1. 1. Sound for the next album...

• Adult Contemporary
    • DanceGa again

Featured Posts

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply
pop ate my heart

I fell in love with Gaga because of her Avant garde Pop artistic over-the-top visually striking works. and even though she enjoys doing many things, judging from what she said in the most recent interviews and statements, that's where she feels more inspired and 'herself' as an artist. So that's my answer. nobody does it like her. not saying she should stick to dance pop, she can do whatever genre she wants. I just hope she keeps that artistic 'edge' that differentiates her from everyone and makes her do the most stunning and impactful work, regardless of what numbers it makes. 

am i-e-i-e-i-e-i-e-i-e-i-p-plastic

vyniildisk
1 minute ago, M Monstre said:

It doesn't necessarily have to be for LG7, but I eventually want her to do a ballad/acoustic album (with songs like ARUTW, Shallow, INLA, ITA, Million Reasons, IWBWY, etc.), a rock power ballad album, or a full-on disco album.

remember when we all thought chromatica was going to be full disco? :bear:

Reality
4 hours ago, Pennywise said:

Rock/Metal, thanks :firega:

I'm not calling you out, but I lowkey feel like most of the people who say this in actuality wouldn't like a metal album :sweat: 

Of course we all have our own individual taste, and again, I'm not saying that you don't want a metal album, but I really do feel like if Gaga went full-on metal, a lot of her fans wouldn't really be here for it. Like, BTW-era Gaga is the closest to "metal" that we've gotten, but still, there were definitely electronic/dance/pop elements in that album that overshadowed the whole "rock/metal" vibe. 

🃏🖤👹

vyniildisk
Just now, Daylight Jokers said:

I want a hybrid of Ray of Light and COADF. That, or rock.

what about a hybrid of smile and britney jean, take it or leave it

Reality
Just now, Dulo Peep said:

remember when we all thought chromatica was going to be full disco? :bear:

Remember when we thought that Joanne was going to be this pop rock/punk/disco album because of PI? :bradley: 

I will say, Chromatica [unfortunately] will probably be the closest we get to a full-on "disco" album. House itself is very much inspired by disco, so I guess Chromatica is disco-adjacent :sweat: 

🃏🖤👹

Pennywise
1 minute ago, M Monstre said:

I'm not calling you out, but I lowkey feel like most of the people who say this in actuality wouldn't like a metal album :sweat: 

Of course we all have our own individual taste, and again, I'm not saying that you don't want a metal album, but I really do feel like if Gaga went full-on metal, a lot of her fans wouldn't really be here for it. Like, BTW-era Gaga is the closest to "metal" that we've gotten, but still, there were definitely electronic/dance/pop elements in the album that overshadowed the whole "rock/metal" vibe. 

I mean, I don't care about others, I would like it and I am selfish so I want her to do it :huntyga:

I'd be here for a mix of the BTW-era style and symphonic metal too :vegas:

YOUR GOD IS NOT HERE MICHAEL NOR WILL HE EVER BE

pop ate my heart
5 minutes ago, NFRockwell said:

It’s just she had 5 whole solo albums of dance pop music :bear: If it’s another dance album hopefully she expands and does something less electronic music.

or electronic music with a different approach :trollga: it is a verrry wide umbrella and there's still a LOT of sounds she didn't experiment with. Plus I don't think she'll stop doing electronic music any time soon after she said she got her love for it back

btw all those 5 albums sound completely different from each other by miles so versatility won't be an issue?

am i-e-i-e-i-e-i-e-i-e-i-p-plastic

Reality
Just now, Pennywise said:

I mean, I don't care about others, I would like it and I am selfish so I want her to do it :huntyga:

I'd be here for a mix of the BTW-era style and symphonic metal too :vegas:

I mean, as long as the album is good, I don't care what other fans think either :sweat: 

But I lowkey hate all this, "OMG Gaga needs to do metal!" or "OMG Gaga needs to be more experimental!" rhetoric when....let's be real...the majority of fans don't want that.

Take the Free Woman Honey Dijon remix or the Stupid Love Vitaclub Warehouse remix. Those remixes are like quintessential house music—which is more "experimental" than a lot of the electronic/dance music we get from Gaga—and yet they're two of her most hated remixes. People are all talk when it comes to Gaga doing sh*t other than commercial dance pop records, but they'll never admit it :selena: 

🃏🖤👹

Archived