⚔️ CHROMATICA OUT NOW ⚔️

🎃 The October fan mail is here! 🎃
Sign in to follow this  
politics

Debate ratings PLUMMET from 2016

Gagaloo911

The first presidential debate between President Trump and Democratic nominee Joe Biden was watched by 29 million viewers on broadcast networks ABC, CBS, NBC and Fox, marking a 35 percent drop from the first 2016 debate between Trump and Hillary Clinton, which was watched by 45 million on broadcast networks, according to early numbers from Nielsen. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/thehill.com/homenews/media/518986-presidential-debate-ratings-plummet-on-broadcast-networks%3famp

• Like 1

Chic

I smoked a blunt and laughed at how simultaneously stupid and horrifying it was

• YAAAS 2

ShtoopidLahv

“The 2020 number for Trump and Biden does not include streaming options, which have become increasingly popular in recent years“

that number also doesn’t include viewership from cable networks like CNN, MSNBC, Fox News 

LittleGeorgianM

Most people do not have cable anymore and just watched it on Youtube. 

Gagaloo911
7 minutes ago, ShtoopidLahv said:

“The 2020 number for Trump and Biden does not include streaming options, which have become increasingly popular in recent years“

that number also doesn’t include viewership from cable networks like CNN, MSNBC, Fox News 

I checked more recent articles, the final numbers are also in and show that ratings did indeed have a sharp drop from 2016:

"Tuesday's debate averaged 73.1 million viewers over 16 networks from approximately 9 to 11 p.m. EDT, according to Nielsen ratings data. 

That number represents a 13% drop from the record 84 million who tuned in on 13 networks for the opening debate between then-Republican nominee Trump and Democratic nominee Hillary Clinton on Sept. 26, 2016."

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.usatoday.com/amp/5869777002

• Like 1

StarstruckIllusion
15 minutes ago, LittleGeorgianM said:

Most people do not have cable anymore and just watched it on Youtube. 

No, the streams didn’t make it up either. Trump’s in his flop era at the perfect time 😊

Aga Gydal

Good. That wasn't a debate, that was some playground bully ****. Donald Trump is a scourge. 

• Like 1
  • LMAO 1

NotDoctor

Obviously only anecdotal but I didn't watch and none of my friends watched this time around.  We all know who we're voting for already and weren't gonna get anything out of it other than be furious.  From the clips I saw the next day I'm glad I didn't.  I really don't understand why they're even doing than this time around, it's just another platform for Trump to spew his racist, conspiracies and be an all around jackass

Lion Heart

I don't blame them. That was the worst Presidential debate in American history + people are getting sick of Trump's constant gas-lighting and bullying. That was a disgrace. 

Also I think because Trump was the 'underdog' in 2016, they wanted to see how he'll do against Hillary. 

frederiickx

No one wants to see Trump be a loser, we already know he is and how he acts. People already know who they are voting for.

Also this doesn't count streaming or cable networks. I watched on MSNBC.