đź’™ HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT đź’š

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
music news

Sam Smith announced their only live performance this year

Teletubby

Featured Posts

Pennywise

People will start to think I'm a Sam Smith fan because of how much I keep having to defend them on these threads and meanwhile I never got over the Oscars :laughga:

but there is a difference between disliking someone because of fan stuff and straight up bigotry y'all :vegas:

YOUR GOD IS NOT HERE MICHAEL NOR WILL HE EVER BE

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Cameltoe Chariot
27 minutes ago, Twitter said:

Why is every Sam Smith thread a mess?

Because it seems the only thing they have going for them at this point is an army of pronoun police :bear:

Literally no one cares about their music at this point, every single thread I see about them has a third or fourth reply that is someone correcting pronouns, and then a few more replies of "meh" :billie:

Sam became the poster child of white, male presenting queer kids who identify outside of the binary - statistically the most privileged under the genderqueer/trans umbrella but also some of the loudest and most aggressive :triggered:

Anyway, check out For The Gworls' Rent and Gender-Affirming Surgery Fund, who actively fight to reduce homelessness rates in the Black transgender community, as well as lower the risk for affirmative surgeries being done in ways that put them at greater health risks: https://www.artsbusinesscollaborative.org/asp-products/for-the-gworls-rent-and-gender-affirming-surgery-fund/

:vegas:

joannesrats
2 minutes ago, Pennywise said:

People will start to think I'm a Sam Smith fan because of how much I keep having to defend them on these threads and meanwhile I never got over the Oscars :laughga:

but there is a difference between disliking someone because of fan stuff and straight up bigotry y'all :vegas:

me: i hate sam smith for winning the oscar over gaga for another bond song, but they still make good music

it isn't hard to respect someone's personal identity while still being annoyed with them :triggered: 

YCHofficial
3 hours ago, joannesrats said:

Doesn’t matter what you’re on board with - use their pronouns or get off the site. 

No and no

joannesrats
7 minutes ago, YCHofficial said:

No and no

What is your issue with accepting gender-neutral pronouns? You are being actively transphobic and I reported you for it. 

YCHofficial
35 minutes ago, joannesrats said:

What is your issue with accepting gender-neutral pronouns? You are being actively transphobic and I reported you for it. 

Well I have different views than you, why can't you accept that?

joannesrats
4 minutes ago, YCHofficial said:

Well I have different views than you, why can't you accept that?

The difference is basic human decency - NOT a difference in opinion. You are intentionally misgendering people if you refuse to use their pronouns and that is a direct act of violence. This is not an exaggeration. If you were to call a trans woman a man even though you know she is trans that is an act of transphobia and directly results in thousands of suicides a year. 

This is not about differing views - it is about acceptance of trans people on this website, and in the world, and the direct consequences that they face from people like you and many others. 

21 minutes ago, joannesrats said:

The fact that I get sad reacts for trying to fight transphobia is BEYOND me. 

Maybe because you told a user their opinion doesnt matter and that they should just leave this website thats kinda rude if you ask me 

joannesrats
2 minutes ago, Suuus said:

Maybe because you told a user their opinion doesnt matter and that they should just leave this website thats kinda rude if you ask me 

Why can't you understand the difference between an opinion and basic human rights? 

Just now, joannesrats said:

Why can't you understand the difference between an opinion and basic human rights? 

Why cant you understand that your attitude towards this user was rude

joannesrats
2 minutes ago, Suuus said:

Why cant you understand that your attitude towards this user was rude

i know it was rude, can you answer the question i asked? 

1 minute ago, joannesrats said:

i know it was rude, can you answer the question i asked? 

Thank for admitting that and yes i do i just dont like the way you go about it 

joannesrats
1 minute ago, Suuus said:

Thank for admitting that and yes i do i just dont like the way you go about it 

i never denied it was rude and how i say it doesn't matter - anyways, why can't you understand the difference between opinions and facts

• Shadow locked this topic

Archived