Legend level - far from it. 

Madonna reinvented an era, same as Gaga, same as MJ, as Bowie, as Stewie Wonder, as other legends that really add some value and push the envelope in some way. Dua is cute and nice and I say that she's able to do it but is currently far from it. 

QueenGaga
5 hours ago, Jed said:

“Maybe if i dismiss this successful person for at least one fleeting moment ill forget ill never have that success in the field i worship so much!” -how you sound lol

I’ve no intention of being a pop star, only an artist maybe. I’m not pulling a comparison out of thin air. Dua made the comparison herself. Personally I believe Dua lacks everything Madonna has, which is my opinion observing Dua early into her prime years. What I asked was what you guys think. Will Dua’s ambition to be the next Madonna be successful? 

QueenGaga
3 minutes ago, COOOK said:

Isn't this Gwen Stefani on the left?

It’s Madonna for Versace 1995 I think 

girl....

Dua is talented and is carving her own lane. Madonna is a unique artist that cannot be replicated and her longevity will not be matched I think ever by another female artist but I think Dua will have a brilliant career. 

Also Dua definitely was more so talking about Madonna's career trajectory...as in like she wants to have a long and fulfilling career like Madonna. Who wouldn't? I dont think she's saying she is the next Madonna or that it is likely her career will be like that. She's just vocalizing her ambitions which is really nice. Female artists are often made to be humble when they discuss success. Dua blatantly wants it to be known that she wants to have a huge and long career like Madonna. I say we should support that instead of attempting to shade her or to cause a hate train on her on a Gaga fan site (which has become increasingly viscious towards other female artists...especially young up and comers). 

• Admin locked this topic

Archived