Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
news

Gucci role confirmed!

rence a deux

Featured Posts

Where is LG7

i just wanna see her in glamorous stuff, clothes, bags, shoes, etc., while orchestrating an assassination in a thick italian accent and give us this look @ 1:35 :bradley:

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, Daylight Jokers said:

I'm so excited to see this since the character is very different from Gaga.

Same here! Can't wait :excited2:

Chromatican
49 minutes ago, StrawberryBlond said:

So now people talking about the "Gucci role" all makes sense. I legit didn't know what they were talking about a few days ago. I didn't know the film was actually going to be called Gucci (I assume, I've been eagerly awaiting a title). Filming's going to be difficult to judge in a Covid era, however. Some films flat-out aren't even going to get made anymore, so I'm glad this one didn't suffer that. I think it's going to be a supporting role so if she got nominated for awards, it wouldn't be as a leading actress, but it's still an acting award and she already has an Oscar anyway, even if it is for a song. I think it'll be a smart move if she doesn't so much as make a song for this movie, just focus completely on the acting, it'll win her more respect that way. I noticed a big part of the criticism for why she didn't deserve to win best actress for ASIB was because she was playing a singer and basically playing herself, so it was hardly a big undertaking for her and if she'd played a non-singer who was totally different from herself, maybe she would've deserved it more. So, maybe this will be the role that can do that for her.

You're missing out! The songs she sings don't really make sense unless you've seen the movie they're attached to. The soundtrack tells the story of the movie and it means so much more when you've witnessed both. I thought seeing her get praise and an Oscar nomination for it would make you want to watch it, no?

I actually think Gaga will be considered a lead actress in this. It seems no other female actress will have a bigger role and Patrizia was the murderess which seems to be the main plot.

Pennywise

I am DYING (lol) to see Gaga in this because this woman was like:

“Patrizia, why did you hire a hitman to kill Maurizio Gucci? Why didn’t you shoot him yourself?” badgered the reporter.

“My eyesight is not so good,” she lobbed back. “I didn’t want to miss.”

OR

"Sentenced to 26 years on appeal, Reggiani was required to find a job as a condition of her parole. She turned down her first offer of release in 2011, according to the Italian press, because the very idea of working horrified her. “I’ve never worked in my life and I don’t intend to start now,” she told her lawyer."

I CANNOT :air:

YOUR GOD IS NOT HERE MICHAEL NOR WILL HE EVER BE

StrawberryBlond
59 minutes ago, Steven said:

I think one of the reasons I don’t want to watch it is because I’m scared of being disappointed by Gaga’s acting. But knowing it got praise from the critics, I don’t think this a valid reason and eventually will watch it. It took me 3 years before watching 5F2 :bear: I’m so weird sometimes. 

I know not everyone was impressed by her acting in AHS as it was a campy kind of villain role which doesn't translate to everyone but this is different. You could say she's basically playing the pre-fame version of herself and the movie even alludes to the kind of lack of self-belief and knockbacks she actually experienced. Though she didn't win the major league awards she did win the following: Critics Choice Award, Dublin Film Critics Circle award, MTV Award, National Board of Review Award, Washington DC Area Film Critics Association award. She was also runner up at a further two and she got nominated for all the 4 major ones: SAG, BAFTA, Golden Globe and Oscar. You can't say any better than that. Some people have weirdly got nominated for/won an Oscar for a role that really didn't rate very highly across the nomination stakes but those are rare. Most of the time, if you've been nominated for an Oscar, all the other awards committees are in agreement and that's a good sign. I mean, even the haters didn't have a bad word to say about her acting. They maybe tried to pretend that the movie and soundtrack didn't do as well as was claimed but that was the most they could do. I honestly wonder if the only reason she didn't win much more was because critics were wary about giving the award to a singer, particularly one who had a somewhat controversial acting win at the Golden Globes previously. Many critics are all about only giving acting awards to full-time actors, naturally.

15 minutes ago, Chromatican said:

I actually think Gaga will be considered a lead actress in this. It seems no other female actress will have a bigger role and Patrizia was the murderess which seems to be the main plot.

That's not always how it works. You can be the only female in a movie but if your role is still much smaller than the male dominated cast, it'll still be seen as a supporting role. As I understand, it's not as if the murder takes place from the start, it'll involve a lot of the husband's rise to fame and the murder will come later.

DiskoBaby

That’s nice. I’m curious how good it’ll be. He has some of the greatest movies but his newer ones have been hit or miss.

Chromatican
7 minutes ago, StrawberryBlond said:

That's not always how it works. You can be the only female in a movie but if your role is still much smaller than the male dominated cast, it'll still be seen as a supporting role. As I understand, it's not as if the murder takes place from the start, it'll involve a lot of the husband's rise to fame and the murder will come later.

Yeah but the murder means Gaga will outlive the male lead, and I’m guessing the trial will come into play meaning Gaga will be the dominant character.

Do y'all think she is going to do a Gucci fashion campaign sometime soon to coincide with promo for the movie? That would slay, I'd love to see what weirdness Alessandro Michele and Gaga would put together:legend:

God created Adam and Eve, but Gọdga collabed with Brian🎺 and Steve🎷

I’m so excited I’m 100% here for her pursuing acting roles I love seeing her act:giveup:

💋 𝕊𝕥𝕖𝕡 𝕐𝕒 ℂ𝕠𝕠𝕜𝕚𝕖𝕤 𝕌𝕡💋🍪

Archived