💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

How to get the motivation to complete work?

Hyperballad

Featured Posts

Hyperballad

Hello gheyz, so this entire year, I’ve been struggling with my undiagnosed adhd, severe depression, and bipolar disorder (add in things like bulimia, gender dysphoria, and ocd :air:). And a month ago, I started my online classes for my junior year of high school. My grades have always fluctuated from good to bad to excellent to terrible. :derpga:

Anyways, this entire year I’ve been in a total slump and have not had any motivation to do anything lmao. My grades are slipping and the work just keeps piling on and on. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to get the motivation to complete my work? Thanks a lot, happy halloween! :firega:

SpicyTomato

Hey :) You're not alone, a loooot of people are struggling right now, including myself. Covid-19 world is hard enough to deal with but add on mental illness and it becomes even harder.

Are you in therapy? They can provide you with help, including medication, to help with a lot of these symptoms. I have OCD as well and medication management is usually first line treatment for this disorder; it can ravage our lives if we don't have access to any. Therapists can also provide you with temporary medical leave from school if you need it, so that you can take a break just to focus on your mental health. There are a lot of options.

Hyperballad
6 minutes ago, SpicyTomato said:

Hey :) You're not alone, a loooot of people are struggling right now, including myself. Covid-19 world is hard enough to deal with but add on mental illness and it becomes even harder.

Are you in therapy? They can provide you with help, including medication, to help with a lot of these symptoms. I have OCD as well and medication management is usually first line treatment for this disorder; it can ravage our lives if we don't have access to any. Therapists can also provide you with temporary medical leave from school if you need it, so that you can take a break just to focus on your mental health. There are a lot of options.

I really do want to be in therapy. My problem is that I guess I’m to ashamed or scared to ask for any sort of help and show any vulnerability. :(

Although, as my problems start to worsen, I’m trying to bring myself to ask for help and accept it! :)

holy scheisse

Discipline > motivation

Imo waiting for motivation is useless bc it might not magically show up. You gotta discipline yourself and set small goals to tackle the overall grander goal. Set aside chunks of time to do work for each of your classes and spread it out so it's not overwhelming? Maybe? Good luck xoxo

Bradley

I'm such a workaholic I'm trying to convince myself to slow down and actually take breaks for myself. :smh:

Where is LG7

sign up for therapy when you think you yourself need it, no pressure, just one step at a time..

If you can, think about the time and leisure and savings you could earn from your work...

relax, have coffee, unwind a little bit, go to the gym and release stress and work anxiety,

these help me become more motivated in completing my tasks, 

sending you light and motivation! we can do this

follow your dreams motivation GIF

2 hours ago, SpicyTomato said:

I have OCD as well and medication management is usually first line treatment for this disorder; it can ravage our lives if we don't have access to any.

Not everyone, again these things are very personal and depend on the person. I take no medication for my ADD and OCD thats why i say that

u should use a timer, work for 15min, stop for 5min and do that until u complete with a surprise at the end as a reward. Its what I do. I also use a backgrund noise music to concentrate. Sit down in ur desk dont do it on ur bed 

Archived