Joker 2 Out October 4th Banner
movie

New Trailers for "The Witches" remake

Andy McQueen

Featured Posts

Flippy

I'm going to wait to actually watch it to give an honest opinion :ohwell:

I don't hate it though

TMBT 3.22.11 // TBTWB 1.17.13 // ArtRAVE 6.3.14 // C2CT 5.28.15 // TJWT 8.13.17 // Chromatica World Tour 9.8.22

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Stephen

Y'all are annoying the original was a children's movie too...

Just because it scared you as a child doesn't mean it was a horror movie :toofunny: 

I am positive children who watch the new version will be scared also. It's about witches who want to kill children :ladyhaha:

Also I can't understand the annoyance with remakes when it's based on a BOOK. Why can't there be a new interpretation of a beloved book? I love Roald Dahl, I love The Witches, I love Anne Hathaway, I love Octavia Spencer.

Open your mind cuz odds are it's probably gonna be good.

Chlorine

This looks good!

I'm intrigued as to the markings near the Witches' mouths, assuming their mouths will open very large. :ally:

Chlorine
1 hour ago, Stephen said:

Just because it scared you as a child doesn't mean it was a horror movie :toofunny: 

I am positive children who watch the new version will be scared also. It's about witches who want to kill children :ladyhaha:

Also I can't understand the annoyance with remakes when it's based on a BOOK. Why can't there be a new interpretation of a beloved book? I love Roald Dahl, I love The Witches, I love Anne Hathaway, I love Octavia Spencer.

The original movie was by Jim Henson Productions lol... so there's no reason Robert Zemeckis is not gonna do a good job with this. It looks adequately scary. 

Cameltoe Chariot
2 hours ago, Marjol said:

Anne Hathaway is not scary at all?! And why the accent?

...have you seen the original :bear:

the grand high witch had a german accent I believe, and spoke exactly the same way in the original movie.

Also she isn't "scary" because she hasn't pulled off her mask yet. You can see the lines on her face where it sits. It was the same in the original movie as well... :bear:

Cello

Idk how to feel about this. The original is one of my favourite films and the casting is perfect.. especially Anjelica Huston and Rowan Atkinson. And it had so much charm with Jim Henson's mouse puppets. :bradley: I don't think this version will live up to it but I'll give it a go. 

do i need to understand a pineapple to eat a banana

jimmytimestep

not the tea. Angelica Huston's performance is legendary and I don't see Hathaway bringing it here.

Beanybb

Anne doesn’t suit the role, they should’ve cast someone with a bit more edge and grit.

Angelica was BEYOND as the grand high witch. 

Bottom

Anne hathaway should not have been cast for this role, she doesn't fit it. They should have have the role to someone like glenn close

SKANK
3 hours ago, Stephen said:

giphy.gif

Dahl's books are pretty macabre as far as children's literature goes. A grandson poisons his mean Grandmother with anti-freeze, Mrs. Trunchbull makes kids binge eat before stuffing them in a nail lined closet, an orphan is enslaved by his abusive Aunts before they are smashed to death and he escapes with a racist cricket and horny spider.

His children books have been banned by sensitive folks for being too adult and too offensive. The trailer for this new adaptation seems to wash away that grittiness and replace it with something a little more Disney.

Some adaptions are just going to be better then others. We'll have to see how this pans out. But it doesn't look promising to me.

Stephen
34 minutes ago, SKANK said:

giphy.gif

Dahl's books are pretty macabre as far as children's literature goes. A grandson poisons his mean Grandmother with anti-freeze, Mrs. Trunchbull makes kids binge eat before stuffing them in a nail lined closet, an orphan is enslaved by his abusive Aunts before they are smashed to death and he escapes with a racist cricket and horny spider.

His children books have been banned by sensitive folks for being too adult and too offensive. The trailer for this new adaptation seems to wash away that grittiness and replace it with something a little more Disney.

Some adaptions are just going to be better then others. We'll have to see how this pans out. But it doesn't look promising to me.

I've read almost all of his books, I know! His adult fairy tales are particularly nuts :billie: Also lmfao @ horny spider :ladyhaha:

I will bet you that Anne Hathaway will have gruesome moments akin to Anjelica Huston. 

Let's see how it pans out :vegas:

Interlude

This wasn't quite what I was expecting but still kind of excited!

The prosthetics of the older film wins against the CGI I think. 

#BlackLivesMatter #TransLivesMatter - You let down members of the community and forced us out.

Archived