💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
music news

Taylor Swift’s Folklore returns to #1 on the BB 200 chart for a 7th week

Teletubby

Featured Posts

DiskoBaby
9 minutes ago, ShtoopidLahv said:

Not really. I don’t look to external validation to know that those albums are good. I Stan a bunch of underground artists that NEVER receive acclaim so maybe I’m just used to it 

Me too but you still can’t deny you’d get excited by all the publicity, album pushing more sales, more attention being brought to it. I felt that way when Arcade Fire won. It’s a good feeling when an artist you really like succeeds and becomes the talk of everyone’s lips for a while. Even if you don’t like sports, you’d still get excited for an singer you’d like performing at the Super Bowl and all the publicity they get after that. 

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 hours ago, Dennnis said:

Honestly, how? I don’t know one person who likes her music 

Who cares. There are alot of people apart from your family and friend circle. 

Lord Temptation
14 hours ago, Dennnis said:

Honestly, how? I don’t know one person who likes her music 

Not only do I not know any one person who likes her music - I have never heard any of her songs anywhere in public (except for some Lover tracks occasionally in the supermarket and 1989 when her music was everywhere). 

In 2020 I have not heard a single Taylor Swift song anywhere

Teletubby
11 hours ago, nickkoko said:

7.png

:triggered:

LG7 is coming ezgif-1-5a2cb2b5ba28.gif

I had a hole in the pocket of my favourite coat And my love for @Juanlittlem dropped into the lining

I remember my first impressions of folklore were along the lines of "this album will fly under the radar to the GP, it's so out of the blue..."

Yet here we are: still slaying, selling and charting, while I'm still listening to cardigan, august and betty...

Let me put my clown make-up on, I deserve getting clocked!!

Screen-Shot-2020-08-29-at-12.11.01-pm.pn

7 hours ago, Lord Temptation said:

Not only do I not know any one person who likes her music - I have never heard any of her songs anywhere in public (except for some Lover tracks occasionally in the supermarket and 1989 when her music was everywhere). 

In 2020 I have not heard a single Taylor Swift song anywhere

And? You can twist it all you want, make up all the excuses, look for any explanation, scream local, irrelevant outside the US, say anything you want that will help you sleep at night, the truth of the matter is Folklore is selling tons, the bitch is succeeding, and she’s not only succeeding in the US but also on other countries. Sales and streaming aren’t based on whether you hear them at the street or not lol, or how many people around you have heard it. The album is a success, end of story. The same mental gymnastics y’all are pulling to discredit her success are the exact same ones OGHs use to discredit Shallow’s success, or Rain On Me’s success which invalidates Chromatica’s success, and so on.

Lord Temptation
6 minutes ago, Jose P said:

And? You can twist it all you want, make up all the excuses, look for any explanation, scream local, irrelevant outside the US, say anything you want that will help you sleep at night, the truth of the matter is Folklore is selling tons, the bitch is succeeding, and she’s not only succeeding in the US but also on other countries. Sales and streaming aren’t based on whether you hear them at the street or not lol, or how many people around you have heard it. The album is a success, end of story. The same mental gymnastics y’all are pulling to discredit her success are the exact same ones OGHs use to discredit Shallow’s success, or Rain On Me’s success which invalidates Chromatica’s success, and so on.

Not sure about the need to create a false equivalency between OGHs and what people are saying about Taylor’s unprecedented, record-breaking success. Nobody is denying or diminishing Taylor’s success. Like at all. Or even saying she is undeserving. Everyone acknowledges her skill in writing appealing songs and her business acumen.

People are just utterly confused. None of the metrics align. There appears to be no correlation between her Billboard album chart performance and virtually all the other metrics. As almost everyone acknowledges, she IS the music industry. But if the industry as a whole is struggling, how can it’s most representative artist be breaking new records? It almost defies belief, but congratulations nonetheless. 

I have to confess.

At first listen I was very quick to judge and hate the album, but right now its one of the albums I keep coming back to..

Hoax, the lakes, cardigan, mtr, illicient qffairs.. i love it! 

So chill and fun to listen :lana:

KatieJudasGaga4

Taylor has been an album seller her whole career, so I don't see why a lot of you are confused and being bitter. :smh:

There are a lot of artists whose singles underperform, but their albums sell a lot.

Archived