💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Fun Tonight is a Wonderful Song

Born in Chromatica

Featured Posts

Born in Chromatica

Today, I want to talk about another underrated gem on Chromatica, which is the song, Fun Tonight. Fun Tonight was a grower for me, I didn’t quite get the song at first, but when listening to the whole Chromatica album, it became a song I really enjoyed, and is one of my favourites on Chromatica at the moment.

I love listening to Fun Tonight for quite a few reasons, and the first thing is the music, and how the song is so much fun to listen to. The song is certainly one of the most catchy songs on the album, and as with all the songs on Chromatica, it certainly makes you to groove and dance. However, I love how the song gets stronger and stronger throughout its duration, with it being light, quiet and atmospheric in the beginning, and then becoming a full on dance anthem at the end. Fun Tonight has such an addictive tone and the song is just overall fun, it makes me happy, it makes me elated. And yet, it is not a happy song at all...

... which leads to my second reason why I love listening to Fun Tonight. The lyrics of the song are so sad. From my interpretation, the song is about how Gaga is with someone or a group of people who should bring her joy, happiness, and yet, they don’t. This person or people seem to bring Gaga down to a level of sadness, to the point where she feels she needs to cut them out of her life. This person/people don’t seem to like Gaga for who she is, but like her for her money, fame, status etc, and are not truly with her for the good reasons you should be with a person. I think in our own way, we have all been with people that should bring us joy and happiness, but yet, they do the opposite. This song in my opinion can be relatable to so many people in so many ways, as the message of the song suggests that it may be best to leave a person or group who are causing unhappiness to ourselves and perhaps hurting our self esteem.

When thinking of both the lyrics and the music, I think Fun Tonight is one of the most clever songs on Chromatica. It represents the feeling of when you be having fun, you should be enjoying the moment, and yet, the moment is perhaps the saddest experience at the current time. It reflects the idea of hiding your true feelings and struggling to open up with the pressure of trying to be positive and “having fun”. For me, I struggle with this, I hate being negative, I hate to complain, I hate to stop something that I should enjoy, but sometimes, admitting you are unhappy is something so needed, even in a “fun” environment.

Overall, when listening to Fun Tonight, it is a clever that is musically fun, upbeat, catchy, but the music is really there to disguise the very sad lyrics and message of the song. It truly has a relatable message for many people who feel they should be happy, and suppress the very sad, but very true feelings an individual may have. This song truly does have a dark message, but I feel it is one that is so important. It is okay to be unhappy, it is okay to admit you aren't happy with someone/a group of people and it is okay to admit you are not having fun tonight.

Another long post from me :derpga::poot:, thank you for reading if you did. What do you think of Fun Tonight, do you relate to it, do you enjoy the song, what does Fun Tonight mean to you? :heart::hug:

FaShIoN iS mY pAsSiOn!

Dr Fudge

It’s always been a top favorite since the first listen. I remember getting chills hearing her sing about not pulling her weight and thinking how raw and sad that is. 

Been a cuff touple, a puff bupple, a tough couple of years.

Babel

I must admit it has grown on me a lot, still not my favorite from Chromatica but the album is 10/10 anyway. 

Lion Heart

It's one of my favorites 

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀

KatieJudasGaga4

I adore it. I love the reference to Paparazzi and The Fame. I teared up listening to those lyrics :enigma:

Born This Way

It was my sister's favorite when I got her to listen to the album. I was kinda shook. I really like the drums during the second pre-chorus/build.

Avada Kedavra I speak to destroy

46 minutes ago, Doot said:

It needs the dance drop after the first buildup, but aside from that, I like that song. 

It’s like that for a reason :) 

1 minute ago, DC said:

It’s like that for a reason :) 

Having a purpose for doing something doesn't mean the end result is appealing. :bon:

CHROMATICON

I've grown to appreciate this song over time, it's just really beautiful but I still the think the production is kinda underwhelming and deserved better. :deadbanana:

JusKeepBreathin

Amen Gaga.

il_340x270.2490626478_b9mu.jpg?version=0

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -Martin Luther King Jr.

MonsterPug

I really like the song. It reminds me of hair. Even though the songs have different meanings and different sounds. 

Archived