Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Applause is Underrated

RRR

Featured Posts

I LOVE Applause and it’s easily one of her best songs imo. I still play it when I need an instant pick me up bop. The intro is iconic and the chorus drop is fire. On top of that it’s the perfect mix of gaga camp, high fashion, and edge. I don’t think it’s underrated though as it was a huge hit and is still a bop. 

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply
SevenWonder

ARTPOP was the album that made me stan Gaga. So I love Applause. And DWUW. And Gypsy. And the whole dang album...

androiduser
2 hours ago, LadyGoo said:

People just tend to leave it off their list of hits from her. I know she has so many hits but it's like people just forget that Applause was a banger

It's not right

I think it's because it wasn't absolutely massive, so fans don't have validation that it was a huge massive song that everyone loves, and it wasn't a failure either, so the fans don't feel like they need to make up for it with extra love and attention, like they do with some songs that are totally overrated by the fan community.

Agunimon

Applause had more longevity than Roar, so who won in the end? GTA 5 players even search for the music video. :billie: It's by FAR the song I hear the MOST day-to-day.

Cherry Blues
10 hours ago, DiskoBaby said:

It’s a bop, it’s cute but it’s rated right where it should be.

It wasn’t groundbreaking to me when I heard it and after Bad Romance and Born This Way, I had higher expectations for her musically.

But yeah, it’s a good song to workout to. A nice hit for what it is.

Must everything be groundbreaking?

Bad Romance really had this kind of a dramatic innovative pop-dance anthem. It just has this unique vibe.

While Born This Way mixed pop with gospel and became a anthem for positive self-perception.

Applause with it's electronic synth pop feeling describes LG's characteristic and also characteristic of most people: desire for recognition. I know that because of all the crazy hype in first years of LG's career we just imagined  stuff which was bigger than everything LG could serve. She could maybe, but it maybe we expected to much. In the end it's a charming synth pop piece with intersting theatrical vocals from Lady Gaga.

10 hours ago, DiskoBaby said:

It’s a bop, it’s cute but it’s rated right where it should be.

It wasn’t groundbreaking to me when I heard it and after Bad Romance and Born This Way, I had higher expectations for her musically.

But yeah, it’s a good song to workout to. A nice hit for what it is.

agree, it's just an OK single to me. DWUW (solo or with anyone unproblematic) or Venus as the lead single would've been great. 

DiskoBaby
3 hours ago, Cherry Blues said:

Must everything be groundbreaking?

Bad Romance really had this kind of a dramatic innovative pop-dance anthem. It just has this unique vibe.

While Born This Way mixed pop with gospel and became a anthem for positive self-perception.

Applause with it's electronic synth pop feeling describes LG's characteristic and also characteristic of most people: desire for recognition. I know that because of all the crazy hype in first years of LG's career we just imagined  stuff which was bigger than everything LG could serve. She could maybe, but it maybe we expected to much. In the end it's a charming synth pop piece with intersting theatrical vocals from Lady Gaga.

Well this is just my opinion but, ARTPOP to me just felt like how she put too much effort on her style and looking artsy while not making artsy music. I get it it’s commercial pop music with high art visuals, but I felt she did it better with The Fame without looking too pretentious or sounding dated. But that’s just my opinion. It didn’t feel like her music was evolving to me. I do like some songs on there.

Cherry Blues
2 hours ago, DiskoBaby said:

Well this is just my opinion but, ARTPOP to me just felt like how she put too much effort on her style and looking artsy while not making artsy music. I get it it’s commercial pop music with high art visuals, but I felt she did it better with The Fame without looking too pretentious or sounding dated. But that’s just my opinion. It didn’t feel like her music was evolving to me. I do like some songs on there.

I understand what you mean, but with ARTPOP she maybe didn't wanted to be musically non-commercial to some degree and also there were simple but interesting elements. I think with ARTPOP we expected this theatrical touch like with the VMA Paparazzi but LG worked for the Applause video with independent artists - she had partly completely different efforts and ambitions as we thought i think.

Archived