🎃 Spotify Playlist 🎃

Sign in to follow this  
politics

Trump campaign planning to 'bypass election results'

Have you ever bypassed a democratic election's results?  

70 members have voted

  1. 1. Have you ever bypassed a democratic election's results?

    • All the time, yes.
      16
    • What? No.
      54


bionic

A jarring new report from The Atlantic claims that the Trump campaign is discussing potential strategies to circumvent the results of the 2020 election, should Joe Biden defeat Donald Trump, by first alleging the existence of rampant fraud and then appointing electors in battleground states where Republicans maintain a legislative majority, whom Trump would ask to bypass the state’s popular vote and instead to choose electors loyal to the GOP and the sitting president.

Read source for how this would be achieved.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/tommybeer/2020/09/23/report-trump-campaign-actively-discussing-radical-measures-to-bypass-election-results/#6af7ced14800

Edited by bionic
buy bionic
  • Shook 3
  • Sad 5

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
homomo

The USA is basically a fascist authoritarian state now

  • Like 33
  • Sad 2
  • Thanks 8

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
djBuffoon

And this is why it's crucial that anyone who is undecided or thinking about staying home needs to vote for Biden.

Trump will try to claim the election was rigged if he seems to be losing. There's not a doubt in my mind it will happen. And if he seems to be ahead on election night, he will use his team of lawyers to try and stop the counting of any subsequent absentee ballots, claiming that they're all fraudulent. Keep in mind, he will have no proof of this.

So, the bigger the margin in votes between Biden and him, the less room he has to claim foul play, and the less likely the court will be to give him anything if he tries it.

  • Like 39
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 2

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
djBuffoon

^ And to my earlier comment, I would also add, do your research too. Look into their proposals, and see which candidate has the country's best interest. I think the answer is clear, but your perspective might be different. 

But I don't think this is the year to vote third-party, or stay home. The sanctity of American democracy is at stake, literally.

  • Like 21
  • Thanks 1

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
bionic

Another fun highlight:

 

"Trump would ask state legislators to set aside the popular vote and exercise their power to choose a slate of electors directly," The Atlantic reports. "The longer Trump succeeds in keeping the vote count in doubt, the more pressure legislators will feel to act before the safe-harbor deadline expires."

"the state legislatures will say, 'All right, we've been given this constitutional power. We don't think the results of our own state are accurate, so here's our slate of electors that we think properly reflect the results of our state." Lawrence Tabas, chair of the Pennsylvania Republican Party, also told The Atlantic he has discussed the direct appointment of electors with the Trump campaign, saying, "I've mentioned it to them, and I hope they're thinking about it too." The Trump campaign said it is "fighting for a free and fair election."

buy bionic
  • Sad 2

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
PunkTheFunk

I mean, I wouldn't put it past him to try anything at this point.

  • Like 1

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
blankpaper
Just now, PunkTheFunk said:

I mean, I wouldn't put it past him to try anything at this point.

I've been saying for awhile that I wouldn't be surprised at this point if he starts bombing liberal cities on election day or after the results

reality’s tight if the music is right
  • Like 3
  • LMAO 1
  • Thanks 1

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
lavenderblondee

I'm genuinely terrified to be here right now. 

  • Like 5
  • Sad 1

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
Aga Gydal

He will do whatever it takes to stay in power because he knows he’ll be prosecuted once he’s a private citizen again. He’d rather burn this country down and incite a civil war than face his crimes. That is his only motive. 
 

It will be a messy situation either way, but the least messy outcome is that Biden wins by a landslide, therefore giving Trump’s strategy as few legs to stand on as possible. People need to vote for Biden like their lives depend on it, because that is the case. Like it or not, this is a “fall in line” moment for us. Biden is not my ideal candidate by any means, but he’s our ticket to live and fight another day. 

  • Like 20

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
SEANGT

he's going to steal the election and y'all will fall for it again. just accepting some rigged bullshit. that's my prediction. Biden better win by 20 ****ing points 

Edited by SEANGT
  • Like 1
  • Shook 1

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
MOT
18 minutes ago, djBuffoon said:

And this is why it's crucial that anyone who is undecided or thinking about staying home needs to vote for Biden.

Trump will try to claim the election was rigged if he seems to be losing. There's not a doubt in my mind it will happen. And if he seems to be ahead on election night, he will use his team of lawyers to try and stop the counting of any subsequent absentee ballots, claiming that they're all fraudulent. Keep in mind, he will have no proof of this.

So, the bigger the margin in votes between Biden and him, the less room he has to claim foul play, and the less likely the court will be to give him anything if he tries it.

 

16 minutes ago, djBuffoon said:

^ And to my earlier comment, I would also add, do your research too. Look into their proposals, and see which candidate has the country's best interest. I think the answer is clear, but your perspective might be different. 

But I don't think this is the year to vote third-party, or stay home. The sanctity of American democracy is at stake, literally.

I wish I could disagree with even a part of what you say, but I'm afraid I can't.

Trump kept insisting in the 2016 campaign that the election was rigged. I was hoping someone would ask him post-election if he had a date in mind yet for the re-run, seeing as the original was rigged, but I don't think the question ever came.

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
Chromatican

If he wins we must protest and get him out by any means necessary. Revolution happens in the streets not at the polls.

  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
djBuffoon
39 minutes ago, Aga Gydal said:

He will do whatever it takes to stay in power because he knows he’ll be prosecuted once he’s a private citizen again. He’d rather burn this country down and incite a civil war than face his crimes. That is his only motive. 

It will be a messy situation either way, but the least messy outcome is that Biden wins by a landslide, therefore giving Trump’s strategy as few legs to stand on as possible. People need to vote for Biden like their lives depend on it, because that is the case. Like it or not, this is a “fall in line” moment for us. Biden is not my ideal candidate by any means, but he’s our ticket to live and fight another day. 

100000%.

And I encourage people to do their research because, although Biden is also not my ideal candidate, his proposals for healthcare expansion, tax reform, racial equity, the environment, and LGBTQ+ support - should they come to pass - are as progressive as anything we would have seen from a sitting president.

Are they Bernie-level improvements? No. But at this point, I would accept a happy medium and fight for more. But Biden needs to win first.

Edited by djBuffoon
  • Like 8

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
Florin

Can US really accept something like this if it happens? I dont see it, but better go and vote and make sure that this wont happen.

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...