DonatellaPop 3,482 Posted September 27, 2020 Share Posted September 27, 2020 2 minutes ago, Chromatican said: What road? ON THE ROADD TO LOOVEEE https://blacklivesmatter.com/ Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Economy 53,215 Posted September 27, 2020 Share Posted September 27, 2020 5 minutes ago, Chromatican said: What road? The typical road where when ppl see the light or re-evaluate problematic opinions instead of being happy about it people decide to shame them some more instead I find a lot of progressives seem way more concerned with being right, being able to say I told you so or appearing morally superior than the changes themselves they claim is their priority I myself don't get how anyone could of been a Trump supporter in the first place but regardless he isn't anymore. That's a good thing let's just focus on that Edit: but I couldn't tell how serious u were hence why I said unless u were joking. It's hard to tell online sometimes especially when emojis aren't used Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
stevana229 1,916 Posted September 27, 2020 Share Posted September 27, 2020 Trump is VERY likely to be winning on election night.. even winning solid blue states like New Jersey and Delaware. but when the mail in votes start getting counted, Biden is going to take the lead. the bad part is Trump is going to claim victory immediately and start screaming about fraud when mail in ballots start getting counted Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
shoful 13,304 Posted September 27, 2020 Share Posted September 27, 2020 15 minutes ago, Economy said: The typical road where when ppl see the light or re-evaluate problematic opinions instead of being happy about it people decide to shame them some more instead I find a lot of progressives seem way more concerned with being right, being able to say I told you so or appearing morally superior than the changes themselves they claim is their priority I myself don't get how anyone could of been a Trump supporter in the first place but regardless he isn't anymore. That's a good thing let's just focus on that Thank you @Economy And just to give everyone context, you all are judging without even knowing anything about my life or reasons. If you think I voted for Trump because I’m a racist, sexist and whatever else you wanna call me you’d be dead wrong. I believe in social activism. I believe in BLM. I believe in holding police accountable. I believe in gun control. I believe in gay rights, gender equality etc. The main reasons I voted for him were because I thought he would do a good job with the economy since he is a business man. I have a job in insurance so obviously i think that would benefit me. I despised Hillary Clinton. And I thought Trump would be the outsider to shake **** up. If you look at Trump’s political life. He was a democrat/independent legit up to 2014 or something. I thought we were gonna get a conservative economist who is also socially liberal. I thought all those smear campaigns about him being racist and **** were just lies trying to paint him badly so Hillary would win. Did I think he would actually be discriminatory and try to remove many rights gay people and women have? And handle a virus so poorly. Obviously not or I wouldn’t have voted for him. I did not think he would be the right wing nut he turned out to be. And obviously I am sorry for having voted for him. That doesn’t mean I deserve to be slandered religiously on here. I have now seen the light instead of trying to punish me, lets work together to get this monster out of office. I think a lot of people are in the same boat as me where we did not think he would do these things and are now voting for the better President: Biden. "My name is Dita, I'll be your Mistress tonight..." Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Curunir 7,510 Posted September 27, 2020 Share Posted September 27, 2020 20 minutes ago, shoful said: Not anymore Wish I realized my stupidity earlier in life Wait, were you actually a Trump supporter? I'm curious to know what you liked about him and/or his administration. Also, no judgment whatsoever. I myself would never personally support him, but I know people that I could call literal angels that actually like(d) him. Would love to hear your perspective. Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
shoful 13,304 Posted September 27, 2020 Share Posted September 27, 2020 Just now, Curunir said: Wait, were you actually a Trump supporter? I'm curious to know what you liked about him and/or his administration. Also, no judgment whatsoever. I myself would never personally support him, but I know people that I could call literal angels that actually like(d) him. Would love to hear your perspective. Please read my post above "My name is Dita, I'll be your Mistress tonight..." Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Suuus 5,632 Posted September 27, 2020 Share Posted September 27, 2020 I so wish i could help yall with voting trump out but unfortunaly i dont live in America Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Curunir 7,510 Posted September 27, 2020 Share Posted September 27, 2020 Just now, shoful said: Please read my post above Just did. I can see where you were coming from. People should get off your back. Glad you saw the light tho Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
StarstruckIllusion 53,795 Posted September 27, 2020 Share Posted September 27, 2020 26 minutes ago, shoful said: Not anymore Wish I realized my stupidity earlier in life Period... we love to see the upgrade Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
StarstruckIllusion 53,795 Posted September 27, 2020 Share Posted September 27, 2020 24 minutes ago, Economy said: The typical road where when ppl see the light or re-evaluate problematic opinions instead of being happy about it people decide to shame them some more instead I find a lot of progressives seem way more concerned with being right, being able to say I told you so or appearing morally superior than the changes themselves they claim is their priority I myself don't get how anyone could of been a Trump supporter in the first place but regardless he isn't anymore. That's a good thing let's just focus on that Edit: but I couldn't tell how serious u were hence why I said unless u were joking. It's hard to tell online sometimes especially when emojis aren't used Let’s not get liberals (the bark) and progressives (the bite) confused please <3 Shaming people for past ideals when they’re now fighting for the right cause makes no sense unless you’re just in the political arena to inflate your