🎃 Spotify Playlist 🎃

Sign in to follow this  
celeb

Mariah Carey still doesn’t know who Jennifer Lopez is

777777777777777777

mariah-carey-i-dont-know-her-02.gif

Mariah Carey released "The Meaning of Mariah Carey" today. She refused to mention Jennifer Lopez’s name on her memoir and referred to her as
“another female entertainer on [Sony] (whom I don’t know)” :ladyhaha:

JLpng.png



Mariah sent her book to some celebs. Do you think Jlo will get one? ezgif-1-5a2cb2b5ba28.gif

Edited by 777777777777777777
(っ◔◡◔)っ
  • LMAO 33
  • YAAAS 3
  • Sad 1

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
DirrtyPony

Omg she didn’t :smh:

I can’t wait to start reading this later!

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dulo Peep

why they have such bad blood in betweem them? according to Jennifer nothing ever happened? One day she just decided to not knowledger. Maybe something with the executives? Ughh i love Mariah so much! Not the music but her persona, imagine being friends with her? She is super shady and funny 

Edited by Dulo Peep

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
ZiggyZiggs
3 minutes ago, Dulo Peep said:

why they have such bad blood in betweem them? according to Jennifer nothing ever happened? One day she just decided to not knowledger. Maybe something with the executives? Ughh i love Mariah so much! Not the music but her persona, imagine being friends with her? She is super shady and funny 

pretty sure it has something to do with Tommy Mottola, her ex-husband

Acceptance
  • Shook 1

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
KEVIN STEVE

If I was Mariah I would have left the label as soon as I could, and I would expose them, self-sabotaging my era. This is a scandal. 

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
Lord Temptation

Team MC all the way :pawsup:

  • Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
Madam Margolyes

The fact that she said female entertainer instead of female singer :bradley:

  • Like 2
  • LMAO 16

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
777777777777777777
3 minutes ago, Madam Margolyes said:

The fact that she said female entertainer instead of female singer :bradley:

because singer was Ashanti :ladyhaha:

(っ◔◡◔)っ
  • Like 1
  • LMAO 1
  • YAAAS 2

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
SabadoDeGloria
19 minutes ago, Dulo Peep said:

why they have such bad blood in betweem them? according to Jennifer nothing ever happened? One day she just decided to not knowledger. Maybe something with the executives? Ughh i love Mariah so much! Not the music but her persona, imagine being friends with her? She is super shady and funny 

I think Jennifer gets a bad rap for her early music being "stolen" when in most cases it was a mixture of industry standards at the time (the best music is given to the artist the label is trying to sell/push) and her male collaborators (Diddy practically ripped off If You Had My Love from a Chante Moore song [who wouldn't sell him her If I Gave You Love] while Motolla used JLO as some sort of revenge on Mariah by taking her ideas and giving them to JLO). Bottom line is Tommy Motolla used demos that Mariah had for Jennifer Lopez albums and rushed those songs out so Mariah could not execute her original vision after leaving him. Idk, I just don't think JLO was giggling with Motolla and knowingly entering this two-decade long drama. I think she was the new hot label star and was taking what was given to her by Sony. 

To circle back to her "stealing" music...I don't get how paying a writer for their song/demo is stealing? Leaving backing vocals from the demo are not rare and, again, is a production technique (and JLO did not produce her early songs). JLO likely did not have a ton of control over her first two label albums, not unlike any artist. The only thing I find egregious is the fact that Cristina Milian's vocals 100% are the chorus of 'Play' and she should have been featured as such. Otherwise, a lot of "JLO stole this song" arguments are weak and could be applied to several "faves". 

Donate to your local bail fund: https://bailfunds.github.io/
  • Like 4
  • Shook 1

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ladey Gaygay
6 minutes ago, SabadoDeGloria said:

JLO

I Dont Know Her Mariah Carey GIF by moodman

𝖎 𝖘𝖑𝖊𝖊𝖕 𝖜𝖎𝖙𝖍 𝖌𝖚𝖞𝖘 𝖋𝖔𝖗 𝖋𝖚𝖓 𝖆𝖓𝖉 𝖉𝖗𝖚𝖌𝖘

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
777777777777777777
7 minutes ago, SabadoDeGloria said:

backing vocals

This is Jenny From The Block demo by Natasha Ramos
these are not just backing vocals that she used in original version:trollga:

 

(っ◔◡◔)っ

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dulo Peep
25 minutes ago, SabadoDeGloria said:

I think Jennifer gets a bad rap for her early music being "stolen" when in most cases it was a mixture of industry standards at the time (the best music is given to the artist the label is trying to sell/push) and her male collaborators (Diddy practically ripped off If You Had My Love from a Chante Moore song [who wouldn't sell him her If I Gave You Love] while Motolla used JLO as some sort of revenge on Mariah by taking her ideas and giving them to JLO). Bottom line is Tommy Motolla used demos that Mariah had for Jennifer Lopez albums and rushed those songs out so Mariah could not execute her original vision after leaving him. Idk, I just don't think JLO was giggling with Motolla and knowingly entering this two-decade long drama. I think she was the new hot label star and was taking what was given to her by Sony. 

To circle back to her "stealing" music...I don't get how paying a writer for their song/demo is stealing? Leaving backing vocals from the demo are not rare and, again, is a production technique (and JLO did not produce her early songs). JLO likely did not have a ton of control over her first two label albums, not unlike any artist. The only thing I find egregious is the fact that Cristina Milian's vocals 100% are the chorus of 'Play' and she should have been featured as such. Otherwise, a lot of "JLO stole this song" arguments are weak and could be applied to several "faves". 

woow this honestly crazy, its like that story weeks ago that the record label was trying to steal a song that a singer totally wrote and gave it to Britney but Brit rejected it and went back to her. Or when Rihanna hardcorely asking (demanding) Sza to give her Consideration (the song) that she wanted for her debut album

  • Like 1

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...