MJHolland 12,725 Posted September 27, 2020 Share Posted September 27, 2020 Work! If you don’t already know exactly how you’ll vote, go to iwillvote.com TODAY to register and/or make a plan to vote in your state! The site has all the best up-to-date info on voting in every state! Then, send it to 3 friends or family members and encourage them to make a plan to vote! Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
StarstruckIllusion 53,795 Posted September 27, 2020 Share Posted September 27, 2020 1 minute ago, Postboy said: I was gonna point out the difference too but I didn’t want to make the poor guy feel attacked once again. Isn’t it a shame how the word progressive has been hijacked to demonize liberals? Like, no, they’re not progressive. Demonized by who? The right? The right leaning Dems? I mean legitimately they’re clowns so I’m not that pressed. Especially when opinions polls show Americans like progressive policies that make Washington DC cry lol Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Economy 53,215 Posted September 27, 2020 Share Posted September 27, 2020 1 minute ago, StarstruckIllusion said: Yeah this makes total sense from your perspective. Most people see his 6 bankruptcies and run (me) but he did manage to start 5 more businesses, so there’s something there. I think its clear the US cant really be run as a business now so yeah good on you for realizing. Hopefully Biden is better but he doesn’t even have a clear first 100 days so 😶 I don't wanna start a 7 page long detailed analysis on economic theory cuz I don't have the patiencento go thru it all but I think Trump's views on the economy aren't exactly stupid, they are outdated A lot of his policies I believed would of worked a lot better in the 1950s to 1970s in simpler times where economies were more domestic and where economic growth was all about hiring and investment and wages and the trickle down economics actually kind of worked In the modern globalized, higher skills required economy with more automation... Things and challenges are different and the policies most effective to tackle them are different Cutting taxes to businesses no longer works the way it once does. Investments in education, modernizing infrastructure and training programs are far more effective in helping economic growth today because the economy after the 1970s changed in a way that wealth stubbornly stays at the top more and more (also some types of regressive tax changes since then like taxing capital gains less than income haven't helped either even if the economy hadn't changed) Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
shoful 13,304 Posted September 27, 2020 Share Posted September 27, 2020 4 minutes ago, lego said: k not to start an argument, but I clearly remember you posting and liking lots of anti-immigrant, islamophobic and racist/sexist posts in the past (you’re long time member). I also remember you fiercely defending Trump, his policies and it wasn’t just about “economy”. Would be nice to know if you actually changed all those views completely and how/why, but you don’t seem to admit you had them in first place. I admit at some points I did defend everything about him because I felt backed into a corner and to be perfectly honest, stupid. I probably did say some things back then that I don’t think I myself believed but I guess I drank the koolaid and bought into a lot of his lies. And I know me realizing now can’t make up for some of the things I might have said in the past. I definitely remember saying some Anti-immigrant things because again I bought that. I thought that was what was right and now realize I was being stupid or wrong. I don’t remember particularly saying racist or islamophobic things but I you and also apologize for those. Honestly don’t have an explanation. I feel like I was lost in a sense. Like I was such a big Obama supporter when I was younger and actually made my mom vote for him and she legit never votes because I was too young at the time. I was stupid, young and dumb and bought into a lot of dumb **** Trump said. Hopefully you can forgive me for things I said. I now realize what I believed in for those 2-3 years was wrong and bullshit and now look to right my wrongdoings. "My name is Dita, I'll be your Mistress tonight..." Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Economy 53,215 Posted September 27, 2020 Share Posted September 27, 2020 7 minutes ago, shoful said: I admit at some points I did defend everything about him because I felt backed into a corner and to be perfectly honest, stupid. I probably did say some things back then that I don’t think I myself believed but I guess I drank the koolaid and bought into a lot of his lies. And I know me realizing now can’t make up for some of the things I might have said in the past. I definitely remember saying some Anti-immigrant things because again I bought that. I thought that was what was right and now realize I was being stupid or wrong. I don’t remember particularly saying racist or islamophobic things but I you and also apologize for those. Honestly don’t have an explanation. I feel like I was lost in a sense. Like I was such a big Obama supporter when I was younger and actually made my mom vote for him and she legit never votes because I was too young at the time. I was stupid, young and dumb