throwback

Remember t.A.T.u.?

Regina George

Featured Posts

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ChavaWM

Can someone confirm the Yulia thing? See, I remember her saying she didn't mind her daughter being a lesbian because in Russia it isn't that big of deal. She said that she wouldn't want her son to he gay because the men are treated much different. In a interview, Yulia said the show cut and chopped a lot of her answers and fans that were at the show confirmed Yulia didn't say what the TV said she said. How can she be homophobic if she doesn't mind if her daughter was a lesbian? She spent her whole life talking about gay issues. She was attacked back in 2008 for trying to make a gay pride parade, they have conferences and meetings and had people sending both her and Lena death threats. Skin heads were dumping water at them. Why put yourself in such a position if you're homophobic? Idk if anyone here is Russian, [i am] or are from Russia but gay men are treated horribly out there and Yulia shouldn't be labeled homophobic for not wanting that life for her son who is like 8 years old.

tomsches
On 10/1/2020 at 2:55 AM, xoxo Craig said:
  Hide contents
  Hide contents
  Hide contents

Get ready for the WP

Regina George
8 minutes ago, ChavaWM said:

Can someone confirm the Yulia thing? See, I remember her saying she didn't mind her daughter being a lesbian because in Russia it isn't that big of deal. She said that she wouldn't want her son to he gay because the men are treated much different. In a interview, Yulia said the show cut and chopped a lot of her answers and fans that were at the show confirmed Yulia didn't say what the TV said she said. How can she be homophobic if she doesn't mind if her daughter was a lesbian? She spent her whole life talking about gay issues. She was attacked back in 2008 for trying to make a gay pride parade, they have conferences and meetings and had people sending both her and Lena death threats. Skin heads were dumping water at them. Why put yourself in such a position if you're homophobic? Idk if anyone here is Russian, [i am] or are from Russia but gay men are treated horribly out there and Yulia shouldn't be labeled homophobic for not wanting that life for her son who is like 8 years old.

Didn’t she clearly say f slur tho? Also she was previously hooked onto the lie detector for this show so those are probably her real thoughts. Maybe she just doesn’t like gay men (wouldn’t be the first one)... 

Dreammonster

Yass. I got into them because of a AMV with Kairi from Kingdom Hearts, and it had all the things she said. It was way back in 2007 so it was fairly late into there career as two years later they would have released their final album, but anyway I've just recently been listening to them and their russian albums on youtube. Way ahead of the times with the musical production.

yes and

They are just a project that happened to be huge. They are quite ordinary now with the mindset being super Russian. 

Did you think I'd show up in a limousine? No

Cookie Tookie
3 minutes ago, Pharamon said:

@Cookie Tookiewhats so funny about homophobia?

What’s funny is that people are here to discuss their love for this group and their music, since it was a part of many of our childhood’s, and the only thing you’re focused on is a statement Julia made 6+ years ago, during a time where she converted to Islam briefly, basically showing distaste for men that are more fem. Firstly, we don’t even know her view on it now, and quite frankly, who gives a f*ck? I’m here to enjoy the music I grew up with. You can separate the artist from the music. Are we going to dig up every 10 year old statement that all these artists make just to cancel them, or are we going to live in reality in 2020? I’ll take the latter. 

Regina George
41 minutes ago, Pharamon said:

stop promoting that disgusting piece of homophobe 

No one is promoting them. I even mentioned their homophobic tendencies. I just asked if people knew about that because I didn’t. Not that serious. 

Pharamon
Just now, Cookie Tookie said:

What’s funny is that people are here to discuss their love for this group and their music, since it was a part of many of our childhood’s, and the only thing you’re focused on is a statement Julia made 6+ years ago, during a time where she converted to Islam briefly, basically showing distaste for men that are more fem. Firstly, we don’t even know her view on it now, and quite frankly, who gives a f*ck? I’m here to enjoy the music I grew up with. You can separate the artist from the music. Are we going to dig up every 10 year old statement that all these artists make just to cancel them, or are we going to live in reality in 2020? I’ll take the latter. 

Oh brb gonna listen to R.kelly real quick then

Cookie Tookie
3 minutes ago, Pharamon said:

Oh brb gonna listen to R.kelly real quick then

The only version of DWUW I listen to is the one featuring him. Is that a problem? Like I said, you can enjoy the music without having to respect the artist.

Pharamon
1 minute ago, Cookie Tookie said:

The only version of DWUW I listen to is the one featuring him. Is that a problem? Like I said, you can enjoy the music without having to respect the artist.

I-

Archived