đź’“ DAWN OF CHROMATICA đź’“

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Gaga and vocal effects

Aleks

Gaga using autotune/vocal effects  

55 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of Gaga using autotune/effects?

• I love it! Sounds amazing and elevates the songs
    • Ew, no thanks... She’s destroying her amazing vocals
    • Depends (comment below)

Featured Posts

FfFfFfFF

Tunning doesn't make a song worse or less worse or less valid. On the contrary, Autotune is an instrument just like guitars or drums. In can also be used for stylistic purposes.

I ain't no expert on autotune or production in general. In fact, I know nothing.

But, if Poker Face and 911 are examples of heavy use of autotune, I love what I hear on both of those songs, so bring it on. 

5 minutes ago, FfFfFfFF said:

Tunning doesn't make a song worse or less worse or less valid. On the contrary, Autotune is an instrument just like guitars or drums. In can also be used for stylistic purposes.

Well, it's not what I meant, but to answer what you said, it COULD actually make a song worse.

Like, imagine if she was singing "Shallow" with T-Pain vocals :ladyhaha:

At the end of the day, it's a matter of preference. Some people will love 911 and others will think it has too many effects. Just like some people think the bridge of Deeper and Deeper by Madonna is not as good with that Spanish guitar while others love it, speaking of instruments.

But I get your point. :kiss:

We don’t really need to talk too much, show each other what we know 🦋

I like the fact there is always a good reason with the use of autotune in Gaga's songs. It participates to the musicality and the atmosphere of the song almost like she was an instrument, I love her autotuned songs as much as her other bops

djBuffoon

I think Gaga and her producers are always very smart about how the vocals work in service of the song. And she also has enough control of her voice to make the effects really sound good, and not like she’s hiding something. 

WORLDofGAGA

For me Gaga has always done it right and enhances the song, gives it that edge, feeling or emotion that normal vocals couldn’t. But I wouldn’t want it on every song of hers, the song has to justify it and still sound like her. 

@W0RLDofGAGA

Infinity Wave

I LOVE them when they're used with moderation, like in Alice bridge

I do like them when they're used more extensively but still subtly in a way, like in HML verses

I hate them when they're too "bright" and overshadow the music and harmonies, i.e. in Marina's Better Than That, which just feels overproduced.

I have mixed feelings about 911 because they are extremely predominant but still she managed to insert harmonies and symphonies into the vereses, by overlaying various vocal lines, and that's GENIUS if you ask me, so yeah, Gaga always knows how to deliver avant-garde pop perction :tony:

Colourful

1 hour ago, Lucas said:

I love it on every album except ARTPOP. The autotune/vocal effects on ARTPOP songs make her sound lifeless

I think that's the entire point lov :laughga:

I personally feel like she wrote the song about her old manager trying to make her change her vision and force her to make lifeless pop music with no soul. 

Defmix100
2 hours ago, MiQuenDroid said:

The vocal effects in Aura... :laughga:

I think the effects on her verses in the leaked version are the best effects she's had, they sound amazing especially with the beat production

Archived