ego Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Economy 53,215 Posted September 27, 2020 Share Posted September 27, 2020 6 minutes ago, shoful said: Thank you @Economy And just to give everyone context, you all are judging without even knowing anything about my life or reasons. If you think I voted for Trump because I’m a racist, sexist and whatever else you wanna call me you’d be dead wrong. I believe in social activism. I believe in BLM. I believe in holding police accountable. I believe in gun control. I believe in gay rights, gender equality etc. The main reasons I voted for him were because I thought he would do a good job with the economy since he is a business man. I have a job in insurance so obviously i think that would benefit me. I despised Hillary Clinton. And I thought Trump would be the outsider to shake **** up. If you look at Trump’s political life. He was a democrat/independent legit up to 2014 or something. I thought we were gonna get a conservative economist who is also socially liberal. I thought all those smear campaigns about him being racist and **** were just lies trying to paint him badly so Hillary would win. Did I think he would actually be discriminatory and try to remove many rights gay people and women have? And handle a virus so poorly. Obviously not or I wouldn’t have voted for him. I did not think he would be the right wing nut he turned out to be. And obviously I am sorry for having voted for him. That doesn’t mean I deserve to be slandered religiously on here. I have now seen the light instead of trying to punish me, lets work together to get this monster out of office. I think a lot of people are in the same boat as me where we did not think he would do these things and are now voting for the better President: Biden. I somewhat get u. I NEVER liked him and never supported him but there are economic ways of thinking I agreed with him on. It wasn't enough for me to think he'd be a good president because of the other problematic things but if it was JUST on the economy I was leaning more towards him than Hillary However he ended up doing a bunch of crazy sh*t (still focusing just on economy). The silly trade wars that weren't beneficial in the slightest for anyone, the Corporate tax cuts which were excessive, and he didn't end up cutting taxes for the average person almost at all which was critical to boost economy and his increase in spending were not targeted at good investments with good multiplier effect (like the wasteful military) so there was a lot of waste I never liked him for his social stances, his attitudes and personality. But I do understand why some were drawn to him on economy. But even on the economy he totally screwed up Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Emvee 8,892 Posted September 27, 2020 Share Posted September 27, 2020 1 minute ago, StarstruckIllusion said: Let’s not get Liberals (the bark) and progressives (the bite) confused please <3 Shaming people for past ideals when they’re now fighting for the right cause makes no sense... I was gonna point out the difference too but I didn’t want to make the poor guy feel attacked once again. Isn’t it a shame how the word progressive has been hijacked to demonize liberals? Like, no, they’re not progressive. Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
lego 44,165 Posted September 27, 2020 Share Posted September 27, 2020 7 minutes ago, shoful said: If you think I voted for Trump because I’m a racist, sexist and whatever else you wanna call me you’d be dead wrong. k not to start an argument, but I clearly remember you posting and liking lots of anti-immigrant, islamophobic and racist/sexist posts in the past (you’re long time member). I also remember you fiercely defending Trump, his policies and it wasn’t just about “economy”. Would be nice to know if you actually changed all those views completely and how/why, but you don’t seem to admit you had them in first place. FreePalestine Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
StarstruckIllusion 53,795 Posted September 27, 2020 Share Posted September 27, 2020 10 minutes ago, shoful said: Thank you @Economy And just to give everyone context, you all are judging without even knowing anything about my life or reasons. If you think I voted for Trump because I’m a racist, sexist and whatever else you wanna call me you’d be dead wrong. I believe in social activism. I believe in BLM. I believe in holding police accountable. I believe in gun control. I believe in gay rights, gender equality etc. The main reasons I voted for him were because I thought he would do a good job with the economy since he is a business man. I have a job in insurance so obviously i think that would benefit me. I despised Hillary Clinton. And I thought Trump would be the outsider to shake **** up. If you look at Trump’s political life. He was a democrat/independent legit up to 2014 or something. I thought we were gonna get a conservative economist who is also socially liberal. I thought all those smear campaigns about him being racist and **** were just lies trying to paint him badly so Hillary would win. Did I think he would actually be discriminatory and try to remove many rights gay people and women have? And handle a virus so poorly. Obviously not or I wouldn’t have voted for him. I did not think he would be the right wing nut he turned out to be. And obviously I am sorry for having voted for him. That doesn’t mean I deserve to be slandered religiously on here. I have now seen the light instead of trying to punish me, lets work together to get this monster out of office. I think a lot of people are in the same boat as me where we did not think he would do these things and are now voting for the better President: Biden. Yeah this makes total sense from your perspective. Most people see his 6 bankruptcies and run (me) but he did manage to start 5 more businesses, so there’s something there. I think its clear the US cant really be run as a business now so yeah good on you for realizing. Hopefully Biden is better but he doesn’t even have a clear first 100 days so 😶 Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Economy 53,215 Posted September 27, 2020 Share Posted September 27, 2020 3 minutes ago, StarstruckIllusion said: Let’s not get Liberals (the bark) and progressives (the bite) confused please <3 Shaming people for past ideals when they’re now fighting for the right cause makes no sense... I wasn't talking about everyone. I meant some on the left seem to have this issue. But I get what ur saying and I agree Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Featured Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.