Joker 2 Out October 4th Banner
Joker 2 Out October 4th Banner
celeb

Rihanna under fire for using a Hadith on Savage X Fenty

FrozenKookie

Featured Posts

Hurem
Just now, SLAG said:

You don’t have to respect religion, but you should respect someone when they ask you not to disrespect their religion. Period. 

The only problem is people feel everything is disrespecting nowadays. :) Get a grip.

• Replies 416
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, Sepsami said:

I'm clueless on the matter, can u explain? :neyde:

Muslims view the Quran as the literal words of god talking to us and recited by the prophet. While hadiths are stories collected hundred of years after Islam by random people.

Some Muslims view hadiths as an importan part of Islam, while some like me dont even consider it and question its validity.

Another small difference is Hadiths are just written stories, while the Quran is poetry and you can sing it.

3 minutes ago, Karl said:

This. The rights of queer, trans and women are more important than some made up story that apparently needs to be respected at all times no matter the cost to queer people or women. Good left leaning people are increasingly defending religious freedom over actual human rights issues. 

And also, the performance itself doesn’t endorse or support islamophobia in any way.

I’m confused as to what exactly is the problem other than religious people being offended at artists being “sacrilegious”.

If you have a problem with ‘sacrilege’, you literally have a problem with Lady Gaga by the way.

16 minutes ago, mauvais said:

Muslims are not being sensitive when they ask people not to depict Mohammed or recite Hadith out of context. You are being sensitive whinging about someone else's religion.

You are too sensitive when the general public is not allowed to criticize the religion, not allowed to draw satirical drawings about it, not allowed to use satire or any kind of freedom of speech that does not preach hatred there's a difference. If you preach hatred it should not be allowed.

JusKeepBreathin
2 hours ago, Cookie Tookie said:

Exactly. Aside from the delusion of religion, religion is not free from critique, and it’s certainly free to be used in art, music, and fashion. Why is it okay to use Christian symbolism everywhere, but the moment Rihanna appreciates and incorporates this into her work, it’s suddenly blasphemy? 

It's almost like the ones who oppose it are the ones who don't appreciate Islamic symbolism in art. 

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -Martin Luther King Jr.

Hurem
Just now, Pennywise said:

Well, as a gay person in a largely Muslim country, I can only say that Islam brought nothing but pain and misery on me and my country, so I don't think I have anything positive to say on this topic :vegas:

Not that Christianity or any other religion would be different anyway :bear:

I’m so sorry to hear that. Hope you manage to move to some more liberal country that’s not obsessed with some fiction.

SKANK

Enigma pop star is fun, she uses hadith for fashion.

It's not a statement as much as just a move of passion.

auburn
9 minutes ago, Sepsami said:

I'm clueless on the matter, can u explain? :neyde:

Hadith are not in the Quran but they are quotes passed down from prophets that have survived. Muslims are critical over Hadiths and always check their source because anyone can make them up. 

6 minutes ago, KanyeWest said:

For some hadith is sacred though, for some moderate muslims not so much

Yes that is the case, but I'm more concerned with people's performative anger. Most of the commentators on here don't care about muslims. People should look into the Western hegemony over Muslim countries and what they've done. It's quite ridiculous people are mad over a song but are fine with the USA funding wars in Muslim countries leading to extreme starvation, poverty, and war. 

2 hours ago, Luna Lovegood said:

hadith are sacred words of the prophet

Well factually it is not true, since you cannot prove that the prophet was hearing God's voice or if he had schizophrenia. What is sacred and not sacred is subjective so that's a weird argument you use here. Would make more sense if u just said for muslims and for some not all hadith is sacred therefore should be respected and never sampled.

Kattys
41 minutes ago, SLAG said:

We get it. Some of y’all are edgy and don’t believe in religion but let’s show some respect for those who do. Rihanna probably didn’t know the significance of the song’s content which is understandable imo, but the Muslims also have a right to feel however they feel about her use of the song as it’s their religion/beliefs. 

Being an atheist is not edgy :ladyhaha: 

1 minute ago, auburn said:

Yes that is the case, but I'm more concerned with people's performative anger. Most of the commentators on here don't care about muslims. People should look into the Western hegemony over Muslim countries and what they've done. It's quite ridiculous people are mad over a song but are fine with the USA funding wars in Muslim countries leading to extreme starvation, poverty, and war. 

We can't know if among the people who are offended by this there are non muslims and if among those non muslims they have criticized the wars against muslim countries.

auburn
7 minutes ago, Pennywise said:

Well, as a gay person in a largely Muslim country, I can only say that Islam brought nothing but pain and misery on me and my country, so I don't think I have anything positive to say on this topic :vegas:

Not that Christianity or any other religion would be different anyway :bear:

Thankfully my family has always been mostly secular and/or atheist :tony:

This is my experience as well. Organized religion in general is not and should not be exempt from being used in such places. If people knew what Islam is, they wouldn't defend it. I may sound discriminatory but that's because that religion has done nothing but ostracize me from my family and society. 

I honestly loved it and live even more for it now. Shea Couleé and Gigi Goode are such fierce queens and artists, as well.

If you have a problem with this, you should have a problem with Gaga back in the BTW era :triggered:

auburn
Just now, KanyeWest said:

We can't know if among the people who are offended by this there are non muslims and if among those non muslims they have criticized the wars against muslim countries.

When have you seen people on here discuss anti-muslim terrorism inflicted by the west here? I have never and people continue to propel politicians into power that continue this agenda in the region. But sure Rihanna used a song!! How dare she!!!!! Performative at best.

• PartySick locked this topic

Archived