⚔️ CHROMATICA OUT NOW ⚔️

🎃 The October fan mail is here! 🎃
Sign in to follow this  
politics

CH4: Trumps plan to silence 4M black voters

gabeoz

I havent seen a thread here on this yet (apologize if this is AP).

British 'Channel 4' announced just over an hour ago that tonight they're releasing an investigation from a leak in Trump's 2016 campaign that shows how the campaign kept a list of over 200M Americans (from the peak it looks like the list shows *at least* their name, age, race, political ideology/awareness, party association, which candidate they supported and their dedication to said candidate) and listed "deterrence" next to almost 4M black voters to signal that they were actively trying to suppress those black voters.

*After watching the full video, the list that they made seems even more disturbing. They had their name, address, race, age, job, income, political ideology, candidate support, personality type, the likelihood of whether you would own a dog, a gun, or if youre likely to get married and/or have a baby- for 200 million Americans. And how they disproportionally targeted/listed black Americans, and other minorities as "deterrence" and goes against the Trump's campaign own promise that they didnt target specific racial groups during the 2016 election. 

EDIT: Here is the official segment that Channel 4 aired on Youtube for people outside the UK 

Edited by gabeoz
  • Shook 6
  • Sad 5

Leoj305

They actively try to suppress voting in general in the US. 

• Like 2

Esteban

Maybe its a naive or dumb question but how did they planned to "stop" them ? Like, with personalized ads thanks to profiling ? Or more radically ? 

Edit: Thank you NationalBuilder

Edited by Esteban
  • Like 1

HeavyMetalLover

Electric chair. :triggered:

i don't remember ARTPOP
  • Like 1

EuphoricVibez
Just now, HeavyMetalLover said:

Electric chair. :triggered:

Trump not only deserves the electric chair, but he deserves it for eternity for what he's done :saladga:

He/him/his
  • Like 4

HeavyMetalLover
2 minutes ago, EuphoricVibez said:

Trump not only deserves the electric chair, but he deserves it for eternity for what he's done :saladga:

I hope we finally see him taken down with all of these reports coming out. I hope he melts down in the debates. He deserves whatever is coming to him.

i don't remember ARTPOP
  • Like 1
  • YAAAS 1

Luc
1 minute ago, Esteban said:

Maybe its a naive or dumb question but how did they planed to "stop" them ? Like, with personalized ads thanks to profiling ? Or more radically ? 

Micro-targeting in this case. So yes, ads specifically targeted to those people to make them less likely to vote, e.g. by painting HRC as racist. But voter suppression also happens in other ways by Republicans, 'more radically': district borders are desigbed to make black votes (or Democratic votes more generally) spread out such that Republicans win (for instance) 9 seats with 55%-45% while Democrats win 2 seats with 90%-10%. Voting offices are removed and/or understaffed in areas with a lot of black people, leading to lines of sometimes 3 hours and over. Different unclear administrative identification steps are continuously added to vote and often times you've done them wrong even if you followed all the unnecessary bureaucratic steps, these are usually targeted at suppressing black turn-out as well. It's not just Trump who is racist, the entire GOP is.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

gabeoz
2 minutes ago, Luc said:

Micro-targeting in this case. So yes, ads specifically targeted to those people to make them less likely to vote, e.g. by painting HRC as racist. But voter suppression also happens in other ways by Republicans, 'more radically': district borders are desigbed to make black votes (or Democratic votes more generally) spread out such that Republicans win (for instance) 9 seats with 55%-45% while Democrats win 2 seats with 90%-10%. Voting offices are removed and/or understaffed in areas with a lot of black people, leading to lines of sometimes 3 hours and over. Different unclear administrative identification steps are continuously added to vote and often times you've done them wrong even if you followed all the unnecessary bureaucratic steps, these are usually targeted at suppressing black turn-out as well. It's not just Trump who is racist, the entire GOP is.

This^^^ my home state NC actually had to redraw it’s congressional borders for this years election because it was found that the state GOP had mass racially gerrymandered the districts in one of the biggest gerrymandering cases in the country’s history. It was considered the magnum opus of the GOP strategist that drew the gerrymandered districts for much of the south.

• Like 1

BadGurlMadge

it’s obvious he only wants middle aged white men who have the same opinions as him to vote and karens. 

• Like 1

TimisaMonster

How can there be black Trump supporters after seeing this??? Like...:saladga:

Listen to my new single "Dance in the Flames" on 10/24/20 - Sapphire Phoenix

ShayCristoforo
20 minutes ago, BadGurlMadge said:

it’s obvious he only wants middle aged white men who have the same opinions as him to vote and karens. 

And the fake woke flat earthers who believe that Trump is challenging the Illuminati :madge:

Ich schleiban austa be clair

KanyeWest

I dont understand what this is. What is this list?

Kanye West Is Blonde And Gone

gabeoz
1 minute ago, KanyeWest said:

I dont understand what this is. What is this list?

Its a list of 200M Americans that they created in 2016. From what was shown it looks like it keeps track of their names, age, race, political ideology, which candidate they supported and their dedication to said candidate, media awareness, what kind of political philosophy they have (example; freethinkder) and which voters they were trying to target to stop from voting.