• Last Reply
Anveeroy
2 minutes ago, Animal Claws said:

I don't remember... Really? Omg

1 minute ago, Animal Claws said:

I'm ready then :gayhat:

Yes, just checked! :heart:

Stream Kylie-Janet Discographies!

I am interested to know if anyone agrees with this thought I have about Katy.  Katy has received criticism on GGD for not evolving, for sticking with her original style even though times change.  I think the opposite.  Her early albums were full of happy upbeat bops.  People loved it.  I think she lost her way with Witness.  Compared to her early albums, it seems bland to me.  I think there would have been nothing wrong with her sticking to her original style.  Plenty of artists have had long careers sticking to one style, so I don't see the criticism Katy receives.  Imo, with Smile she is starting to claw her way back, musically.  I'm sure I'm in the minority with these thoughts.

Also, I don't believe you need to be a great singer technically to be a great entertainer.  I like the singing ability of several artists better than Katy, but I sure like Katy and applaud the joy she has brought to so many people over the years.  I think the greatest thing an entertainer can achieve is to make people happy.

I live outside the space time continuum.

I just calculated my average score for each album to see how they jive with my general thoughts:

One Of The Boys - 9

Teenage Dream - 9

Prism - 8.75

Witness - 7.2

Smile - 8.9

Anveeroy
Just now, Ronk said:

I just calculated my average score for each album to see how they jive with my general thoughts:

One Of The Boys - 9

Teenage Dream - 9

Prism - 8.75

Witness - 7.2

Smile - 8.9

Great scores!!!

Stream Kylie-Janet Discographies!

6 minutes ago, Aarghya said:

Great scores!!!

Well, I usually rate higher than most people, for any artist.

For me to rate a song below 6, it has to be worse than half the pop songs I ever heard in my life.  Many people give a 1 or 0 the the song they like the least on an album, but I don't.

Archived