and bought into a lot of dumb **** Trump said. Hopefully you can forgive me for things I said. I now realize what I believed in for those 2-3 years was wrong and bullshit and now look to right my wrongdoings. This is exactly the kind of reason I still think some activists being unabalanced in how they speak and being overly agressive ends up being counterproductive. It turns ppl off and detracts from movements Ppl try to use the argument that they have no obligation to be nice because the other person doesnt deserve it and it's not their job to educate them. But at the end of the day if u really wanna push for change u need to think about whether ur preaching methods are truly helpful or not. Otherwise it goes back to what I said about ppl being more concerned about being right and feeling morally superior than actually getting change done. I still think the way many ppl go about pushing for change is not the most balanced and effective way And Frankly when I have discussions with conservatives I seem to have better success at getting some thoughts thru to them than very agressive leftists because I have actual discussions instead of starting arguments that just lead to people getting defensive. It's not just the message, it's the attitude and the tone. Humans by nature don't react well when they are attacked (regardless of whether it's justified or not) and some ppl can't seem to get that into their heads I'm glad u changed ur view. Im happy to see ur not stubborn and ur willing to re-evaluate your beliefs and opinions and grow as a person. I too always strive for that Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Luc 4,776 Posted September 27, 2020 Share Posted September 27, 2020 1 hour ago, shoful said: I admit at some points I did defend everything about him because I felt backed into a corner and to be perfectly honest, stupid. I probably did say some things back then that I don’t think I myself believed but I guess I drank the koolaid and bought into a lot of his lies. And I know me realizing now can’t make up for some of the things I might have said in the past. I definitely remember saying some Anti-immigrant things because again I bought that. I thought that was what was right and now realize I was being stupid or wrong. I don’t remember particularly saying racist or islamophobic things but I you and also apologize for those. Honestly don’t have an explanation. I feel like I was lost in a sense. Like I was such a big Obama supporter when I was younger and actually made my mom vote for him and she legit never votes because I was too young at the time. I was stupid, young and dumb and bought into a lot of dumb **** Trump said. Hopefully you can forgive me for things I said. I now realize what I believed in for those 2-3 years was wrong and bullshit and now look to right my wrongdoings. Sorry that this thread has basically become everyone enquiring you but I'm wondering: Can you pinpoint the exact moment that or the process through which you realized you didn't support Trump anymore? What changed your mind, or made you see things from a different perspective? Also: I think the natural reaction for anyone would be to suppress the thought that you may have been wrong for a long time (which is, imo, why polarization can be so strong), what made you pull through? We need to hear stories like yours to know how to convince others. Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
shoful 13,304 Posted September 27, 2020 Share Posted September 27, 2020 41 minutes ago, Luc said: Sorry that this thread has basically become everyone enquiring you but I'm wondering: Can you pinpoint the exact moment that or the process through which you realized you didn't support Trump anymore? What changed your mind, or made you see things from a different perspective? Also: I think the natural reaction for anyone would be to suppress the thought that you may have been wrong for a long time (which is, imo, why polarization can be so strong), what made you pull through? We need to hear stories like yours to know how to convince others. I really stepped away from politics because I was so tired of this **** about 9-10 months ago. Nothing was looking up. This country was going to **** and I just needed a break from it all. And I’m usually a super politically invested guy. And when the Dem debates really started to pick up, I like Liz Warren and Amy Klobuchar a lot and believed in their campaigns for change. What really sealed the deal in me stopping my support for Trump was the absolute disgraceful handling of the Coronavirus. The fact that a virus is being made into a political situation might be the most moronic thing I have ever witnessed in my entire life. And how even tho he knows its a threat refuses to do **** about it. So unjust! Also the handling of BLM. Which blatantly shows that he is in fact a racist. I don’t think I wanted to believe that I voted for a racist but this was like in your face evidence that he is. And you know all that **** is pretty much what caused it. Him sending troopers to take out protesters. Using tear gas to make a ****ing photo op with the bible. I could go on but you get the jist "My name is Dita, I'll be your Mistress tonight..." Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Featured Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.